Sunset Sunrise

Something only we know.

Present Day

 

When Seunghyun shows me the lyrics writen on a moon shape piece of paper i become surprised. 

 

“It’s beautiful Hyung.  Your song,  I think she will like it”  after that we both continue in the room.  Seunghyun leaves the hospital for the whole morning,when Yoona’s sister comes, but when she leaves at 3:00 pm, he comes back. Yoona’s father also comes into the room.

 

“Oh, hello”  Yoona’s father greets.

 

“Hello”  Hyun and I reply both bowing.

 

“Thank you, you have really taken care of my daughter.  When she wakes up…”  Yoona’s father becomes spechless.  He is about to cry.  Seunghyun rushes to him and puts his hand over his shoulder.

 

“Father, calm down.  I am sure she is listening.   You Heard the doctor, she is fighting and Yoona has the habit of winning” Yoona’s father smiles and nods.

 

 The day goes by.  It is now almost 6:00 pm.  Yoona’s father is going for coffee.  I insist in going with him.  When we are midway he realices he forgot his wallet  in the room.  I offer to go for it.  When I am reaching the room I hear a song:

 

Please won't you leave

me alone so I'll go

Don't you bother

to attempt or I'll scream

I will just wait

for the sun to rise again

 

Stop

Your heartbeat will fall

and I

will cry until you wake up

 

Those are the lyrics Hyung showed me this morning.  I look through the window and see him leaving the guitar on the floor and look at Yoona once again.

 

“Sunset Sunrise is coming but you are already sleep…  Good night Miss Yoona”  Seunghyun says.

 

“Good night”  Yoona replies.

 

December 2012

 

(7:00 am)

 

Yoona woke up with the first ray of sun over her face.  Her eyes blinked a lot of times before she could familiarize with the light.  Then, she tried to reach her phone.  When Yoona raised her hand she realized that was not her bed.  She incorporated in a jump and saw everything around.  Her clothes were on the floor. Yoona covered her face hen she saw Seunghyun standing at the door, looking at her with a cup between his hands.

 

“Did I force you to sleep in another place yesterday?  You know I move a lot when I sleep”  Yoona managed to say.  She was still hiding her body.  Seunghyun smiled and walked torwards the bed.  He sat down next to her and put his hands over Yoona’s hands.  Then he offered the cup.

 

“No, you hug me the whole night.  I woke up ten minutes before because of the sun and then I went to make chocolate for you”  Seunghyun said.

 

“Really?  That’s weird.  I had never share a bed, not even with my sister.  I can’t sleep with anyone”

 

“Well, I am not anyone”  Yoona realized TOP was shirtless so she looked away ashamed.  TOP saw her and laughed.  “Look at her, yesterday you said I was beautiful and now you don’t want to look at me”  Seunghyun said, taking Yoona’s head in his hands. 

 

“You know what? You are right. I can’t get nervous whenever I see your beautiful body, so…”  Yoona left the cup on the little table next to the bed and released herself from the s.  She was only wearing her sporty bra.  This time Seunghyun looked at her and got really nervous.  He opened his mouth and blink a lot of times trying to find something to say.  He finally just looked away. “See?  It’s not that easy”  Yoona said smiling.

 

“We need to work on that”  Yoona noded and suddenly hughed TOP. He started to caress her hair. “You know something?  You are the most beautiful woman when you wake up”  Yoona was blushing, she hughed Seunghyun even harder.

 

They kept hughing each other for 30 minutes.  And then Yoona went to shower.  Seunghyun went to the kitchen.  He was doing breakfast when he felt Yoona’s arms around him.  He turned around and kissed her.  Then he hug her really thight. Yoona sighed.

 

“You have created a monster Choi Seunghyun”  Yoona said tired.

 

“You don’t want to leave right?”  He .

 

“No, I want to stay here, with you.  Or wherever but with you”  Yoona said doing aegyo.

 

“I won’t let you go then”  Seunghyun said.  She laughed and he smiled.  “Let me know when are you going out.  I will pick you up”

 

“No”

 

“No?”

 

“Today is deadline remember?  I must tell Jonghyun about…my decision”

 

“I forgot about that… This might sound weird but you are coming back right?”  Yoona looked at Seunghyun curious “It’s just that… only in dreams one can be this happy. I don’t know why this feels like a good bye”

 

“Sometimes I wish you could see trough my eyes and feel trough my heart. Then you would understand leaving is not an option now. I am coming back. I promise.”

 

(11 am)

 

Yoona arrived her dorm.  She had the brightest smile her members had ever seen on her.  Immediately the coments began but Yoona only smiled and went back to her own world.  At 11:00 in the moning she did the first call to Jonghyun.  Yoona took some air and gathered all the courage she could to make that call.  She knew she had to do it and in her mind the best way was to end the call rapidly. 

