Bizarre Love Triangle

Something only we know.

Present Day

 

“I do Oppa, I do…” I look at your shoes.  Your white tennis shoes, thinking what to do next, before silence builds its wall between us.

 

“Listen Yoong, I know you have to go, he might be waiting for you.  I just wanted to give you something.  This is a kind of present” you take a necklace out of your pocket and hold it against the light so I can see it clearly.  It is a beautiful white silver moon.

 

“But…this is your good luck amulet” I try to protest, before you put the necklace in my hands and start to talk.

 

“No buts, this is a kind of present.  I know this symbol does not belong to you and me, but for some reason, when I asked you to choose between him and me, I regret it, cause deep inside I already knew the answer. I would like to be angry, but I am not, I know there was a time when you loved me and that’s enough”.

 

 

November 2011

 

Yoona tried to call TOP for the next two weeks, but it was like if he had disappear from the earth.  She even tried to ask Yoonchun if TOP was ok without been too obvious.  On the afternoon she called Park Yoonchun and they were talking about themselves when Yoonchun commented

 

“Hyung gave me something for you”

 

“What?”

 

“I saw him the other day and he gave me a cd.  He said you might need it.  I must admit I am quite jealous that the two of you are this close now”

 

“When did you meet him Oppa?”

 

“Mm…let’s see.  I waesn’t able to go to his party cause Jaejoong hyung and I were in Japan, so as soon as we came back we went to see him and now is November 27th, so around two weeks ago.  Why?”

 

“Oh, nothing.  It’s just he had promised to give me that cd but when I called him he never replied, so I thought he had lost his phone or something”

 

“Maybe he was just busy.  Anyway, he gave it to me but I am going to Japan again in two days, so I am going to send it to you. Is that ok?”

 

“Yes please”

 

Yoona spent the night thinking about TOP.  Was he avoiding her? Why? Yoona was at the edge of madness thinking about it when an idea came to her mind.  She wrote a letter to TOP.  Her plan was to give it to Yuri, so she could give it to Seungri, and then he will give it to TOP.  But Yoona was sure Seungri was not going to be able to resist the temptation, so he would read it, and then tell TOP the content.  That way she was going to make sure TOP knew what the letter said.

 

November 29th 2011

Choi Seung Hyun:

 

Hello Oppa, I am going straight to the point.  I’ve tried to call you but you never answer.  First I thought you changed your number, but then I talked to Yoonchun Oppa and he told me you didn’t.  Are you avoiding me? If that’s the case I would like to know why.  I’m pretty sure I didn’t do anything to make you feel angry, but maybe I did, so I am begging you to tell me.  I received the cd and I loved it, but still feels weird and if you are not comfortable being my friend anymore, then I thank you for everything you have done till now, but please don’t gave me another cd, cause that just makes it more confusing.  If you don’t answer then I will assume you are not interested. 

 

P.d. Sorry for hanging so suddenly that day, my manager came to look for me so I waesn’t able to hear what you said on the phone.

 

Yoona”

 

The paper’s back were drowings of different types of moons. Yoona gave Yuri the letter the next day.  She also told Yuri everything.  Yuri was really surprised.  All the pieces in the puzzle had meaning now, except the part where TOP was avoiding Yoona. Yuri didn’t ask anything.  She just promised Yoona to give Seungri the letter. Another Yuri’s charm was her ability to be discrete and comprehensive. 

 

December 2011

 

The first day of December Yuri came home smiling with a letter on her hand.  The letter was closed.

 

“Here. Seungri gave it to me.  He said Seunghyun ssi wrote it for you.  This is so romantic!”  Yoona couldn’t hide her happiness and took the letter inmeddiately.  She read it out loud.

 

“                                                         

December 1st 2011

 

Dear Miss Yoona:

 I really hope this reaches you. I’ve been working on my proud, and yeah, that’s the reason why I didn’t call you back.  I saw my missed phone calls and your name was always at the T.O.P. (see what I did there?), it gave me a nice feeling, but I kept thinking about how you never answered after…after what I told you on the phone.  Your letter said you didn’t listen and that’s what gave me strength to write back.  I know I’m just a lucky bastard cause I met in one impredictible night the goddess of the nation, the prettiest girl in Korea and probably one of the most beautiful woman in the world; the incredible thing is that she wants to be my friend.  I feel really bad for ignoring you, but that action opened my eyes and somehow let me know that I am a special person for you.  Don’t worry you are special for me too.  I am invited to this Awards you are hosting.  I am expecting to see you there and talk about what happened in that phone call.  Meanwhile my promise is this: answer all you phone calls, letters, messages, etc. so don’t doubt in calling if you need something.

 

PS: What’s with all the moons in the paper you gave me? Are you trying to tell me something?

 

Seunghyun”

 

Yoona slowly took down the paper on her hands.  She looked at Yuri.

 

“What do you think he said on the phone?” Yoona asked, confused, looking at her friend.

