Forever

Something only we know.

 

Present Day

 

I came back to the hospital .  While I am on my way to the room where Yoona is, I see Sehun grabing candies from the machine.  When he turns around and sees me he acts surprised.  He runs to me.

 

“Hey, are you by chance coming with Yoona’s sister?”  He asks taking out his phone.  I find this boy disrespectful.

 

“No, I came here alone” I say angry.  He puts his phone down again.

 

“Good.  I helped TOP sunbaenim to see Yoona.  Nobody except for SNSD sunbaenims and me knows he is inside.  Well, now you know it too, so please help us.  I think this is what Yoona would wanted”  Suddenly I don’t find this kid so anoying, so I just nod and continue walking torwards the room where Yoona is sleeping.

 

December 2012

 

When Seunghyun opened his eyes Yoona was there, talking to GD.  He blinked a lot of times before getting used to the sun.  He didn’t say anything.  TOP only took some pills from the bottle on the chest of drawers and slowly drank water.  Yoona saw him and ran to his bed.

 

“Good morning.  You did sleep a lot.  Today the weather is not that bad so I was thinking….”

 

“Please take down the curtains.  I just want to sleep”  Seunghyun interrumpted Yoona.  She looked at him and nodded,  then she went out of the room and breathe deeply.  Jiyoung saw her and hugged her.

 

“He is usually like this, but at least he is talking to you.  What he is feeling, nobody knows and I’m not even sure we can imagine”  Jiyoung said.  That day Seunghyun never got out of his room.  He slept all day.  Yoona stayed in the sofa next to TOP’s bed, even after Seungri told her to sleep properly in the guest room Yoona refused.  She wanted to be there for when Seunghyun woke up.  He did it the next day, at six in the morning.  Yoona had prepared breakfast for him, so when he was about to take pills to sleep again Yoona grabed his hand.

 

“If you want to sleep its fine, but at least eat something.  I made soup”  Seunghyun didn’t reply.  He took the spoon and ate half of his food.  Then he quietly took his pills and went back to sleep.  Seunghyun woke up again in the afternoon, he heard Yoona talking on the phone.

 

“I know, but I already ask Sooyoung to send me a tape with the new choregraphy so don’t worry.  I will be ready for the next comeback”  … “I know Oppa, but please, I can’t go now, please understand, I had never failed before with schedules, it’s going to be just this time, it is an emergency” … “Yeah, i will try, don’t worry”  TOP closed his eyes and felt even worse.  He had to make Yoona go back to her activities.

 

On the third day Seunghyun woke up until eleven in the morning.  He only streched his arm to take the bottle of pills but he didn’t find it. 

 

“Today I won’t let you.  Sorry”  Yoona said, looking at her cellphone while holding the article Seunghyun was looking for. 

 

“I don’t need those to sleep”  Seunghyun said indifferent. Yoona looked at him and felt sad.  She got up and walked torwards TOP’s bed.  She kneeled down and saw directly at his face.  Then she tried to caress his hair with her hand, but Seunghyun moved his head away.

 

“I tried but your company thinks the best is to take you to the hospital.  The doctor is coming tomorrow”  Yoona said looking at Seunghyun.  He noded and wrapped himself in the bed sheets.

 

“Could you please take down the curtains?  I want to sleep”  Top asked Yoona.  She walked to the Windows and turned to see him once more, then Yoona closed the curtains.

 

The next day when TOP woke up Yoona was not there anymore.  Instead an old man dressed in a White coat was taking his vital signs. 

 

“Good morning Young man. Your promissed me you would never feel like this again. I will ask you two favors.  One is for you to change because we are going to the hospital, and the next will be to give me a list of the medication you are taking.  Alright?  Now get up, we don’t have much time” The man was Seunghyn’s doctor.  He heleped him the last time he had a relapse.

 

While Seunghyun was getting ready, in another part of the city Yoona was having breakfast.  She was actually thinking, she hadn’t touch her food.  The only reason why she was not with Seunghyun was because the doctors told her to wait.  He was seriously ill this time, so she had to wait until the doctor call her and give her permission to visit him. That day she had a lot of work, but it was imposible to concentrate.  She missed those days where Seunghyun traveled almost for an hour just to see her at least fifteen minutes.  Yoona realized she never told him how much it meant for her those Little details. That day Yoona had agreed to have lunch with Jonghyun.  Both were doing a shoot for a music program.  He already knew about TOP’s situation.  Yoona told him on the phone.  Yoona was really sad, yet, she was trying to look positive and bright, just like the Im Yoona he always knew.

 

“Come on.  If you want to cry or scream you can do it.  It’s me Jonghyun, your other half.  You can trust me” Yoona was surprised. She looked at Jonghyun and nodded.  Jonghyun opened his arms waiting for Yoona to hug him.  Yoona smiled and opened her arms too, then they hugged each other.  The meaning of that hug was completely different for each one.  For Yoona it was the kind of love she needed at that time.  The love of a friend, but for Jonghyun; he just couldn’t stop his heart beating fast.  It had been a long time since he gave Yoona a hug, although inside he knew it was different.

 

“I’m sad, and angry.  I really want to see him, but he does not want to heal.  Jiyoung and Daesung Oppa promissed to call me once he felt better and the doctor allowed me to see him… but nobody is calling”  Yoona’s voice was serene.  Although Jonghyun could feel the presure for not beign able to help, Yoona was still calm.

