More Than Yesterday

Something only we know.

Hello Tabi. How have you been? I don’t know why I bother to ask you when I know I will have no reply. I keep writing letters but receiving absolutely nothing. I am starting to get mad. I want to talk to you so much. I want to see you so much. I want to hear your voice so much… I heard you are having free time because of your birthday. Can I come and see you? I wrote a song that will be released that day. I just want you to know that song was written for you. You were the inspiration behind those lyrics. No matter whar I just want to say I love you, you always bring the best side of me, even as a composer. My members were surprised about the song. They think it is really beautiful. Anyways, even if you don’t answer this letter, I hope at least you know. 

 

 

Yoona sent the letter right after she wrote it. Five months had happened since the last time she had the opportunity to talk to Seunghyun. Afther that she made sure to send him at least two letters per month. First those letters had two or three pages written about what she was doing, but after the first two months Yoona felt stupid and started to write less and less, until she wrote only her thoughts. She didn’t know if Seunghyun read her letters but she made sure every letter was filled with love.

 

The first three monnths were especially hard. Yoona wondered how Seunghyun could be so normal when she felt like dying withouth knowing anything about him. She even had the idea that he never loved her that much and that the whole dating scandal was his perfect excuse to scape from their relationship, but soon she shook her head and scolded herself for thinking that way. So he started to live in her memories. When she remembered Seunghyun told her he would like for Yoona to cook for his birthday a cake she immediately enlisted into a baking course. And though sometimes she couldn’t make it due to her schedule she still forced herself to learn. The only problem was that living up to those expectations was tired, and most of his fans started to worry about her unhealthy look.

 

Her relationship with Seungi, on the other hand was unbelievable loved by the media. Most of her fans were thrilled with the idea she was dating such a perfect guy, and seeing how her popularity grew the company decided to maintain that fake relationship for longer. Yoona was now desperate. Every little thing she did had a meaning now. For example, when her fans saw her buying a black watch, the press immediately suggested it was intended to celebrate her five months relationship with her boyfriend, since Seungi was obsessed with watches at the time. Those were lies. The watch was for Seunghyun’s birthday, but Yoona knew she couldn’t used it anymore cause Seunghyun would know about the news and he was going to despise the gift, so she finally gave the watch to Seungi, and the press commented on what a beautiful couple they were.  Still Yoona tried not to lose faith. When she talked to Seungi about the discussion she had had with Seunghyun Seungi assured her he was going to talk with him but due to his agenda he hadn’t the time to go. Jonghyun did went to see his friend, but when he came back he told Yoona Seunghyun pretended not to know her and refused to talk about her. Yoona felt devastated. That’s when she first started to write “The moon song”. Jonghyun saw the lyrics and encouraged Yoona to keep writing. He helped her with the music. Yoona learn to play the guitar (another thing she did for Seunghyun) and started to play the song nonstop, so when SM told her they were thingking about launching solo songs for each SNSD member Yoona showed her song. Everyone was impressed on how good the song was so the company let her sing her own song. They announced she was going to be the third member in relasing the solo, and the date was exactly on Seunghyun’s birthday. Yoona was more than thrilled and excited, until she wrote him a letter and received no response. That was when Yoona felt sure Seunghyun waesn’t reading her letters. He waesn’t thinking about him and he waesn’t interested anymore. Then doubts began to grow again. What if her sister was right? What if she loved Seunghyun more that he did? Was he was already over her when she was still madly in love with him? Yoona thought about it and began to cry. She was in her room.  She let the tears fell down her face. Her phone suddenly rang.

 

“Hello?” She answered.

 

“Can you sing a bit of that song you talked about in the letter?” Yoona recognized the voice but still looked at the number. He was probably talking from the phone of the military service.  She wanted to answer but her voice cracked. “Are you there?”

 

“I'm lying on the moon

My dear, I'll be there soon

It's a quiet starry place

Time's we're swallowed up

In space, we're here a million miles away”

 

“Sounds really good. I’m ging to listen the song when if first comes out. I just wanted to thank you, you know for dedicating the song to someone like me”

 

“I…I want to see you. I want to sing this song for you, with only the two of us”

 

“I want to see you too. No, I need to see you. I’m just not sure you are going to have time with all the things you have to do on my birthday…”

 

“Don’t worry about it. Even If it’s just two hours or twenty minutes we are going to see each other”

 

“Then I’ll be at the house at 5 pm. Take your time, I’m not going to leave that place until I talk to you”

 

Yoona woke up from her bead went to the kitchen and started to make the cake. Even though she hadn’t had enough sleep, the next day Yoona was concentrated in the activity she had in front. She didn’t tell anyone what happened. For the first time since she started his relationship with Seunghyun she decided to leave every detail for just the two. She went to the radio station to promote the song. Then she made a couple of interviews. Most of the questions linked with her boyfriend. Yoona answered them vague, not showing any expression at all, she knew this would cause her problems at the end, but it was tired of lying not only to the reporters but also to her fans and most important to herself.