 

“Well, he was obviously ashamed and that’s why he didn’t return your calls.  Maybe a secret he wanted to share with you”

 

“Do you think it is a good idea if I call him now?”

 

“You are going to meet him on the Awards right? I think you should give him some time; but that’s just my opinion.  By the way, have you talked to Jonghyun?

 

“No, I haven’t.  Why?”

 

“Well, Seohyun told me he was sick, not deadly sick but still, he had fever or something.  I thought you knew”

 

“I didn’t.  This TOP issue consumed my time”

 

“Maybe you should call Jonghyun instead of Seunghyun”

 

Yoona followed Yuri’s advice, took her phone and called Jonghyun. 

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi, is this Jonghyun?”

“No, he is resting. This is Jungshin, I will tell him you called.  Wait, who are you?”

 

“Haha, Jongshin ssi, you are so funny.  This is Yoona, Im Yoona from SNSD”

 

“Really? Yoona ssi?” As soon as Jonghyun heard Yoona’s name he tried to stand up and grab the phone from Jungshin’s hand. Yoona heard how Jonghyun and Junshing started to fight on the other side on the phone.

 

        Jonghyun: “Hey, give me the phone”

 

        Jungshin: “Hyung, how come you have her number and never told me?”

 

        Jonghyun: “Just give me the phone and I’ll tell you later”

 

        Jungshin: “No way, you are sick.  Besides, this is my opportunity to talk to her”

 

        Jonghyun: “If you don’t give me the phone, I swear you are dead”

 

        Jungshin: “Ok, but at least let me say good bye. No? ok”

 

“Yoona ssi, hi” Jonghyun said with a tired and unrecognizable voice.

 

“Jonghyun ssi? What happened to your voice?”

 

“Well, I am a bit sick.  It started with fever, and today in the morning I waesn’t able to stand up, so I went to the doctor and he said I only had a cold, but since my defenses are low it hit my immunologic system so now I have to be in absolute repose”

 

“Jonghyun ssi, you sound really manly talking about medicine”

 

“Stop, I’m blushing”

 

“Haha, more? I bet with the fever you must look like a tomato right now”

 

“Well, now I am laughing”

 

“That’s good.  My father always says the better way to overcome an illness is to stay positive.  Anyway, I’m sorry for not calling until now, I was…”

 

“Busy?”

 

“Kind of, but that’s not an excuse.  In fact, I am goona make it up for you”

 

“You don’t have to”

 

“But I insist.  Do you have someone to take care of you tomorrow? My schedule says that I need to read the script for the Award, learn some lines and also try some outfits, but my stylist says she is going to leave the dresses with me so I can try them at home and then tell her my decision, so, would you like to help me? I can take care of you and you can help me to learn my lines and pick my wardrobe”

 

“I would love to, but I have to stay in the doorm. Unless… would you like to come here? The guys will be out all day, maybe only Minhuyk will be here in the morning”

 

“What are you suggesting Jonghyun ssi?”

 

“Nothing, I just…”

 

“Jaja, you are really cute.  If you invite me to your dorm I can’t say no. See you tomorrow at 10:00 in the morning”

 

“Ok ok. I will be waiting for you”

 

 

 

December 2nd 2011

 

Yoona arrived exactly at ten at CNBLUE dorm.  She rang the bell and Minhyuk opened right away.  Yoona looked at him and smiled, both bowed to each other.

 

“Hello, I am Minhyuk, I play the drums in CNBLUE”

 

“Hello Minhyuk ssi, you don’t have to be so formal”

 

“Right.  Sorry, not all days someone like you steps in our door”

 

“Woo, thank you”

 

“Yoona ssi?” Jonghyun came out of his room, wrapped in a blue blanket, pale, with an irritate nose and dark circles under his eyes, yet he looked handsome.

 

“Oh, hi.  You look really sick.  You shouldn’t have come out” Yoona said.

 

“Hyung, here” Minhyunk said helping Junghyun to sit in the sofa.

 

“Well, let’s start.  Would you like to practice your lines first?” Jonghyun asked, looking at Yoona.

 

“Jonghyun ssi, I am really really sorry.  I didn’t know you were this bad.  Maybe I shouldn’t have come”

 

“No, please, this is good for me.  Otherwise I would be really lonely. I look terrible but I only feel bad” Yoona started to laugh and Minhyuk phone rang. 

 

“Noona, I have to go.  Plese take care of Hyung and feel comfortable” Mynhyuk leaved Yoona and Jonghyun alone. 

 

The first three hours they practiced like crazy.  Jonghyun found even more attractive the fact that Yoona was really dedicated.  When she was concentrated she didn’t even joked with him.  She was really serious and read the script, closed her eyes and memorized everything. She made it look simple.  At 1:00 pm they prepared something to eat.  Yoona cooked a soup for Jonghyun while he took his medication.  While they were eating Jonghyun started to talk Yoona about a song he was composing.

