Going Back to the Start

Something only we know.

Present day

 

I hold his hand and look down, still waiting for him to let go and walk away, but he isn’t.  Instead, when i look up to meet his eyes I see him smiling at me.  Why is he always like this? He is so perfect i hate myself for doing this, but i know there is no turning back.  I made my decision and despite the news i just brought he is still here, giving me the warmest smile, just like the night we met.

 

 

September 2011

 

Yoona was really upset that day.  After filming she came back to the doorms thinking she deserved a good nap, instead she opened the door and found the girls running around, getting ready for the party. “Oh no” she tought.  She had completely forgot about that, so there was no drees or make-up waiting for her.  The simple tought of her having to pick an outfit made her feel disgusted, so she went directly to her room adn grabbed a drees, put a light layer of makeup on her face and closed her eyes. Jessica entered the room and saw her.  She escolded her, forcing Yoona to wear something better, giving a speech that they were to meet CNBlue officially, cause even tough Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Taeyeon had see them before, that night they get to meet the three of them and hang out as a family.  Yoona was so tired that fought hard not to sleep while Jessica was talking.  The reality was she could care less if she was meeting the president himself, she just wanted to sleep.  A really pissed Jessica went to the wordrobe and took a dress, but Jessica being a fashionista also prepared the accessories , shoes and makeup.  Yoona thanked her and lazily prepareed herself.  Once the car arrived her humor lift up.  Seohyun was nervous hearing her unnies.  They were planning to give a hard time on her brothers in law, and Yoona found that funny.  When they arrived to the party Yonghwa, as a caring boyfriend, was already waiting for Seohyun at the door, and when he saw SNSD he ordered his bandmates to greet them doing a ninety degrees reverence.  The girls laugh as one by one of the CNBlue members were presenting themselves. After the introductions Yoona walked with Yuri when someone touched her shoulder.  She turned around and saw Jungshin looking down with a red face.  She looked at him curious, when he finally lift his head and said: “Hello Yoona ssi, i just wanted to say that i remember the time you say hi to me in that readio show, i’ve been your fan since then and i am so happy we have the oportunity to meet each other often now that our lider is dating your maknae, i promisse i will take god care of her so you can see me as a good brother in law” he didn’t even took breath until the final of the sentence.  Yuri started to laugh and Yoona only smiled.  She replied with a simple: “Thank you Jungshin, i will remember your words. If i see a single drop coming from Seo eyes you are going to suffer” Jungshin and her laughed togheter, then she politely bowed and walked away with Yuri. After that, the night was boring, since all the girls were talking with their friends and dancing, but because Yong was too tired to dance, to shy to talk and too lazy to get up and sit next to one of her members, she decided to stay there, alone in the bar nodding off.  After her legs started to get cramp she got up and went to the exit, she needed fresh air if she was going to continue in the party for at least another two hours.  She went to the corner, where the building had a big window and the sound was lost cause it was the distant wall.  When Yoona opened that big window the air came like if it was waiting.  Yoona smiled and closed her eyes letting the cold air to mees up the hair Jessica brushed hours ago.  When she finally felt she had enough to wake up, Yoona opened her eyes and found him.  Her face color became hot pink and in a desperate moment she quickly tried to close the window.  The only thing she earned was a crushed finger. Jonghyun, who was smiling seeing Yoona since the first moment she sat on the couch and opened the door, rapidly ran to her and pressed her finger, then unexpectedly, he started to blow at her finger.  Yoona looked at him in disbelief.  She just had met him and yet, she believed that was the most caring thing a man had done for her.  Jonghyun’s action reminded her of her father.  Good, she missed him.  With all the work she had, Yoona felt lucky if she could talk with her father on the phone for ten minutes.  She was thinking of that until a warm voice brought her to reality.

 

“Sorry, did I make you feel uncomfortable? I just had to check cause sometimes the blood stays there and that’s why the finger becomes purple.  Don’t worry it’s just painful but nothing serious” He smiled and softly let her hand. 

 

A shy “than you” is all Yoona could reply.  A complete minute of silence became like a wall between them.  Jonghyun started to stand up.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m just so ashamed. You saw me smiling like and idiot to the window didn’t you?” she said with a worried face staring at the floor.

