Lost Stars

Something only we know.

I see you going inside the building and unconsciously I press my chest with my hands.  I am scared but I don’t know why.  I know I should feel happier than ever but I just can’t.  Something is wrong Yoona. 

 

It is now almost 11 at night. My hands are inside my pockets. I am still worried.  I keep walking from one place to another.  Suddenly a call comes.

 

“Hello?”  I answer maybe too excited.

 

“Oh, hyung.  It’s the first time you answer me in just one ring”  Seungri says, maybe he is drunk, he is not talking properly. “Well, we are all at the bar, you wanna come?  It’s your favorite”

 

“Sorry, not today, I am waiting for someone”

 

“Amm, I hope I don’t fall in love too soon, otherwise I will be missing all this fun.  See you later then”  He hangs just like that.  I swear this is the rudest dongseng I’ve ever had, but at least he made me forget a little bit about you and how worried I am. I smile a bit and my cellphone rings again.

 

“Hello?” I answer really fast

 

“It’s me” You say shy. 

 

“I know” I could recognize your voice anytime

 

“Are you in your apartment?”  You ask

 

“Depends, are you bringing good news” I try to be funny

 

“Depends, are you there?” Now you know how to play my game too.

 

“Haha, yes I am here.  I would cheat and lie and steal but now I’ll stay at home and kneel for you.  I never win against you.”  That’s how i feel; I am completely weak when it comes to you.  You hang up and I smile again. I feel like my soul has return to my body.  I take a jacket and run torwards the entrance of the building.  I stop at the glass door to look at the people until I find you.  I smile inmediately but you look worried.  My smile starts to fade when I see you walking in the middle of the street.  A car hits you.  I scream with terror and try to run but someone grabs my arm.  I turn around and see Daesung. He is scared too. 

 

“You can’t Hyung.  Come, I’ll take you to the hospital”  I shake my arm and my head and then I start to run. Daesung tries to chase me.  He throws himself over me.  I fall and scream in pain. My knee is what hurts the most. “Hyung, sorry but you can’t.  Yoona was trying to protect you and you arevjust going to reveal everything like this?   Plese let me take you to the hospital first”  But I can’t listen, I can’t even move, I can’t even cry.

 

I really don’t know how Daesung managed to bring me.  When I arrive the only member from SNSD is Tiffany.  She sees me coming and immediately hugs me.

 

“What the hell happened?”  She asks in english.

 

“She was coming to my house, I think someone recognize her so she ran and a car ran over her”  I explain looking at the floor. Tiffany pats my shoulder.  Suddenly a nurse comes out with a plastic bag.

 

“Yoona’s family?”  The lady asks and Tiffany and I walk torwards her. “She was holding this when the ambulance came”  I recognize my necklace.  The moon swarovsky necklace I gave Yoona on her birthday so I take it right away.

 

“This is mine, the other I don’t know”

 

“We’ll take care of that later.  Oh, Daesung good night” Daesung is entering the emergency room. He bows at Tiffany.  “Can you do me a favor?  Stay with Seunghyun, I need to check some papers they need and make some calls”

 

“Sure Fany” Tiffany walks away.  I try to walk to the nurse that gave me Yoona’s belongings before but as soon as I give the first step I fall.  My knee hurts really bad. “Hyung, are you hurt?”  Daesung says helping me.

 

“It’s nothing”  I edure the pain and keep walking.  I am almost reaching the nurse when Seohyun enters running.

 

“Where is she?”  She asks me crying.  Seohyun is grabbing my arm really hard.  Yonghwa comes after her and gives a back hug. 

 

“Realx Hyun”  He says but Seohyun breakes his hug and asks me again.

 

“Seororo, you are here”  Tiffany runs and hugs her maknae. “I need everyone here to explain Yoona’s situation.  I need you all to be here first ok?”  We really don’t have to wait too much until all SNSD arrives, that’s when Tiffany explains us. “Listen guys, I myseilf don’t know very well what happened.  Aparently Yoona was calling me when the accident happened.  A car ran over her, she came with weak signals but she is alive.  We now need to stay positive, she is in emergency right now.  The nurse gave me and Seunghyun a pair of necklace she was carrying during the accident. One belongs Seunghyun and the other one, I don’t know”  Tiffany takes out the other necklace.