 

“I don’t want to tempt you, but i have a friend that works at the hospital.  He owns me a favor…”  Yoona broke the hug and looked at Jonghyun with wide eyes.

 

“Are you for real?  Can you really help me?”  This time Yoona’s voice was loud.

 

“I can try.  I mean he is an intern and he is risking too much but I talked him about you, me and Seunghyun and he thinks maybe he needs to see you.  I do think so too.  The only problem is that you need to go today because this is the only night he is watching over TOP hyung.  Do you have someone to take you there?  I would do it but after this show we need to go to the radio”  Jonghyun was happy to see Yoona in a better mood, but also sad because slowly, he could see Yoona would never be with him again. 

 

“None of the girls can take me but… Oh, I know, my Little brother will do it, I’m sure.  Please Jonghyun, call your friend.  I own you one, thanks.  I love you”  Yoona said smiling at the same moment one member from the staff asked them to go back to start shooting again.  Since both groups were doing a comeback SNSD at the end of the program one group was going to be the winner of the night.  SNSD won with ‘I got a boy’ but as the music started to play in Music Bank Yoona got closer to Yonghyun.

 

“Don’t forget to call”  Yoona whipered smiling.

 

“Don’t forget you own me one”  Jonghyun replied trying to be funny.  Yoona looked at him and hit him.  Not Yoona or Jonghyun would know that one month before that video  was going to be seen as a proof or their relationship.

 

As soon as the show was over, a car was already waiting for Yoona.  This time she didn’t tell anyone where she was going, she only told her members she was having a coffee with her Little brother.  Yoona ran to the exit and saw the car.  She went directly to the driver’s seat.

 

“Off, now.  You just learn how to drive so i won’t trust my life to you”  Yoona warned her Little brother.

 

“Aish, you really have manners.  Is this how you treat a person who is doing a favor for you?” Sehun from EXO said anoyed. “Well, no matter what you do, you are still my ideal woman noona”  He teased Yoona.  She forced him to get out to drive herlself.  On their way to the hospital Yoona told everything to Sehun.  She made him swear not to tell anyone.  He did it.  He really loved Yoona.  She was like her older sister.  From the moment they met each other Sehun didn’t trust anyone but her, and Yoona corresponded his feelings.  They became close in a short period of time. 

 

When they arrived, Yoona asked Sehun to wait outside.  She went into the hospital following Jonghyun’s instructions.

 

“Oh, Yoonassi, you are really beautiful in person.  Jonghyun, that brat, didn’t warned me”  Was the first thing Jonghyun’s friend told her.  Yoona bowed and smiled awkwardly.  “Right.  Listen, you have 10 minutes.  He has received his medication to sleep, but it always takes another 30 minutes before he actually goes to sleep”

 

“Got it.  Thank you very much”

 

“Don’t worry.  I just want you to know i am doing this because i feel this is helpful, not only because it is a favor or you are Im Yoona.  So please, once you get inside, try to help Jonghyun ssi”  Yoona shaked the intern’s hand and looked through he mirror of the door. Seunghyun was seated on the floor, looking at the curtains.  He was pail and had dark circles under his eyes.  His hands were shaking and his lips were white. Overall he was sedated.   Yoona opened the door but Seunghyun didn’t respond.

 

“Hello.  You look handsome”  Yoona was not lying.  For her, TOP was the most handsome man on earth. “I brought you a book”  Yoona said. Taking out a book called ‘The perks of beign a wallflower’.  She put it inside Seunghyun’s hand but he was not able to hold it. He kept looing at her whithout saying anything. “Listen Choi Seunghyun, this is temporal.  I know you have fought this battle before and won.  You can do it again. I am cheering on you”  Yoona said, this time holding his hand.  Seunghyun opened his mouth, but no sound came out.  He breath deeply and finally talk, really low but loud enough for Yoona to hear.

 

“ I didn’t….w…want you…I didn’t want you to see me like this.  I am not funny, or good looking right now”  TOP then raised his shaking hand and try to fix his hair.

 

“You are really y”  Yoona said, trying to hold his tears.

 

“I am really pitiful.  I want to hug you, but i smell like medicine.  Maybe tomorrow i won’t remember this”  Seunghyun said, letting a tear scape.  Yoona took his face in her hands and wipe it.

 

“Don’t worry about tomorrow.  We have today… forever”  Yoona said, uncapable to hold her cry.  Seunghyun winked a lot of times before giving her a kiss on the lips.  Yoona hugged him and and then helped TOP to stand up and go to bed. She laid down next to him. Seunghyun used Yoona’s arm as a pillow as he wrapped his arms around her wait.  Yoona could feel the constant shaking of his hands all over her back.

 

“Can you sing something?”  Seunghyun asked Yoona.

 

“Sure. 

I want to dream forever with you

Following the happy breeze, beneath that bright sky that blinds me

Beautiful melodies and fresh air fills this road that I'm walking with you

Do you remember? Those awkward and unfamiliar times when we firsth met

I'm thankful to you for silently taking care of me when I was hesitant and young

My exhausted heart beats once again

My weak heart has found light again

I want to hold your hand and walk like this forever

Together with the person I love in a world just for the two of us

Those unforgettable memories during that long time

Throughout the laughter and the tears, the one who always believed in me was you”

 

“Don’t cry Miss Yoona” Seunghyun babbled before gettig sleep.  Yoona hugged him really hard and got up.  She watched at him for as long as she dare and wiped her tears before walking out.