 

“Ooo, yes I did but it waesn’t my intention I’m so sorry.  I just…I’m not…I was…” Jonghyun also stared at the yellow floor. “I came because we were going to meet our sister in law, but honestly I’m not a party boy.  I just wanted to find a nice place to sleep for a while, at least until one of the members wants to go back to the dorms, but apparently I will have to wait, since they seem pretty happy dancing”

 

“Are you for real? Mee too.  I came for air because I was sleeping at the bar.  I was so embarrassed and then I felt really stupid when you saw me acting like a drunken man.  I was worried you might think I am that kind of girl.  I want to leave a good impression in front of my brothers in law” Yoona eyes were sparkling.  A smiled formed in her lips and Jongshing raised her head to see her as a child that just receieved a candy.

 

“I would never think that of you.  I’ve seen you before.  You might not remember but we were at the radio station.  I was actually walking behind you when you saw Jongshing smiled at him, bowed and continue.  I thought that was pretty cool, since we were roockies and you are part of Korea’s representative girl group”

 

“Oo, I see.  Sorry I didn’t greet you.  You must be a ninja cause I didn’t hear you” Jonghyun smiled, and laughed.  This was pretty unusual.  He was a quiet guy, unwilling to interact with other idols. 

 

“You don’t have to apologize, cause what I saw surprised me a lot.  I guess this is the second time I see you and once again you have proved to be real, smilig at the air, smashing your finger, full of embarrasement, you are nothing like the other idols, you and Seohyun are really special”

 

“Do you think I am? Well I am more like the dork type, but if you want to meet someone really cool you shoul try talking to Fany Unnie, she is the sweetheart of the group, Taeyeon unnie is like a mom to all of us, she maintain us togheter no matter what.  Hyo unnie is super funny, she could care less about her public image and that’s what makes her so unique…”Yoona was looking at the horizon this time, smiling while talking about her members and once again she felt shy. “Sorry, as you might notice I loose the point really easy” she finally said shaking her head.

 

Jonghyun smiled at her and covered his mouth with his hand. “Are you kidding? Seeing the way you talk about SNSD… you guys must be really close…” That phrase opened the door for a nonstop talking.  Yoona and Jonghyun forgot they were sleepy before.  Instead a lot of laughing caused for the stories of their respective groups filled the small corner they were sitting.  They dropped the honorifics when they found they were the same age, and not only that but their birthdays were only few days apart.  Earning confidence Jonghyun was able to talk about deeper issues.  He told Yoona about his problem to interact with people, especially idols.

 

 

“Haha, believe me, a flower boy like you, i am sure girls are not approaching cause they find you too good looking, and boys see you as a threath, but if you find the right people, you will outshine everyone in the party, you are really funny” Jonghyun smiled once again. He was amazed by Yoona´s personality, she was so beautiful but yet so simple.  He knew it, he knew since the first time he saw her greeting Jungshing.  She was special, and that was one of the reasons he was the one iniciating the conversation.  What he found that night cleared all his toughts, Im Yoona was indeed from another class, superior to the people he had known, and the fact that she was her sister in law made him even happier, cause he had the felling of finding his first true female idol friend.

 

They were looking at the nigh lights of the city picturing themselves with their families, feeling envious of those who spend a lot of time wth their relatives, when and excited Taeyeon with a smile on her face appeared out of nowhere. Yoona knew that could only mean one thing, and her thoughts turned out to be true when her unnie said “Junsu is here” happily she ran to Yoona and grabbed her arm.

 

“Wow, Jonghyun? What…? Nevermind, listen I need to take Yoona for a minute, maybe more.  You’re free from boring Yoona now” Jonghyun smiled shyly and looked at Yoona.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to go.  Thank you for spending your time with boring me. It was a pleasure talking with you.  Let’s meet each other with a smile next time” That being said Yoona bowed and Jonghyun stood up immediately bowing back.  Taeyeon only waved, she was in a rush.    

 

Both of them ran to a table where Jessica was standing talking to the most handsome guy Yoona knew, Park Yoonchun, along with Jaejoong and Junsu.

 

When Yoonchun saw Yoona he almost ran to her, and when they were face to face he hug her tight.  “I missed you so much” he whispered to he ear. “I missed you too, but if you don’t let me go now you might lose me for lack of air” she replied.  Park Yoonchun was one of Yoona’s best friends.  She met him when she was just a traine and the moment she saw him she couldn’t take her eyes out of him.  He was Yoona’s ideal type.  Back on those days she was really in love with him, and when his group DBSK debuted she turned into a fan girl for him, altough her love was one-sided every time she saw him she couldn’t help the blush.  When Taeyeon told the girls she was seeing Junsu (another member of DBSK) Yoona gathered the courage to talk to Yoonchun, and what happened became history.  He thanked her for being her fan but he showed no interest in her, so Yoona was mature enough let him be just a crush, but since Yoonchun was Junsu’s best friend inside the group, he often met the girls, and he couldn’t deny there was something special about Im Yoona.  After few months they became really close. Every time Taeyeon had a date with Junsu, Yoochun used that excuse to meet Yoona too.  By the end of that year Yoochun was desperate to talk with Yoona.  He anounced he was going to leave the company, and the posibility of a lawsuit.  She didn’t understand at the begginig, but she waesn’t mad neither.  She just needed time, so she shared her sadness with Taeyeon and Jessica. 