 

“That’s…that’s Jonghyun’s necklace”  Yonghwa says confused.

 

As time keeps going more people is coming.  I ask Daesung to go to my house for some things I need.  When he goes I feel absolutely alone, is at that moment when all the weight of what is happening hits me.  I think until this moment I thought I would wake up from this nightmare.  Tears start to go down my face.  I hate it.  I hate to be so weak.  I want to help somehow but now I can’t even move.  Everything is confusing.  Due to my illness my hands start to shake.  I take out my phone and put the earphones.  I still have the tape Yoona made for me so I listen to it like an idiot. My focus is on the swarovsky necklace.  I am not a believer but unconsciously I start to ask Him to take care of you; to let me see your face once again.  My hands draw a symbol over and over again. I keep doing that until I see Jonghyun. 

 

“When did you arrive?”  I ask tired and desolated.

 

“Hyung…”.  I his back.  I know how he feels. “What are you listening?”

 

“Our song.  Me and Yoona’s” I let him hear

 

“I know it.  You and Me by Penny and the Quarters right?” I nod, I really don’t want to keep talking.

 

In the middle of the song Bom appears.  I am sure Daesung told her about Yoona’s accident because she is carrying cofee. Since she is my best friend Bom is the only person I can open to.

 

“You are here”  I say about to cry.

 

“I would never leave you alone.  Here, I brought coffee for everyone. You need to stay awake for when Yoona wakes up and asks to see you”  Bom says while hugging me.  Then she starts giving coffee to all of us. Is in that moment when Yoona’s family arrives.  I know her sister would look at me angry but her father smiles.  I think he wanted to greet me but the doctor comes out.  We all make a circle around him.

 

“Nothing is decided yet.  She is fighting hard, she is willing to live and that’s positive” I start to smile.

 

“She will make it.  She is coming back, she promised to me.  And Yoona always keeps her word” I say quietly.  

 

The doctor says we can now go and see her but briefly.  Of course Yoona’s family is the first people to go inside.  I don’t mind.  I am so happy I could wait all day if it was necessary. Since we have Little time Jonghyun and I decide to go inside together.   I am about to see her but…

 

“Can i talk to you you?” Yoona’s sister asks me.  I close my eyes and nod.  I tell Jonghyun to go inside.  I don’t want him to listen.

 

“You are really something.  I know Yoona was outside your house!”  Her sister yells.

 

“Listen, I don’t want to fight.  Can you wait until I see her?  I will take the blame if that’s what you want, but please let me see her first”  I try to stay calm.

 

“You are not going inside” 

 

“Please don’t do this to me.  I need to see her” I beg.

 

“Get out now, you did enough already”  Yoona’s sister reply.  I look at her angry and run torwards the room.

 

“I don’t care, I love you and you know it. DON’T LET ME GO”  I keep yelling hoping you can hear me Yoona.  I want you to know I am here and I will never let you go.

 

(3 days later)

 

I made a plan.  I couldn’t see you for three days because your sister was watching you, so I made a plan. I sent Big Bang to the hospital to let me know how you were doing Miss Yoona. I told Daesung to checkat what time your sister was leaving the hospital. I was surprised when Tiffany and your dongseng offered their help. 

 

“I do it only because she loves you Choi Seunghyun”  Sehun says.  I smile and nod.

 

I walk into the room and see you sleeping.  Sehun told me you haven’t wake up in three days.

 

“Miss Yoona, wake up now, I have arrived”  I joke around, I don’t know why.  Sehun rolls his eyes.

 

“I am going out, I will be watching in case I see Yoona’s sister coming”  I nod again.  When he leaves I come closer and take your hand.  Then I kiss it.

