09.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Soonkyu rushed to the park, trying not to seem nervous or too excited, or any other feelings she was feeling. She had no clue what was going to happen on this, what she liked to call, "date", but she hoped it went well. She figured she'd have to do most of the talking, but she didn't mind. She just wanted Taekwoon to enjoy himself, like her enough that they would see each other again.

The park was more empty than usual, considering it was a Saturday, but the less people, the better it would be, Soonkyu guessed. She walked to the large tree that they had said to meet at and waited. No more than three minutes later, she saw Taekwoon walking her way, a coke and hot dog in his hands, eating and sipping quickly. She watched him as he approached.

"Hey, Taekwoon." she greeted when he had reached her. He nodded and stuffed the rest of the hot dog in his mouth, not saying anything. She watched him as he stared out into the park, his gaze foreign and distant. She followed his gaze, but he wasn't looking at anything in particular. She waited until he said something, since she had no clue what she was supposed to do.

"Want to walk?" he suggested and she nodded. They started down the walk-way, Taekwoon's hands stuffed in his pockets and Soonkyu's were swinging by her side. She had a small smile on her face, somehow enjoying this. Something about the silence was nice. She liked it, a lot.

After a while, though, the silence started to get on her nerves. She asked him about himself, but learned very little. She quickly understood he was the type of person who revealed very little, especially to a stranger, which she technically was. She sighed quietly, not loud enough for Taekwoon to hear. She told him a little about herself as well, and for a bit, they had a nice conversation going and a few laughs were exchanged. Soonkyu once again thought about how much she liked Taekwoon's smile.

Suddenly, the voice that she hated called out to her. She froze and somehow found herself gripping onto Taekwoon, who looked down at her, surprised. She gritted her teeth, not in the mood to deal with him.

"Come on, Taekwoon. Let's go." she tugged him along, picking up her pace. Taekwoon followed, looking back at the guy who had called Soonkyu. He squinted his eyes, recognizing him.

"Isn't he..."

"Yes, now come on. I don't want to talk to him." she said, her tone of voice turning into an annoyed one. Taekwoon only nodded, letting her pull him along, watching the other man as he followed them carefully. 

 

Joohyun was careful around Hongbin the next few days, now knowing his secret that he had tried to stay hidden for so long. Hongbin, scared that Joohyun told Hakyeon, even though she promised she wouldn't, stayed away from his friend. He usually would stay indoors, but every now and then he woould go outside and take some pictures in the park, but it wasn't the same with Hakyeon beside him. Hakyeon always accompained him when he went to the park to shoot pictures. 

He was just about to take a picture of a bird that was in a tree when he heard a shout of "Soonkyu!" He looked up and gasped as he saw who it was. Jaehwan. He knew well of Jaehwan, since the two had spoken quite often, but in the end, he had really hated Jaehwan for leaving Soonkyu and the kids. He knew Jaehwan was trouble, so he watched.

Soonkyu was a little ways ahead with Taekwoon. He wondered how they ended up knowing each other and why they were walking in the park together. He saw Soonkyu grab Taekwoon and begin walking quicker, obviously trying to get away from her ex. Hongbin guessed that he didn't need to intervene, so continued taking random pictures, thinking about Hakyeon and prayed that he didn't know.

Hongbin decided it was enough for the day and began to walk back to his apartment, but when he felt a hand on his shoulder and a painfully familiar voice, he froze, not bothering to fight it at that point.

"Hongbin, why didn't you tell me?"