 

Even tough Jessica waesn’t Jaejoong’s girlfriend, she was the closest member of SNSD to him.  Hero Jaejoong was a quite a figure.  He had cold and distant image, he didn’t talk with anybody except his bandmates BoA and Jessica, because they could understand him the most.  Of course he was polite with everybody, but had no interest in became good friends with everybody around him.  

 

It was difficult for Yoona, Teyeon and Jessica to accept they had lost their friends, so they kept quiet until Teyeon decided she couldn’t live without Junsu.  She was the one that started to get in contact with them again.  Jessica followed her, knowing that BoA, being the Darling of SM waesn’t ready to talk to Jaejoong. Jessica knew how hurt he felt and she couldn’t bear it anymore.  Yoona took her time.  As the scandal of the lawsuit became public she became closer to Yunho, he was the leader of the disbaned DBSK.  In a certain way Yunho became Yoonchun’s replace.  Yoona felt loyal to him and SM, but when Yunho assured her that he waesn’t upset with JYJ Yoona decided it was time to talk. 

At first it was hard for her and Yoonchun to continue like if anything had happened, so they acted weird, but one night, the first time they met each other in person again, everything went fluent, and they said all things they had been hiding, so they went back to normal. 

 

That September night JYJ was there because of Taeyeon.  She was still Junsu’s girlfriend, and since they had not meet for months now, she invited them to the party, knowing that Jessica and Yoona would be grateful if Junsu came with his two best friends. 

 

Yoochun grabed Yoona and they happily talked to each other until Jaejoong came closer with Jessica.

 

“Hey, ugly boy, we gotta go know.  They are waiting at the restaurant” Jaejoong said.

 

“But… what about Junsu, he said he was coming with us” Yoonchun replied.

 

“Come on, it is obvious he said that to keep us quiet.  We both know once he is with SNSD’s leader he transforms himself into a love idiot.  He is not even listening to me.  I already say bye to our ice princess and she also came to pick Yoona” Jessica hit Jaejoong when he called her by her nickname, so Jaejoong laughed patting her head.

 

“Oo, but my Yoona was telling me how tired she was so i tought since we all came in different cars, to give her a ride.  I think the restaurant is not that far from her dorm, plus i still need to talk to her a bit more”

 

“Well, but you know, that boy wants you to go for him.  He is stocked in a gas station.  His car is not moving…"

 

“Liar, he told you to go for him, you are just to lazy to go, but it’s ok.  I’ll do it just because I am in a good mood and only my Yoong knows why.  Come on Yoong, let’s get going if you want to sleep a decent aumunt of hours”

 

Yoona was really thankful to Yoonchun.  He really knew her.  As son as they say good-bye to everybody, they went to the car and continue talking.  He told her how busy they were trying to get attention in Japan, she said she was happy with the popularity of SNSD.  They were halfway when Yoochun said they had to pick someone up.  He didn’t mention his name.  He kept refering to him as “that bastard”.  

 

Yoonchun drove to a gas station.  He took out his phone and called “that bastard”. “He’s coming” Yoonchun said hanging up, but after ten minutes of waiting Yoochun said he was going to look for “that bastard” and got out fo the car.  Yoona was playing with her phone when someone opened the driver’s door and sneaked in.

 

“Woah, that bastard really has courage.  How come he is making us wait here? I really want to sleep, who does he think he is?  A god? Cause i am SNSD goddes, and I really want to sleep… “ She look up smiling at her own words, this was the way she played with Yoonchun, giving herself an air of diva, cause he always about that.  Her smile faded away when she saw it was no Yoonchun who was listening to her.

 

“Well, I am Big Bang’s god, this is the bastard you are waiting for, was it worth it goddes?" He asked with his deep voice.  Soon, his lips formed a teasing smile, a smile that could make every girl intimidated, but for some reason made Yoona felt warm and secure.