You and Me

Something only we know.

Present Day

 

After seeing him I walk and sit next to TOP.

 

“When did you arrive?” He asks.  His eyes are red and swollen, and his voice is breaking.  He is not looking at me, he keeps looking the necklace.

 

“Hyung…” I realize my voice is breaking too.  Seunghyun gently my back. “What are you listening?” I try to change the subject.

 

“Our song.  Me and Yoona’s” TOP answers.  Then, he puts his earphone close to me.  The melody seems familiar.

 

“I know it.  You and Me by Penny and the Quarters right?” I ask, but Seunghyun only nods his head with empty eyes.

 

 

September 15th 2012

 

Jonghyun read the letter over and over again.  Every time, each word was more painful.  He didn’t talked to anyone but he didn’t cry either. Jonghyun kept silent and lonely.

 

As days passed his condition deteriorated. Jonghyun still did his part of the job very well.  He went to the interviews and concerts, but his mind was any other place.  He wanted to talk to Yoona so badly.  He wanted to clean his name in front of her.  He wanted to clarify the missunderstood, and, if after knowing the truth Yoona decided to stop seeing him, then he would accept it easily. 

 

One day, Jonghyun went directly to the rehersal roomof the company and asked to talk with ChoA. When ChoA came out, she was so beautiful it was almost impossible for Jonghyun to believe she could have taken away his happiness.

 

“I need you to talk to her and tell exactly what happened that day.  It’s been almost four months and you haven’t apologized”  Jonghyun said, looking at her.  ChoA showed a slight smile.

 

“If she is not willing to listen, she must not love you that much.  I’ve heard she already decided to forget you”  ChoA’s words were hard and hurtful.

 

“You used to be my friend, I really liked you ChoA, but I never knew you were this kind of person.  The only thing I need from you now is to tell the truth.  You are right, Yoona won’t listen to me so you have to do it”

 

“You don’t get it.  I love you.  I don’t want to be only your friend….”

 

“No, you don’t. Maybe you like me, but don’t talk about love.  People who love can’t be like you.  I am really ashamed I was once your friend.  From this day you are death to me.   If you don’t want to talk to her I will find a way, but I don’t want to see your face again”  Jonghyun turned around and walked away. 

 

“Im Yoona you will pay for this”  ChoA cursed while wiping her tears.

 

 

October 2012

 

“You are going tomorrow to Japan to film a CF with Lee Min Ho”  the manager told Yoona as soon as she got on the car to go to SNSD’s dormitory.

 

“Oh, right.  I haven’t seen Minho Oppa in a while”  Yoona said while drinking water.

 

“I’ve heard he is really excited too.  I think he really likes you.  Well, to be honest I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like you”  her manager commented “By the way, an envelope arrived I put it inside your bag”  Yoona rapidly check on the letter, thinking it was from TOP.

 

“                                                   

September 30th 2012

 

Yoona:

 

Hello sunbaenim. I’m very very sorry for the terrible pain I caused you.  I would like to have the chance to explain myself.  I am not a bad person, and I searched for four months the right words to explain what happened that day, what you saw…If you still want to hear the truth, please come to the caffee house near SM building. I’ll wait for you until 11pm.

 

ChoA

 

Yoona inmmediately ordered her manager to make a stop in the store.  When she walked in she saw ChoA’s famous blonde hair.  Yoona walked slowly torwards her, until she was infront of the girl. She looked at ChoA disgusted.

 

“Seat please”  ChoA said, pointing at the chair in front of her.

 

“I want you to be quick and honest.  What you say right now is going to affect my life and Jongyun’s life…”

 

“He loves you Yoona” ChoA interrupted. “Jonghyun does love you, or at least he did”

 

“What?”
 

“The day of your birthday you barely looked at him, you were ashamed that somebody will find about you two so you ignored him.  He felt bad so he called me.  I don’t care if we are idols, because I love him.  I am not afraid of demonstrate my love for him, unlike you”

 

“That’s not true.  Jonghyun doesn’t like to show his feelings because he is like me.  You are lying”    ChoA started to get nervous.

 

“No, he was the one lying.  He felt bad everytime he wanted to show so desperately how much he loved you, and the way you acted.  All this time you were in love with someone else, you pushed him away, because you are a selfsh woman Yoona.  Even after what happened all you did was being offended instead of wondering what you did wrong.  You blame Jonghyun for everything”  ChoA was mad.

