37

Maybe This is Love?

Hyukjae's pov


I felt my heart thumped harder.
I watched him, holding the little ring on his hand while he's still seems in shock.

I know it's a sudden request, and one important one. I just hope that he like the way i proposed to him, since hwa always said that hae doesn't like fancy thingies.

A moment of silence.

I gulped.

Damn it, was it too soon?
Should i wait until he graduated from college? But..i-i want him to be mine before he entered the college! There must be so many people who'll attracted to this cute guy when he entered the college.

"A-are you serious hyukkie..?"
Suddenly donghae spoke.

I felt weird in my tummy, but then i look straight to his eyes, and replied,
"I'm very, very serious i can't even breath properly right now"

Donghae eyed me, then look at the ring on his hand, and i felt my heart crush into pieces when he gave the ring back to me.

"I'm sorry hyukkie.."

I felt dark surrounded me.
My chest felt heavy and i couldn't even think straight.
He's..rejecting me.
I reached the little ring with my trembled fingers, felt like my tears going to be fall anytime soon,
But then donghae continued,

"..i can't put the ring on my own, right? You have to put the ring properly on my finger"
He smiled as his cheeks slightly blushed.

I gaped my mouth open.
"Y-y-you mean..?"
I cursed my self as i can't stop stuttering in front of him. Damn hyuk. Where did your charm gone?

Donghae kneeled in front of me, leveled his eyes straight to mine, and his hand slowly reached up, caressed my cheek slowly.

"Yes i do, hyukkie. I will marry you"

And i couldn't help but smiled widely, probably the most widest gummy smile i ever have, then pulled him to my embrace, hugged him tightly.

Donghae giggled and hugged me back, whispered,
"You want to put the ring on my finger, or is it just a property of your proposal?"

I gasped and pulled away a bit, reached his hand and slipped it to his ring finger.
I caressed the ring on his finger, then brought his hand to my lips, kissed it slowly, muttering 'thank you' as i leaned to him, captured his lips with mine.


---------------------


Donghae's pov


Hyukkie drove us to my home, then eacorted me to the front door as he held my hand, caressed the ring on my finger.

I felt so happy that he's thinking this seriously of our relationship, and want me to become his.. His... Kyaaaaah!!!!

Once we arrived the front door, hyukkie rang the bell. I frowned.
"Hyukkie, did you forget that i have a key?" I chuckled.

Hyukkie just smiled and pecked my smiling lips.

Umma came out from our house, she frowned and asked us,
"Eh? Why you have to ring the bell, sons?"

I shrugged my shoulder and glanced at hyukkie, but he kept calm, smiled to umma and suddenly bowed in front of her.

"I would like to take Lee Donghae as a part of my life, to have a happily marriage life with me, to make him happy for the rest of my life. I'm here, to ask you, umma, as the only Family Donghae has, the one who raised him up to be a wonderful person like now, to give your permission to me to take him, to marry him"

I widened my eyes.
Oh my god, oh my god..
He's asking umma's permission!!
What a gentle--

"Aigooo.. What a gentleman you are, hyukjae-ssi" umma smiled widely. I felt slightly proud at him.
"Come on, stop bowing like that. Of course i'll be happy and relieved to let a gentleman like you taking care of my only son"

Hyukkie stood up straight and umma hugged him, while whispering something to him.
Huh? What did she say to him?
I felt annoyed at their long hug, reached hyukkie's shirt and pulled it lightly. But then i gasped when i saw umma's teary eyes.

"U-umma..?"

"Aishh you lil jealous kid, can't believe you already found your mate!" Umma pulled me into a very tight hug, sobbing lightly. I felt my eyes become teary too.

"Uh..umma?"
Hyukjae said, and we both look at him.

"C-can i ask hae to go to my house tonight? I want to deliver the news to my mum and hwahwa"

Umma smiled widely and ruffled my hair.
"Of course, hyukkie. In fact, he can sleep over your house tonight, if you want. He's allowed to do naughty naughty stuff with you too anyway~"

I widened my eyes,
"U-umma!!" I felt my face hot. Ugh..what naughty naughty things.. But then i saw hyukkie's face even more red than i am. I bit my bottom lip.

"T-thanks umma"
Hyukkie said, and we both gave her a hug before leaving to hyukkie's house.

----------------

In hyukjae's house~


"I knew it!!! You did it, oppa!!!!!" Hwa chan giggled and hugged his brother, while their mum hugged me tightly, muttered 'i got a beautiful son in law' and everything.

I felt relieved that hyukkie's family received me so delightly.

"And you! Come here you haehae!! Finally we're going to become a real brother and sister!!!" Hwa jumped to me, make me laughed of her excitement, but then hyukkie pulled me away.

"Enough hwahwa, hae already tired and we need to change, we swam on the beach with our clothes on earlier" he said.

Hwa chan looked at us with her teasing eyes.
"Omo~ did you do it on the beach??"

Hyukkie and I blushed and snapped in unison,
"WHAT?! NO!!"

"Aish,, i meant the proposal, you did the proposal on the beach right?"

We glanced at each other, shy.
"U-uh..y-yes"

I smiled at him and he reached my ring finger. But then i felt hwa's teasing gaze. I fake a cough and pulled my hand away from hyukkie.
"U-uh, i'm going to take a bath.."

"What? Wait hae-ah! Where are you going?" Hwa chan asked.

"U-uh..the guest room?"

Hwa chan and her mum smiled, then gave my belongings to hyukkie.

"We lost the guest room's key again. You can sleep with hyuk oppa"


----------------------