 

“I really envy you.  You and Yonghwa ssi have a lot of talent for composing.  I only feel confident in dancing and acting, but my singing ability needs to improve a lot”

 

“Well, it is easier for us because we don’t dance while singing.  I just at dancing”

 

“But it’s ok to at that because you are a singer after all.  I wish I could be on the singing line, I just don’t have the voice”

 

“Don’t say that.  I didn’t show you my composition to make you feel bad”

 

“Well, I think different from most people.  Knowing my weaknesses allow me to understand what I need to improve. Oh, talking about that, would you like to help me to pick my dress.  I know most guys don’t like this kind of stuff but if you could at least let me use the bathroom I will be very thankful”

 

“Sure, I’ll help you.  You can change in my room.  If you need something I will be here”

 

Yoona entered Jonghyun’s room.  The room was simple, with white walls. Instead of a room it looked like a mini recording studio.  The guitars were stacked on the corner.  When Yoona entered the bathroom she saw a lot of skin products.  Her first outfit was a yellow dress.  She tied her hair and went to the living room.  Jonghyun was looking at his cellphone, but when Yoona came out he focused on her.  He looked at her speechless, blinking a lot of times before looking at another direction.

 

“Well? What do you think?”

 

“You look beautiful”

 

“But it waesn’t a woow expression, so I’m going to try the next one” The second dress was a black mini-dress. Yoona never untied her hair.

 

“You still look beautiful” Jonghyun said, covering half of his face with the blanket.  The third time Yoona entered the bathroom she spent a lot of time trying to zip the blue dress she had on, but it was pointles, so she let her hair down.  She went out like that.

 

“I think this is my favorite” She said, looking at the dress.

 

“It looks big for you” Jonghyun replied, looking everywhere except at her.

 

“That’s because I couldn’t zip it properly. Can you help me?” Yoona walked towards Jonghyun and rest her hair on her right shoulder.  She sat next to him and looked straight.   Him, with shaking hands, took the zipper and closed it.  Then he took Yoona’s hair and placed it on her back. 

 

“Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only see you”Jonghyun whipered, looking at Yoona’s shoulders.  When she turned to face him, he came back to reality.   He held her gaze for five seconds.

 

“What?” She asked, but instead of answering, Jonghyun pressed his lips against hers.  He never knew where he took the courage from, but even with that small second of touching her lips, he smiled to himself with closed eyes. When he finally opened them, he saw a confused Yoona, looking at him in disbelief; then panic started to take over him.  He felt his blood on his cheek and when he was about to stand up Yoona took his wrist and sat him next to her.  Sha maintained eye contact while she placed her hands around his neck and kissed him back.  This time Jonghyun reacted slower, but once he understood Yoona had return his kiss he came closer to her and took her waist.  When they stopped, Yoona slided her left hand over Jonghyun chest and felt his necklace.  She saw it.  It was a silver moon.

 

“What is this?” She asked, still looking his necklace.

 

“My good luck amulet” He answered smiling, still holding Yoona, still looking at her, still amazed of her beauty, and now excited to imagine she felt the same way about him.  Yoona raised her eyes and looked at him.  Then she took his face between her hands, like if she was going to kiss him again, but instead…

 

“Jonghyun ssi, I won’t kiss you again, because you are sick” She said smiling.  Jonghyun started to laugh and hugged her tightly. Yoona was smiling when her cellphone began to ring. “Sorry, is my manager I have to take this” She said, releasing herself from Jonghyun’s arms.

 

“Yoona thank god you answered.  Listen; do you remember that application on your phone, the one that saves calls? I need you to look into it.  I think like a week ago I used your phone and your stylist told me about an important date but I can’t remember.  Do you think you can look search it and then send the date? Thank you” Yoona hang up and looked on the calls saved, when suddenly one caught her attention. She heard the conversation until the very end:

 

“To be honest, I was going to tell you this yesterday, but I waesn’t confident enough when I found out you were with Jonghyun.  This was the important news why you had to come to my party. I feel like something important has happened to me. I can’t explain it but I don’t think our meeting is a coincidence. Would you believe me if I say I have fallen in love with you? Yes, love.  Each morning I wake up with a smile on my face, knowing the day can be ten times better if I can get to even listen to your voice. I knew it, I knew it the moment I opened the car’s door and saw you playing with your cellphone. Never before I believed in destiny or things like that, but now I do. Do you have anything to say?...Miss Yoona, are you there?”

 

Yoona recognized T.O.P.’ voice and connected the dots. That was the reason he had disappeared, probably thinking she had rejected him.  Everything had sense now, but at the same time nothing had sense.  Yoona continued holding the phone until Jonghyun called her.  She turned around and saw him, smiling.  Suddenly tears started to fall down her face.  She had kissed Jonghyun, but she was thinking in another man.  She was thinking in Choi Seunghyun.