 

When she finally finished with her day she drove by herself to the house she hand’t visit for more than five months. It was 7:30 pm when se arrived. She parked her car and stood there for 5 minutes, looking every single detail. The lights in the living room were on. She wondered if this was going to be the final chapter between them or a new beginning. Slowly Yoona tried to walk to the entrance but as soon as she saw his shadow she started to run. Before she could ring the bell Seunghyun had already opened the door. They kept looking at each other until it began to rain so heavy Yoona felt her back getting wet. Then Seunghyun stepped aside to let Yoona in.

 

“It feels weird” she began when suddenly Seunghyun was already giving her a back hug. Yoone let him hug her as she took his hands in hers. They didn’t speak for minutes, until Yoona began by saying… “This feeling just won’t go away. I know you are weird and a bit childish. I recently learned that you are super jealous and that you can lose your faith in me easily but I still feel the same. I love you, even more than yerterday” Seunghyun laughed at Yoona statement so he turned her around and looked at her eyes.

 

“I know. I know you are get excited easily, I know you are a workaholic, I know you and I are rather different but I love you, even more than yesterday” He said smiling. Yoona punched him.

 

“Then why? Why would you ignore me like that? You never answered my letters, you never let mi visit you and when someone tried to talk to you about me you pretended you didn’t even knew me. Did you know how hurt I was?”

 

“When you came to visit me and told me about you and Seungi I thought it was the best to let you be free. Maybe you could fall for someone else, and it was just hard to keep pretending that I was worthy enough for you to keep waiting for me. So when the kiss happened I stupidly thought all of my theories were true, that’s why I let you go. But then you kept sending those letters. You even wrote a song for me! Listen it took me two days to forgive you for kissing Seungi, but if I kept you by my side then I would have never forgive myself” Yoona looked at Seunghyun with all the rage she could.

 

“I really don’t know if you are the best or the worst”

 

“I tried to help you. Listen a girl like you shouldn’t be with a man like me. I have a terrible reputation. I am a weirdo, I have depression, I’m not really a happy person and for some reason Seungi happens to be a ing perfect man so…”

 

“So?” Yoona interrupted “ You have no right to tell me who I should be with. You can mess my life too. You can come any day and tell me you are not feeling good and ask me to stay by your side, you can look at me and make me feel stupidly in love but the one thing you cannot do is to tell me who should I love. No one can do that. Not even you. Or how would you feel if I told you you and I can’t be together because I think you deserve better?”

 

“Sad, I would feel really sad because there is no better than you, so I would probably just stay single” Yoona smiled and hughed Seunghyun. She rested her head in Seunghyun’s chest while closing her eyes. Seunghyun started to her head. “I gave you the opportunity” Yoona noded.

 

“Seunghyun, do you have this feeling too?” Seunghyun looked at her with curiosity. “My heart is beating fast” Yoona said smiling. “It’s been a while since a felt shivering like now. I must really really like you” Seunghyun laughed. Then, he kissed her forehead. Yoona smiled. “Hey, don’t laugh” Seunghyun laughed even harder. Yoona threw him on the couch. “Ok, now you are death man” Yoona went on top of him and started to kiss his cheeks, his forehead, his neck and everything. Seunghyun was laughing uncontrollably. Yoona took a pillow and put it over his head.

 

“Will you marry me?” Yoona immediately stop smiling and put the pillow aside.

 

“What?” She asked him.

 

“I have that feeling too, and it won’t go away, just the opposite. It keeps growing. So, I promise everyday I will love you more tan yesterday” Seunghyun took a ring out of his pocket, stood up and kneel. So what do you say Im Yoona? Will you marry me?”

 

Authors note: The song that I used in the begginig is Moon Song by Karen O from Her soundtrack, that being said. this is the 29th chapter, meaning there's only one more chapter to go. I hope you like it.