 

“Excuse me.  Are you trying to say he cheating on me was my fault? You really are disgusting, because you knew he was dating me and you still kissed him back”  Yoona was also angry.

 

“I did it because I love him”

 

“No, I love a man and I dispel him because I thought I was not good enough for him.  Instead you knew Jonghyun was really happy with me, and you still destroyed our relationship. I am sorry for you guys, because you won’t be happy togheter.  You can take Jonghyun, I am not interested in someone like him”  Yoona took her bag and walked away.  ChoA saw her leaving and a little smile scaped for her lips.

 

October 23rd 2012

 

Yoona was shooting a CF with Lee Min Ho.  Actually, they were playing while filming, because they were close friends.  Minho couldn’t maintain a straight face if Yoona was around.  All the time he kept laughing.  During a break, while Yoona and Minho were talking Yoona’s phone began to ring.  She excused herself and answered.

 

“Oppa!! Hi!”  Yoona rapidly said excited.

 

“How dare you not to tell me you are in Japan?  You know I am here too”  TOP scolded Yoona.

 

“Oppa, relax.  I was planning to call you and Yoonchun at night to go out and have dinner.  Of course I was planning to see my friends”  Yoona tranquilize him.

 

“Well, let me check, yes I am free.  And this ugly guy says he is free too” 

 

“Are you with Yoonchun Oppa?”

 

“Of course, we always hang out togheter.  Do you want us to pick you up?”

 

“Mm… Sure I am staying at Claska hotel”

“No way, I am there too.  I’ll sent you my room number and when you are ready call us, we will be resting at my room”

 

Yoona kept filming until 8:00 pm.  Then, she and Minho went to the hotel.  Yoona invited her friend to go for dinner, and Minho accepted. Yoona met Yoonchun, TOP and Minho at the lobby at 10:30 pm.  Seunghyun was not really happy to see another person was going to have dinner with them, but he agreed and tried to be extra nice with Yoona’s friend.  As soon as they saw Lee Min Ho, Yoonchun and TOP started to sing ‘Almost paradise…” TOP even shouted “Goo Yoon Pyo, the F4 leader” with a high pitched voice, while Yoona and Yoonchun laughed.  Minho first looked at him afraid, then he laughed and sang ‘Iris, somebody help me’ .  After that Seunghyun immediately liked Lee Min Ho.

 

The dinner was rather fun.  Yoonchun was talking to Yoona about his job while TOP and Minho shared tips on acting.  Seunghyun and Yoona didn’t spend a lot of time togheter.  They had a kind of secret code.  Every time Yoona surprised Seunghyun looking at her, she would return his gaze with a funny face.  Seunghyun smiled taking a big breath and continue the conversation.  When they arrived the hotel the three male accompanied Yoona to her room.

 

“I must say, I am the luckiest girl in Korea.  This kind of scene is only shown in fiction.  Three handsome guys escorting me to my room.  Thank you boys, now go and rest”  Yoona started to get ready to sleep.  She was washing her face when the phone from the room interrupted her. “Hello? This is Im Yoona”

 

“I know Miss Yoona”  A seductive voice on the other side of the line answered.

 

“What Oppa?  You really couldn’t spend ten minutes withouth hearing my precious voice?”  Yoona joked with Seunghyun.

 

“Uff, busted!” TOP said entertaining. “I want to know if you would like to go tomorrow to for a walk with me since today we didn’t talk a lot”

 

“You mean just you and me?”

 

“Yeap”

 

“Well let me chek yes am free”  Yoona smiled

 

“Then see you at noon.  Oo, and Miss Yoona. You looked absolutely beautiful today”  Seunghyun immediately hang up.  Yoona didn’t know why, but she was blushing.

 

The next day Yoona met TOP at 5:00 pm.  They went to the park, completely cover, using the weather as an excuse.  Nobody recognized them because they made sure to walk in not crowded places. The first stop was for an ice-cream.  Yoona and Seunghyun sat down to eat their respective cones.

“So, tell me.  How life has treated you?”  TOP asked, looking at Yoona.

 

“Well fine Mr. I have amazing friends, a job that maked me happy and finally, now that I know the truth, I can let go once and for all that issue”  TOP’s eyes grow with curiosity.

 

“You talked to Jonghyun?”  He asked shoked.

 

“No, I talked to ChoA.  She can be really pretty, but inside I am not so sure she is the nicest person”  Yoona replied, pretending indifference.

 

“Are you… everything’s fine with Jonghyun?”

