Lies

Something only we know.

 

Present Day

 

I look at Seunghyun just when Bom walks into the waiting room.  She is carrying coffee.  Hyung sees her and gets up immediately.

 

“You are here”  He says hugging Park Bom really hard.

 

“I would never let you alone.  Here, I brought coffee for everyone. You need to stay awake for when Yoona wakes up and asks to see you”  Bom says while hugging Seunghyun back.  I look at them and wonder why I never was able to solve my problems with ChoA.  I think that maybe Bom loves Seunghyun more than ChoA says to love me, that maybe there is something about my hyung that I cannot explain that made Yoona love him unconditionally in a short period of time, but I know the answer is infront of my eyes.  Yoona loved him from the beginning.

 

October 24th 2012

 

Yoona slowly blinked as a ray of sun touched her face.  She raised her arms to stretch out with the palm of her hands in a fist.

 

“Ouch”  TOP yelled as Yoona did her morning routine.  She then remembered she hadn’t slep alone, so Yoona quickly turned around to see Seunghyun covering his right eye.

 

 “Good morning Tabi Oppa”  Yoona said ashamed while handling Seunghyun's eye with her own hand.

 

“How did you sleep?”  TOP asked her pretending to be winking her eye at her.

 

“I actually slept pretty good.   It’s the first time in four months that I don’t wake up at night”

 

“Good, because I couldn’t sleep at all .  You kicked me, punched me and left me withouth blanket the whole night.  I was freezing Miss Yoona.  I got up and had a nap in the couch until you stood quiet, then I came back and tried to hug you but you did a stretch and hit my eye”  TOP complained pointing at his hurt eye.

 

“Oh no.  I am so sorry I forgot to tell you its been years since I shared a bed with someone.  I will… I don’t know… make it up to you?”  As soon as Yoona proposed the idea Seunghyun smiled and forgot his pain.

 

“Ok then, you have to stay here another twenty minutes with me, and maybe start to get used to share the bed with me”  He said nodding.

 

“Ugh!  You can be so nasty sometimes”  Yoona replied with a disgusting face.

 

“Haha, ok ok, maybe not, just the 20 minutes”  TOP then wraped Yoona with his arms.  They were really close.  Yoona looked at his eyes and wondered how she had the courage to stay with him last night.  He was perfect in her eyes.  Seunghyun was handsome, y, funny and trustworthy.  More important: he understood her. Yoona was lost in her toughts when Seunghyun asked her “Yesterday you said you needed to return Jonghyun his necklace.  How come do you have it?”

 

“I didn’t tell you before but I sent him a letter when I came back from Tokio.  I told him I wanted to end up our relationship. I basically ask him not to look for me anymore so I guess the only way he found to communicate with me was to return the letter, actually an envelope that had his necklace inside.  He once told me it meant something important for him” Seunghyun looked away and remained silence.

 

“Then I guess you should return it in person”  Seunghyun finally said.

 

“What?” Yoona asked shoked.

 

“Listen, I’ve been waiting for you to change your mind since last Christmas.  I waited a complete year for you and now that I have my chance I am not going to waste it.  I love you so much Yoona, I don’t care if I never get to sleep with you because of your bad sleeping habits”  Yoona laughed “but I do care that you stay only with me and that necklace represents something that stills holds you to Jonghyun.  Go and give it back to him but also try to talk to him, this might be your last chance”  Yoona once again looked at Seunghyun, he became even more handsome than before.

 

November 2012

 

Since they came back from Japan, Yoona and Seunghyun were always togheter.  They went out everyday.  Even if they schedules didn’t allowed them, Seunghyun always managed to see Yoona at least fifteen minutes a day.  One specific day Yoona was rehersing for SNSD’s comeback next year when TOP called to tell her to go out.  He was outside the building waiting for her.  In their break Yoona ran out the building to see him.  She was now used to his car.  The smell of mint and chocolate combined with TOP’s perfume was pleasant for her.  TOP on the other hand loved to see her running torwards his car.  He always tried to take a little gift with him: chocolates, coffee, snacks or flowers, but he never arrived empty.  He loved Yoona’s expression every time she found something underneath the copilot’s seat. 

