We Might As Well Be Strangers

Something only we know.

“Breaking news! SNSD’s Yoona is dating Lee Seungi. Is well known by everyone how much Seungi has liked the famous idol for the past three years, but now their agencies have comfirmed a romance that seems taken out of a story tale. We don’t know who is the luckiest in this relationship, all we know is they look great togheter”

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun read the news and burned his lips with his hot coffee. Just two weeks before he had read the paper about Seunghyun going to the army so sudden that left his fans confused and sad for not being able to say goodbye in a proper way. As he read the lines over and over he couldn’t image what could have happened. Of course he knew Yoona was dating Seunghyun secretly, even when he was the one in charge of give his things back when TOP and Yoona “Broke up” something didn’t feel right. One month after Yoona was discharged from the hospital he saw her from afar outside of a practice building. Aside from the tired appearance and still hurt skin Yoona looked fine and beautiful, so Jonghyun knew it. He realized Yoona never broke up with the love of her life. He wanted so bad to tell Yoona she could trust him, that he will help her and Seunghyun too but he didn’t have the courage. Instead, whenever Yoona’s sister called him to ask about his relationship with her sister he would lie and say everything was great, that he had no doubt he would win Yoona back in no time. Even when Yoona’s sister told him about Yoona’s suspicious getaways, Jonghyun told her actually Yoona was spending time with him, so Yoona’s sister would smile and pretend not to know anything whanever Yoona excused herself to sleep outside the house. Everything seemed to be working fine, until the day the bubble exploded; it was Yoona’s birthday, Jonghyun knew it. He was expecting a call from her the day of his birthday but the call never came, he couldn’t just pretend it waesn’t a special day, as much as he tried. Inexpicably he spend the day anxious and uneasy, afraid of something. Late at night Yoona’s sister appeared in front of his door.

 

“You are such a lier. I don’t trust you anymore. Yoona was never with you was she?” Jonghyun looked at her in disbelief. He didn’t say anything. “I’m glad my sister is not with you anymore, she really can’t pick good people in her life” Then she turned around and walked away. The next day Jonghyun saw in the news Seunghyun was going to the army, and soon after the scandal of Seungi and Yoona. That morning he tried really hard to pull the pieces togheter, but nothing seemed to have sense, so he grabed his phone and dialed the number he hadn’t call in nearly five months.

 

“Hello?” A tired voice answered.

 

“Hi, this is Jonghyun. Is this Im Yoona’s phone?”

 

“Hi Jongie. How have you been” Yoona answered more relieved than surprised.

“Im fine, surviving. How about you? I hope you don’t find this call out of place or something. I just wanted to check you are doing fine”

 

“I’m not, I’m not doing fine…I…Thank you for calling me, I really neded to talk to someone, well not someone, I really neded to talk to you. I am so ashamed I cannot show my face in public now”  Yoona’s voice suddenly broke.

 

“Where are you?” Jonghyun asked genuinely worried.

 

“My house, but I woulnd’t come if I were you. There’s a lot of people outside anxious to take photos of me and ask me questions about my recently announced relationship with Lee Seungi” Yoona answered sarcastic. “But, if I can go out, will you meet me in two hours in the same place where we had our first date?”

 

“Sure”

 

Two hours later Jonghyun was already waiting, moving his leg up and down and biting his nails. When Yoona arrived he stod up and examined her from head to toe without shame. Yoona smiled uncomfortable, until Jonghyun opened her arms to let Yoona hug him and hide her face right between the spot of his chin and chest.

 

“I really messed up this time” She said, not crying but hurt.

 

“Tell me what is it”

 

Then Yoona confesed everything, he told Jonghyun about his secret romance with Seunghyun, although he knew it he tried to pretend he didn’t. She then talked about how Seunghyun went to the army the next day without telling her, how sad and alone that made her feel. Lastly she told Jonghyun about why the new relationship between her and Seungi had been announced.

 

“I was doing horrible those days. I couln’t talk to anyone because no one knew about us, only Seunggi. So after a week of not eating and not wanting to do anything Seungi took me out. To be honest he has been my best friend this days. We went to have dinner. But one thing led to another and we started drinking wine. I ordered Seungyun’s favorite, and I coulnd’t stop. Seungi drank too much too. None of us remember anything of what happened later but a few days ago pictures of us kissing that night appeard on the desk of the CEO of SM. A magazine took them and told the company to either confirm the relationship and give them the exclusive or denied everything and pay them a good aumunt of money to destroy the evidence. SM was pretty upset at me, after all I used to be the role model idol. The girl who had the appareance of an angel had done something terrible. When they asked me I told them the true. I waesn’t dating Seungi but he personally came to the building and told the CEO he would take responsibility for the photos and for me”

 

“But, he knows you are in a relationship with Seunghyun right?”

“Yes, he knows. He told me we don’t have to be a real couple. Just tell the media we are and continue with our friendship as if northing has happened. He just wants to protect my image, my group and my job” Jonghyun took a gulp of water and remained silence. Yoona looked at him with beging eyes and started to cry for the first time since the whole incident. “I know what you are thinking. I can read through your eyes. I feel really ashamed torwards Seungi but I can’t stop thinking about Seunghyun. Even the thought of him reading the paper breaks my heart because I promised I would wait for him the night before he left. He is all by himself in that place. He is not the kind of guy who likes lonliness and who can adapt easily. Yes he can make friends in no time and yet it’s going to take time for him to really trust in that new group he is forced to live with and instead of supporting him I dare to kiss someone else. I’m really the worst Joghyun”

 

“Stop! If you pity yourself then you have no chance. Of course Seunghyun is going to be mad, I am mad right now. I mean, what the hell Yoona? You don’t even drink. You don’t like alcohol and you are not the kind of person who would cheat. If anything Seungi is a gentleman and has given you support and the time you neded the most. And I will do that too. You and I are mirrors. You are my soulmate and nothing hurts me more like seeing you in this state. The first think you need to do is talking to Seunghyun. Maybe he hasn’t read the news and you can explain everything. Then with Seungi, both of you need to find out how much you are willing to fake something like this. It is not going to be easy but we are going to get through this Yoong, I swear”

 

Yoona hughed Jonghyun so hard and nedeed like never before. She clung all her hopes in him, wishing every word he just said turned out to be true.