 

“I still need to give him his necklace back” Yoona finally looked at TOP “It’s over.  I don’t want to hear about him anymore.   Actually, do you remember what you told me on New Year?  Well, you have a chance, and I am letting you know” 

 

“I will use my chance.  Get up, let’s go shopping”

 

Seunghyun and Yoona walked trought a market while playing a question-answer game.

 

“Ok so the funniest member one two three” Top yelled.

 

“Hyoyeon unnie”

“Daesung”

 

“Now, mos considerate member go” This time Yoona was asking

 

“Taeyeon unnie”

“Jiyoung”

 

“Mm, now let’s change the rules, you will answer with a name of my members. Who do you think is the most friendly?” TOP asked

 

“I know Daesung Oppa the best, so I would say it’s between Daesung Oppa and Seungri, but I’ll go for Daesung” Yoona said stopping at a toy store.

 

“Who is the prettiest member in SNSD?” she asked holding a rusian doll. 

 

“Of course it’s you” TOP answered withouth hesitation.  They looked at each other, slowly getting closer when a storm began.  Yoona covered her face and Seunghyun tried to hide her inside his coat. They ran as fast as they could to the hotel because they were not really far from it, but when they arrived they were completely wet.  It didn’t matter. This was the happiest Yoona ever was in the last four months and she didn’t even knew why. TOP was also laughing.  He was really hansome.

“Sorry Miss, but your room is not available in this moment.  The cleaning lady is going to need another 20 minutes”  The servant told Yoona when she asked her key to go and change.

 

“Use mine, if you don’t change your clothes you’ll get sick”  TOP suggested when Yoona told him her room was not available. Yoona accepted.  When they were in the elevator, Seunghyun and Yoona were still laughing.

 

“Oppa, I think you look more handsome weat.  Well you look manly”

 

“You once said I was really y”

 

“Mm… maybe you need to lear how to play the guitar.  I love men who play the guitar very well”

 

“Hey, I never asked you to learn anything”

 

“You can aske me now”

 

“But, you are already perfect”

 

“Aish, my heart is going to have a over your chessiness” 

 

TOP opened her room and went directly to the bathroom for a towel.

 

“Hey, do you mind if I play a song?”  Yoona yelled

 

“Go ahead”  TOP replied inside the bathroom.  Yoona took her phone out and played ‘You and me’ by Penny and the Quarters. Seunghyun went out in the exact moment when the music started. “Sounds very nice”  he commented.

 

“I thought I could share this song with you since you always recommend me nice music”  Yoona said while Seunghyun took the towel and started to dry Yoona’s hair.  He took Yoona’s head in his hands and shook it playfully.  Yoona took his hands and laughed.

 

“Stop stop”  She tried to get rif of the towel over her head.  She smiled and her eyes encountered TOP’s eyes.

 

When love is real you don’t have to show it”  TOP sang.  “I already knew this song” He confessed. Yoona started to get close to him.

 

“So you want it to be you and me”  She whispered, really close. TOP finally shut the space between them and kissed her.  Yoona closed her eyes and let the emotion flow.  TOP’s arms took her by her wrist and carry her.  Yoona wrapped her legs aroud TOP.  He gently laid her down on his bed.  Seunghyun was on top of Yoona until both stopped to get some air.

 

“Oppa, your heart is beating really fast”  Yoona said while caressing TOP’s face.

 

“Because I am happy”  He answered kissing Yoona’s forehead.

 

“This is the first time I…”

 

“Come on Miss Yoona, of course I woulnd’t let you have your first time here.  I just want to hug you, and sleep with you in the literal meaning of the word”  TOP said smiling. Yoona then make a move and went on top of Seunghyun.

 

“Ok then, let me go and change”  Then she got up and went to the bathroom.  Seunghyun also wore his pijamas. When he was completely dry he went to the bed and the TV.  Yoona then went out of the bathroom and laid down next to him.  She was wearing his pijamas.

 

“Haha, Miss Yoona you look like a rapper”  TOP commented laughing.

 

“That’s because I am wering a rapper’s clothes”  Yoona answered annoyed. “Now that I think about it, my room must be ready so I think I am going”

 

“I won’t let you”  TOP rapidly took Yoona by her wrist and pulled her back to her spot next to him.  “you promised to sleep with me in the literal meaning of the word”  Then, hugging each other Yoona and Seunghyun continued talking while listening ‘You and me’ as a background song.