 

“Tabi, I already told you you don’t have to come everyday”  Yoona said gasping while getting inside the car.  Seunghyun was wearing sunglasses.  His hair was now white again.

 

“And I already told you Miss Yoona that I can’t control it”  Seunghyun then unfasten his seatbelt and got closer to Yoona.  Every time he kissed her he did it passionately.  He would grab Yoona’s waist and pulled him against her.  Yoona enjoyed it every time.  She usually held Seunghyun’s head between her hands and slowly slide her left hand to reach his hair to kiss him back.  Sometimes she would play the role of a mysterious woman and leave the car unexpectedly also leaving TOP alone and unsatisfied, but he loved it.  He was complete and inevitably in love with her.

 

“Stop, I have to go back”  Yoona said pulling Seunghyun away when he stoped kissing her to look for air.

 

“Wait, before you go… Tomorrow is my birthday and I was thinking, maybe I could spend it with you”  TOP asked her, giving Yoona a white lily as a gift. She took the flower and smiled,then Yoona looked at him.

 

“I can’t.  I tried but it is impossible for me, my schedule…”

 

“But it is my birthday”

 

“But I can’t.  You understand right?”  TOP was furious, but not with Yoona.  He never complained about beign an idol until she met her.  That’s when he started to wish to be a regular person, more than that, he wished for Yoona to be a regular person too, so they could go out to have a normal date, to spend the normal time a couple spend, but he couldn’t be a normal person anymore, so he just noded.

 

The next day, as usually a party was organized for Seunghyun.  He was upset, not in the mood for a party.  Neither Yoona nor Yoonchun could make it to the celebration.  Seunghyun hide in one of the bedrooms of the mansion where the party was thrown, he went into the bathroom until he heard someone talking outside.  It was Park Bom.  TOP was surprised because since his accident, after he found out how Bom treated Yoona he talked less to her, to the point where he sould just greet her politely as acquintances and not as close friends anymore.  He was sure Bom was not going to the party until he heard her voice.  The other voice was even more surprising to hear.  It was Yoona’s.

 

“Thank you for accepting talking to me.  I will be short I promise” TOP heard Bom saying.

 

“Not at all.  I am actually planning to stay the whole night”  Yoona said “I made last minute arrangements to my schedule  and I’ll have to work the whole day tomorrow, but as long as he is happy, its fine” 

 

“That is exactly what I want to talk to you.  I want to thank you Yoona”  Seunghyun was shocked. “I know I was really rude last time we saw each other, but now, I am just thankful.  I accept I was the one who judge you wrong.  You loved him from the beginning but I didn’t let you be with him because I tought you were going to make him suffer, when the truth is you make him happy.  Seunghyun is a very lonely person.  He is funny and has lots of friends but somehow he tends to get depressed easily.  Since he is with you, he is always smiling.  I’ve seen him happiest than ever and that’s because of you, so I apologize because you should have stayed with him since the beginning” 

 

“Is that true?”  TOP asked cofused, going out of the bathroom. He kept looking at Bom, she only nodned.  “So, all this time I was loved back”  This time Yoona nodned.

 

“I should apologize to you too mi little Allien.  I didn’t let you be happy, but now, from the bottom of my heart I wish you happiness.  The world is just as it should be, for my best friend is with the best woman”   Bom said while looking at Yoona who got closer and hugged her.  “It’s ok, now I’ll leave you two”  Bom turned around to see TOP one more time, he smiled at her to let her know everything was fine, and they will remain always as friends. When Bom was out Seunghyun ran torwards Yoona and hugged her.

 

“You lied”  Seunghyun whispered to Yoona.

 

“What?”

 

“Like my song:  I'm so sorry but I love you, I just can't lie. I was so wrong, I can't live without you.  You lied because you loved me back, you always did”

 

“I didn’t lie, I just hid part of the information”  Seunghyun laughed.

