Someone New

Something only we know.

 “What do you like the most beach or mountains?” Yoona asked.  She was cooking and Seunghyun had his arms wraped around her resting his head on her shoulder. He was tired and amazed at how Yoona kept the same energy after traveling.  When they arrived after their ‘three day vacation’ Seunghyun wanted to go direct to bed and sleep, but Yoona begged him have dinner togheter, before he had to go to work.

 

“Mmm… beach.  I hate exercicing and cold.  You?” He asked in the same position but looking at her.

 

“I prefer mountains”  Yoona simply said, she was having a hard time trying to move around Seunghyun’s kitchen. “So what about food.  Salty or sweet?” Yoona insisted

 

“Salty, one hundred percent” Seunghyun nodded.

 

“Hahaha, we are so out of sinc” Yoona replied. Seunghyun finally stoped hugging her.

 

“Really sweet? Im Yoona you are going to die if you only eat sweet things” Yoona turned around to face his boyfriend.  She was still doing the mix in a bowl.

 

“It’s the same if you eat salty.  Your organs will explode and then you will regret you never tasted sweet”

 

“Whatever, I am not changing.  Salty one hundred percent!”

 

“This should make a good memory.  I will tell my children about the man who always wanted to fight with me” Yoona turned around again.

 

“Tell them that man adored you even with your weird personality”  Seunghyu gave her a back hug again.

 

“Please continue.  I like to hear how pretty I am”  Yoona smiled.

 

“Well, you are.  You are the prettiest girl I have ever seen.  My eyes adore you.  I mean it.  Even when you debuted I asked Yoonchun your name.  You were…no you still are the prettiest. That’s why my eyes adore you”  Yoona bit her lips satisfied.

 

“My ears adore you”  Yoona said, but she gained a laugh from TOP.

 

“That’s not really romantic”  He commented.

 

“Really?  I wouldn’t tolerate all the chessy things you say if it weren’t for your voice.  You might not notice but your voice is really y and…it tranquilizes me.  I love the sound of your manly voice talking to my ear.  I feel shivers everytime”  Seunghyun was about to kiss her but her phone started to ring.  “Excuse me”  She said as she walked to the living room.  Seunghyun saw her leaving.  Making sure no one was there he asted Yoona’s food.   TOP spat everything.  He gulped a lot of water too.  He turned around once again to see if Yoona was around and once he made sure she waesn’t he arranged the food.  He knew the basics for cooking but he was sure it was going to taste a lot better than whatever Yoona was trying to cook. Exactly when he added some oinion Yoona appeard on the door. She looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“What?”  Seunghyun asked kind of scared.

 

“I’m going with you”  Yoona said a bit too low for Seunghyun to hear her.

 

“What?”

 

“I was chosen to be the female lead of the movie you are the male lead.  In other words we are working togheter so I am going to the meeting with you”  Yoona was still holding her phone. Seunghyun began to smile.

 

“Yeah, right”  Seunghyun gave Yoona his ‘I don’t believe you’ smile.  

 

“Apparently Kim Sa Rang has a problem and she declined so my manager phone me to tell me the producer wants me”  Yoona tried to convince him.

 

“You are not lying”

 

“Nop”

 

“Yei!”  Seunghyun started to run around the kitchen.  Yoona laughed. “Let’s hurry then, we don’t want to be late to our first reading Miss Yoona”  Seunghyun winked at her. 

 

“Give me the plates”  Seunghyun grabed two plates and gave them to Yoona.  She served the food.  “Oh, Tabi Oppa.  Thank you for fixing the food.  It tasted horrible but what can I do?  I love cooking but it’s not my thing.  I’ll try harder next time”  Seunghyun laughed and both sat on the table.  When they finished Seunghyun took Yoona to a coffee house her manager was going to pick her up there.  He drove to the building to meet with the cast of the movie.  When he arrived he followed the instructions of the crew and entered by the back door.  He went into the elevator that was about to close when someone yelled:

 

“Stop it please”  Seunghyun threw off his arm and it got stucked in the middle of the elevator’s doors.