 

 

July 1st 2014

 

It was the second day Seunghyun could have visits. Yona wanted to go since the first day but she couldn’t since his mother had occupied that day.

 

“Hi” He said with his deep amazing voice as soon as he saw her.

 

“Hi” She shyly greted him bowing and looking at her feet.

 

“You must admit I look amazing in grey” He said smiling seductive.

 

“Yeah, I was thinking that this is your best look so far. Love the haircut” Yoona answered pointing at her head

 

“Miss Yoona, you look so skinny. Why?”

 

“I recently lost my boyfriend. He didn’t say goodbye so when I woke up and didn’t see him I guess I fell in depression”

 

“Swetie, in this relationship I am the only one allowed to have depression” Yoona smiled and ran to his arms.

 

“I am an easy woman”

 

“You are the best” Seunghyun said inhaling her perfume. He tried to kiss her but she turned her head.

 

“No, I am not. Listen, I have to tell you something”

 

“Oh, sure, I forgot. Someone can see us. Iam sorry. I just…can’t control it. I really really want to kiss you right now” Seunghyun said while his cheeks turned into hot pink.

 

“I really want to kiss you too, but, I doubt you will think the same after what I have to tell you” Yoona’s eyes suddenly filled with water. She thought crying the previous weeks at least would help her to become dry, so when she were in front of TOP she wouldn’t cry anymore; that waesn’t the case.

 

“About Seungi? Don’t worry I know it is not true. Besides I can get to see you only ten minutes and I don’t want to waste time talking about others. I want to talk about you and me. I am so sorry about leaving that way. You must have been really mad. I can imagine you, completely angry at me for not saying good bye, but I thought the sooner I enter the fastest I get out ” Seunghyun tried to console Yoona, hughing her.

 

“I was really really mad, that’s why I…”

 

“Yeah?”Seunghyun asked still hughing Yoona, smelling the perfume he had dreamed of the last days.

 

“It’s true, I am officially dating Seungi, not you” She felt how Seunghyun broke the hug.

 

“What?” He asked confused.

 

“I am sorry Seunghyun. It was a mistake, I can’t even remember clearly. I failed you and I am so sorry”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“It was two weeks after you left. I went out with Seungi, I swear we were only drinking wine but you know my body can’t accept alcohol easily so I got drunk really fast. I can’t remember anything. He neither, Seungi got wasted too and someone took pictures of us”

 

“Someone took pictures of you two drunk?”

 

“No…, someone took pictures of us kissing. A magazine used them to negotiate for money so Seungi and I had no choice but to admit we were on a relationship even if it is not true. I am so sorry but I had no choice and the kiss even if it happened it didn’t mean anything, I swear” Seunghyun sat on the grey and old chair and hid his face. He was mad, that was his habit everytime he felt about to explode. Yoona saw him and inhale soundly. She was hoping Seunghyun would forgive her and hugh her. She missed him so much and she was really sad and ashamed for her actions. Finally TOP stood up and walked torwards the door. “Talk to me, say something Seunghyun, don’t leave me like this” Yoona begged holding his hand.

 

“This is something I can’t forgive so easily Yoona. I’m sorry. Gosh, I swear I would never have to use that word with you but I can’t. You have any idea how I feel?”

 

“Yes, and I…”

 

“NO! Don’t say you do because you don’t. I have never kissed another woman. I know you didn’t do it on purpose but I… I sacrificed many things to be with you. I left my group, my mother and my friends only to be accepted by your family. I left everything one day to another to come to the army just because it was neded to be with you and as soon as I leave you do this? I feel betrayed”

 

“No, don’t say that. What I feel for you is real. I love you Seunghyun, I really do. I was upset and I couldn’t control it but I can’t even remember if I kissed him or not”

 

“That’s the worst part. I did it many times too. I got drunk and loose control to the point where I wouldn’t remember a single think of what I had done but I never di it after I met you because we had a commitment”

 

“We still have it. I’ll wait for you, I promise”
 

“I’m sorry, but your promises mean nothing right now” Yoona felt the pain of the world inside her chest. “Imagine how you would feel if I had kissed Bom just because I got too drunk”

 

“Mr. Choi, time is out, you need to go back to training” A strong voice yelled from the other side of the door.  Seunghyun started to open the door.

 

“Wait, Seunghyun, what about us?”

 

“There is no us. Right now I think we need time to think about our lifes as individuals and no more as a couple. Let's just be friends, after all you have a boyfriend now”

 

"No, I can't do that. You and I can't be just friends, you and I will never be just friends because we love each other to the point it can kill us. You thought me relationships are not easy and they don't just end in an instant"

"Maybe you are right. We can't be friends, and if can't do that let's better become strangers. Yeah let's do that Im YoonA"

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello guys!! So sorry for not updating since August. I had a problem with my computer and I basically lost all my files, including my finished FF and a new one that I was stating. I'm writing the last three chapters again based on what I remember I had writen. Sorry if the ending is not good but I promise I will try my best to make sure the last chapters are almost the sme to the originals. Again sorry and I hope you enjoy the end.