 

“What am I gonna do with you?”  He said messing up Yoona’s hair. She smiled. “You can tell me now that you love me”

 

“First, we need to be on the moon”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because no one will know us there.  If we could live in the moon, then we could go out and walk holding hands and kissing each other in the middle of the street.  We could hang around withouth worries.  So before I say those words we need to go to the moon”  Seunghyun released Yoona had the same thoughts that him. He took out his phone.  Once outside he played a song.

 

“I think this would be enough for today”  Yoona was curious.  A song named ‘Dancing in the moonlight’ started.  Yoona covered her head when Seunghyun invited her for a dance. “Would you dance with me Miss Yoona?”

 

“Sure” Se replied ashamely. 

 

“We like our fun and we never fight

you cant dance and stay uptight

it's a supernatural delight

everybody was dancing in the moonlight

 

dancing in the moonlight

everybody's feeling warm and bright

it's such a fine and natural sight

everybody's dancing in the moonlight”

 

“I love you Choi Seung Hyun.  I hate you but I love you.  I can’t take how beautiful you are.  You shine so much but for some reason i can’t take my eyes apart.  I hate how you make me feel so stupid, but I love you for no particular reason. Everything about you is fascinating. Is that ok?  ”  Yoona suddenly said, while they were dancing.

 

That night Yoona promised to  go back to the party after returning the necklace to his owner.  She traveled to FNC music’s building.  When she arrived everything was dark.  Yoona was about to leave when she realized the Little room window in the corner had light.  She took the necklace and went inside.  Jonghyun was there.  He had lost a lot of weight and was more pale.  He looked like he hadn’t sleep in a long time, but he kept playing his guitar.  Yoona felt it was a mirror of herself three weeks ago, before she started dating Seunghyun.

 

“Hello?”  Yoona´s voice echoed the pace.  Jonghyun turned around surprised.  He looked at her whithouth saying anything.  His eyes went form her face all the way to her feet.

“i came to give something to you Jonghyun.  I’m glad you are here.  Seohyun told me you are going to to be promoting next year at the same time as us so i felt you were going to need your good luck ammulet”  Jonghyun didn’t say a Word. “Ok so, I interfered in your practice.  I am sorry.  I just wanted to end things face to face.  I need to tell you this. I am…”

 

“I need you to come with me”  Jonghyun interrumpted Yoona.  “It is important for me and it is the last thing i will ask you”  Yoona deny with her head.  “Then at least please listen to this”  Jonghyun took out his phone and called ChoA.

 

“I thought you didn’t want to be my friend anymore”  Was the first thing ChoA said when she answered the call.  Jonghyun the speaker.

 

“I already told you my condition for us to be friends again”

 

“And I already told you I won’t talk to Yoona ssi.  I know you think i am the bad one but I need you to understand that I love you.  I know I shouldn’t have kissed you that night, specially because you thought I was Yoona, but if she is not willing to listen to an explanation then she is not worthy”  Yoona was shoked. She took the phone out of Jonghyun’s hand.

 

“Then give me the explanation.  ChoA you lied.  You told me a completely diferent thing when I saw you”  ChoA was petrified so she just hang up the phone.  Yoona looked at Jonghyun and gave him his phone and his necklace.  “I will hear the explanation from you which is the thing i should have done since the beggining”

 

“I am sorry…”

 

“No, I am sorry.  I’m really sorry Jonghyun.  Look at you, are you even eating properly?  I can’t believe I was so unfair to you.  Tabi Oppa was right…”  Suddenly Yoona remembered someone was waiting for her.  She remembered she had promissed Seunghyun to come back.  Suddenly Yoona realized she was in the same position as the year before.  She had to chose between the love of her life and her soulmate, and no matter who she chosed, someone was going to suffer. 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello everyone.  I hope you continue reading my story and more important that you like it.  I quote Julia Roberts on My best friend's wedding.  I guess you know in which part of the story.  I am planning to update soon, so keep reading. I will also be alert for any suggestion you may have.  :)