 

“Auch!” He complained.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry”  HyunA said as she jumped into the elevator to take a spot next to TOP.  “Oh, Big Bang’s TOP?”  HyunA asked as she bowed to the man next to her.  Seunghyun continued caresing his injured hand but smiled a bit and bowed back. “I am 4minute’s HyunA, nice to meet you.  You probably don’t remember but we have met before.  I think it was in Music Core?  Anyways I hope now we are working togheter we can become friends” She extended her hand.  Seunghyun didn’t say anything.  He was shy.  He squeezed her hand only but HyunA felt her body paralyze.  At that moment the elevator’s door opened again.  A man appeared with a great smile on his face. 

 

“Oh, good night.  My name is Lee Seungi, nice to meet you”  The older of the three people greeted.

 

“Seungi ssi, you are also on the movie?” HyunA asked.

 

“Oh, yes.  I had my doubts but at the end the producer convinced me.  How about you two?”

 

“Well I was casted since the beginning, after finding out Big Bang’s TOP was going to appear”  HyunA got red but Seunghyun didn’t even noticed.

 

“I read the script and made my audition.  End of the story”  Seunghyun coldly said.  He felt really uncomfortable, he just wanted to get out of there and see Yoona again. The elevator opened again and they walked to the main office where the first reading was going to take place. Yoona was already there.  She had a coffee in her hands and was blowing the hot liquid.  Seunghyun immediately smiled and looked at the floor.

 

“Beautiful isn’t she?”  Seungi asked Seunghyun.  He was also looking at Yoona smiling but he didn’t felt ashamed like Seunghyun, he walked straight to her. “Yoona ssi, hi”  Seungi greeted her.  Yoona got up right away and bowed.

 

“Sunbae, it’s been a while.  How have you been?”  Yoona seemed like she knew him for a long time. She was smiling and, in Seunghyun’s eyes, flirting with him.

 

“They look really good togheter.  I heard Lee Seungi has been in love with Yoona ssi since her debut”  HyunA let out.  Seunghyun closed his fist and his smile turned into a despicable gaze.  “Should we go and say hi to them?”  But Seunghyun didn’t even listened what her co-star was saying he was already walking in their direction.

 

“Yoona”  Seunghyun said, angry. Yoona looked at him for a moment but ignore him.  TOP was about to start a fight when the producer came in. He only took a sit next to Yona and HyunA sat next to him.

 

“Good afternoon.  Thank you for coming.  I want to specially thanks the idols who are taking part of the project and among them Im Yoona and Lee Seungi who joined at the very last moment and saved us”  As the producer was talking Yoona took Seunghyun’s hand below the table, that didn’t help to ease his anger but it did help to remind him in front of everyone they were not a couple. “So the story is about four best friends.  HyunA has been in love with Seunghyun since she can remember.  He accepts HyunA’s heart because he is not interested in anything except music until Yoona starts dating Seungi.  Seunghyun realizes he loves Yoona too, but he suffers in silence because he may breaks HyunA’s heart and Seungi’s friendship.  I think it is a bit of a convencional story so we have to work really hard to make the best out of it”  Seungi turned around and Yoona immediately stopped holding Seunghyun’s hand.

 

“We are finally playing a couple”  Seungi said smiling.  Yoona noded serious.

 

“We are also playing a couple”  HyunA said touching Seunghyun’s shoulder to gain his attention.

 

“Yeah”  Seunghyun said “The four of us might be playing couples but we know there is only one real love in the whole movie”  Seunghyun said looking at Yoona.  HyunA smiled impressed by TOP’s personality.  Yoona looked at the ground, ashamed for hurting Seunghyun and Seungi looked at Yoona with curiosity.

 

“Well said Seunghyun ssi.  There is only going to be one real love in the movie.  That’s what makes it so interesting”  The director said walking torwards the actors. “Well let’s start the reading for the movie ‘Someone new’”  The reading went withouth complications.  Everyone read their parts and got into the characters so fast the director was about to cry from happiness.  When the staff took a break Yoona and HyunA went togheter to the bathroom.