 

“Hello? Yoongie?”  Jonghyun’s excited tone made Yoona feel even worse. 

 

“Jonghyun, are you free to talk today?”  Yoona wanted to end the conversation the fastest she could.

 

“Sure, I am”  Despite her rudness, Jonghyun’s voice was still gently. Yoona covered with her hand.  She was about to cry. It felt like an important chapter in her life was about to end.

 

´”See you tonight, please eat decently”  was the only thing she managed to say.

 

(14:00 pm)

 

Seunghyun drove to Yoona’s house.  He wanted to talk to her father first.  He waesn’t sure if Yoona’s sister was going to be there, he was praying not.  When Seunghyun arrived a middle age man came to open the door.  Seunghyun immediately bowed and gave the man a box of chocolates.

 

“Good afternoon.  It’s a pleasure to meet you”  TOP greet.

 

“Hello”  Yoona’s father answered confused.

 

“I know you might not know about me.  I came here to talk about your daughter” Seughyun said, still bowing.

 

“Is she fine?”  Yoona’s father asked worried.

 

“Yeah, don’t worry.  I came here for permission.  I came here to talk you about me”  Yoona’s father doubt for a second, but let him in at the end.  They sat at the living room, Seunghyun was really nervous.

 

“You do realize no matter what you say if my daughter does not love you right?”  Seunghyun look at the man for the first time “As well as it does not matter what your story is as long as she does”  Seunghyun smiled. He talked about everything.  About his past and the things he had done wrong.  He even told Yoona’s father about his phase as a bad boy.  Yoona’s father listened carefully and never interrumpted until Seunghyun had finished. “I see.  I understand now why you came here. I heard what you say but I never heard the most important thing.  Why you love my daughter?”

 

“Sr I not only love Yoona.  I adore her.  I can’t explain it.  The day I met her, a simple ride on a car another night in my life…Is one of those moments you cannot plan.  She is that to me.  Whenever I am with her I feel joyful and alive and what makes me happier is I feel I give that to her as well.  I don’t know if you can understand what I am saying”

 

“I can’t understand, but I can see it. Yoona has come often, she is  happier these days and I was wondering why.  I guess it was you.  If that’s the case thank you.  I was afraid for Yoona, I felt she was becoming miserable.  No matter how much she tried to explain she loves her job its hard to see your little baby suffer, you are like medicine to her, something I cannot give her.  The fact that you have come here, shows you care. But Seunghyun, if you make my daughter cry, I won’t forget it”  Seunghyun noded. He was happy inside.  Yoona’s father had given him his blessing.

 

(18:00 pm)

 

Seunghyun was back in his house. He was writing a song with a smile on his face.  He knew the cleaning thought he was an idiot, but he didn’t care, he was happy.  He couldn’t remember a moment in his life where he had been so joyful and bright like he was now.  At six he left what he was doing and drove to see Yoona.  When he arrived Yoona was already waiting in the parking lot.  She immediately ran to the car.  Seunghyun was really surprised when Yoona hughed him and hid rested her face on his chest.  He covered her with his arms.  Then, he started to pat her head.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”  Seunghyun asked worried.

 

“I feel bad Seunghyun.  I felt bad when I rejected you and now I feel bad for him”  Yoona said crying.  “I am starting to doubt I am a good person.  Why is it always me who make others cry?”  Yoona was still refuging in TOP.

 

“No, never say that again.  Never think you are not a good person. The fact that two men are insanely in love with you shows you are not.  Yes, it might hurt now, but eventually we are going to remember this as a good memory”  Yoona tried to nod and went out of the car.  Seunghyun saw her going away and immediately got off the car too.  He ran torwards Yoona and pulled her hand, then TOP hughed her.

 

“Right now this is the only thing I can do, hugging you and telling everything is going to be fine.  Please trust me.  Do what you have to do in order to live withouth regrets” Seunghyun whispered at Yoona. Then he took her head between his hands and kissed her. “Look the sunset sunrise”  Seunghyun said when he stop. Yoona looket at the sky. “You are my sunset sunrise”

 

“What?” Yoona asked confused.

 

“Whenever I see you I don’t think there is anything more beautiful, I would like to observe you forever and I promise I wouldn’t be tired of your beauty. Besides, the sunset sunrise is my favorite part of the day, a combination of day and night.  You are like the sunset sunrise.  The combination of reality and dreams”

 

“I swear you have a book filled with these chessy phrases Tabi”  Yoona said rolling her eyes and smiling.

 

“At least I made you smile now”  Seunghyun and Yoona hughed each other. When TOP saw Yoona going inside the building he had a strange feeling.  Despite his happiness everytime he said bye to her it felt like if he was never going to see her again