 

“Sorry I waesn’t here.  I sent Daesung and Seungri to check on you.  Can you please please wake up now Yoona?  I feel so lonely.  I had forgotten how it was to be alone. Oh, by the way Sehun your dongseng is helping me.  I like that kiddo.  I know now why you trust him so much.  Yoonchun is on his way.  Seungri told me SUJU was here before and a lot of your friends are outside, but I know you were waiting for me to open your eyes, so now you can open them.  Come on come on”  I start to pray again but nothing. “Oh, I know. I wrote a song for you.  I think you will like it. It’s about… well I better show you I even brought my guitar with me”

 

“Morning Hyung. How are you doing today?”  Not only Jonghyun interrupted me but he also kissed you, in front of me.  It is only because we are at the hospital that I pretend I am not pissed.

 

“The doctor says she is fighting hard.  She is stable but for some reason she can’t wake up”  I say worried remembering the talk I had in the morning with the doctor.

 

“She will.  Don’t worry.   Oh, I didn’t know you play the guitar” know Jonghyun very well.  He is trying to change the subject.  I decide to go along with him.  He is my friend after all.

 

“I’m not as good as you are but I wrote a song.  Maybe you can tell me your opinion” 

 

“I will be as honest as I can.  You can start Hyung”

 

“I think I will play it later, but you can see the lyrics.  Here”  I take out a moon shape piece of paper that I took from your notebook Yoona. Jonghyun reads fast.

 

“It’s beautiful Hyung.  Your song,  I think she will like it”  I smile pleased but sad at the same time.  Sehun just sent me a message.  Your sister is coming so I have to go.  I stay in the hospital tough. I check on my knee.  I am so going to kill Daesung.  The doctor says I need to take care of it for at least a week, so that means no dance practice for a week.  Second though:  I’m so going to kiss Daesung. When your sister leaves I immediately go to see you again.

 

“Oh, hello”  your father greets.

 

“Hello” Jonghyun and I reply both bowing.

 

“Thank you, you have really taken care of my daughter.  When she wakes up…” Your father starts to cry.

 

“Father, calm down.  I am sure she is listening.   You Heard the doctor, she is fighting and Yoona has the habit of winning” I know what your father feels.  It is not easy to see you like this Yoona.

 

 The day goes by.  It is now almost 6:00 pm.  Your father seems tired so I suggest him to go for coffe. Jonghyun acompanies him.  I stay here and take out the guitar.

 

“This is called ‘Sunset Sunrise’ Yoona.  I wrote it thinking about you so I hope you like it.

 

Please won't you leave

me alone so I'll go

Don't you bother

to attempt or I'll scream

I will just wait

for the sun to rise again

 

Stop

Your heartbeat will fall

and I

will cry until you wake up

 

I stop.  I thought if I play the Bingu TOP personality somehow it wouldn’t be so hard to see you unconscious. But I can’t.  I need to be stronger.

 

“Sunset Sunrise is coming but you are already sleep…  Good night Miss Yoona”  is the only thing I can say.

 

“Good night”  Is what you reply.  My eyes grow.  I start to ring the bell for the nurse rapidly, shoked. 

 

“Yoona, Yoona, can you hear me?”  I ask and you nod.

 

“Seunghyun…” You whisper.  “Father, where are you?” Jonghyun enters the room and looks at Yoona.

 

“He is here, he is here Yoona”  He says.

 

The nurse comes, the doctors too and Jonghyun and I are forced to wait outside.  We tell everything to Yoona’s father.  He calls Yoona’s sister while Jonghyun and I call SNSD to tell them about Yoona waking up.  Again the waiting room rapidly gets filled with Yoona’s family.  The doctor comes out.

 

“Well, she is awake now.  She is fine”  The doctor tells us happy.

 

“Only three pleople can see her now because we need to do other tests.  So… she asked to see her sister her father and Jonghyun”  I look at Jonghyun confused, he does the same looking at me.

 

“Let’s go”  Yoona’s sister takes Jonghyun’s hand and the three of them start to walk to the room.