 

“Yoona, did you noticed how Seungi was looking at you the whole time?”  HyunA asked, she was close enough to Yoona to ask this kind of questions.

 

“Seungi? To be honest no, I was more entertained with…never mind”

 

“I swear to god you are the only woman in Korea that doesn’t know he is not kidding everytime he chosses you as his ideal woman”

 

“That’s no it.  He does it because I am a safe play.  If he was really into me he would have said something for the last three years”

 

“Tht’s true a man sould have guts.  That’s why I like him”

 

“Who?”

 

“Choi Seunghyun.  He surely is better looking in real life. He is y and manly and serious…”

 

“Haha, of course not.  He is an alien.  He always says you have a weird personality but the only weird in the room is him”

 

“Do you know him?” HyunA asked excited.

 

“Well….I… He is a friend of one of my friends.  We may have eaten togheter with a couple of friends before”

 

“Great.  You are going to play my cupid angel”

 

Meanwhile in the living room Seunghyun was looking at the scrip completely focused.  He wanted to know if his character was going to get the girl, Yoona, at the end.  When he auditioned for the movie he did it because he wanted to play a ‘lost boy’ type of character.  Park Min Ho, which was his character, had everything.  He was complex at the beginning.  He had escenes where he had to cry feel in love and devastated.  To be honest, Seunghyun waesn’t the type of actor who wanted to be the main actor and get the gir everytime, that’s why when he made his audition he didn’t know if the main girl was going to be with him or his best friend at the end. He was reading trying to find out when Lee Seung Gi appeared offering him juice.

 

“Thanks”  Seunghyun answered.  “I mean thank you sunbae”

 

“Drop the honorifics, you are just one year younger right?” 

 

“Oh, yes”

 

“Are you close with her?  I mean Yoona ssi?”  Seunghyun was kind of pissed, but he realized that Seungi was doing that question because he didn’t know about his relationship with Yoona.  In Seunghyun’s eyes, Seungi was not a bad person, actually in Seunghyun’s eyes no one was.

 

“No, I am sorry”

 

“That’s fine.  Man, I think I need to gather the courage and start talking by myself.  This might be the fifth time I have the opportunity to work with her but I always try to find someone close to her to do the talking.  Wow, now that I am saying this out loud it does not sound good”  Seunghyun smiled as well as Seungi.

 

“It’s ok.  When you see that kind of beauty few steps away from you it is normal to become speechless”

 

“I finally found someone who understands me.  Let’s work with enthusiasm Choi Seunghyun.  I noticed in the elevator you weren’t feeling comfortable so I came and talked about something personal to you.  Are you feeling comfortable now?” ‘Not really’ Seunghyun tought but he just noded. “Good, something tells me you and I are going to be good friends”  ‘Not really’ Seunghyun thought again.

 

“Guys Yoona and I were thinking maybe the four of us can invite the crew to have dinner after the reading.  What do you think?”  Yoona looked at HyunA surprised.  They never agreed that. Seunghyun looked at Yoona but HyunA thought he was looking at her so she blushed.

 

“Or we can do it any other day.  Don’t feel pressured”  Yoona said.

 

“No, I think today it is a good opportunity to get to know each other.  I’ll go and ask the director”  Seungi offered.

 

“I’ll go with you”  HyunA walked beside Seungi. Yoona stood there looking how they were going away.

 

“She likes you Choi Seunghyun”  Yoona said finally when no one was around.

 

“I told you I was irresistible.  From now on you have to live with the fact that women are going to be attracted to me”

 

“Tell me what you really think.  I know I completely blew you off today.  I am sorry”

 

“I am so tired to hear ‘I am sorry’ whenever we talk.  I am sorry torwads Seungi, because he seems like a good guy and he likes you.  I am sorry torwards HyunA because she is creating fake hopes about me, but I am not sorry torwards you.  How can I be sorry for someone I love?”  Yoona sat down and scratched her head.

 

“I know you are mad”  Yoona said tired.

 

“Good, we are getting to know each other”  Seunghyun stood up and went to the other room.  Yoona saw him going away and rested her face in between her hands. This was the first time Yoona felt Seunghyun was really mad at her.