06.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Hongbin woke up with a banging headache and stomach pains which felt like he was dying. He looked at the clock. It was around two in the afternoon. He sighed as he could hardly remember anything that happened last night. He sat up, but immediately returned to the laying position. His body ached horribly and he didn't know why. He didn't want to know why, honestly. 

He reached over to the bed-side table and reached for his phone. Four new messages. Two from Hakyeon, one from Wonshik and the other from Joohyun. Hongbin opened Hakyeon's first. The second he began reading the message, everything from last night returned to him. The date, the escape, all the drinks at the norebang, Wonshik. He sat up again, ignoring the searing pain in his stomach and head, and shuffled out of bed. He walked slowly to his kitchen and pulled out some orange juice, chugging it down then returned to the messages he left unread. He found no reason to reply to Hakyeon's. Hakyeon was just raving about how wonderful his date was, then asking where Hongbin had gone.

Joohyun's message was similar to the extent, but she didn't seem to care that Hongbin had left. He wondered if she even noticed he and Wonshik didn't stay the whole night. Wonshik's message was short, though. He just thanked Hongbin for the wonderful night, giving a smiley face at the end. Hongbin chuckled and sent him a message back, it was my pleasure. He meant it.

Hongbin then got dressed and left the house. He wasn't feeling up for anything, even for taking pictures, but once again, as usual, he ended up in the park. He liked the park the most of the places in Seoul. It was relaxing and even if the faint sound of cars interupted him ocassionaly, and kids screaming did the same. Hongbin leaned back on the bench and closed his eyes, breathing in the fresh air.

"Hongbin!" he didn't open his eyes. It was Hakyeon, he could recognize his voice everywhere. "Hongbin." Hakyeon repeated. Hongbin could hear him sit beside him on the bench, poking his arm quickly.

"Hey," Hongbin said, emotionless. He felt Hakyeon hug him tightly and Hongbin felt a lump grow in his throat. He tried to swallow, trying to keep away the tears, but nothing worked.

"Thanks, Binnie." Hakyeon muttered, his voice muffled by Hongbin's shoulder. Hongbin only nodded, trying to keep his composure. He knew where this was going. "But, I don't think I'm going to go on another date with Joohyun anytime soon." Hakyeon continued and Hongbin held his breath. He thought it was the best date Hakyeon ever had. Why was he suddenly being this way?

"What? Why?" Hongbin spluttered out. 

"She's really sweet and I really do like her, but right now, I'm not ready for an relationship. School's too much right now, so I'm just going to wait." Hakyeon pulled away and answered. Hongbin sighed, that's not any better. 

"Okay." Hongbin said, taking a quick glance at Hakyeon who was smiling. Hongbin wished he could make Hakyeon smile like that. He looked away quickly and pulled out his phone. Wonshik had messaged him again, asking if he wanted to hang out again that night. Hongbin agreed. Hakyeon looked over at Hongbin, who was typing out his message.

"Did you and Wonshik have fun last night?"

"Yes. I drank too much though." Hongbin explained, hitting send then turning back to Hakyeon. 

"You got drunk? That's shocking." Hakyeon laughed lightly. Hongbin shrugged. His tolerance was high, but drinking all night was even a stretch for him. Hongbin sighed, trying to think about what happened after he and Wonshik left the norebang, but nothing came, so he just shrugged again, figuring it was nothing. 

Eventually, Hakyeon pulled Hongbin to a small restaurant for a late lunch. Hongbin laughed, but he didn't say much else. He didn't feel like talking with Hakyeon then. Not about Joohyun at least.

 

Soonkyu stared at the man in front of her, not in the least bit happy to see him. He gave her a smile as if everything he did was nothing. She scoffed and began to walk away, but he called out for her again. She froze. She didn't have time for him.

"Leave me alone, Jaehwan. We're over." she spat then walked away, toward the counter to pay for her purchases. Jaehwan followed her, grabbing her wrist, spinning her around. She stared angrily at him when they became face-to-face. His smile was still painted on his face. He hadn't changed one bit since she last saw him.

"How are the kids?" he asked, making Soonkyu roll her eyes. 

"Piss off, Jaehwan." she tugged on his grip, but it was too tight. His smile dropped from his face. 

"I'm just wondering how my kids are doing." he growled, glaring at Soonkyu. She laughed sourly.

"Your kids! You don't even care about them. If you did, you wouldn't have left. Get away fom me!" she yelled, but his grip wouldn't break. She began screaming, struggling against his grip, but he held on tighter. He struggle brought her to drop the basket, food and drinks spilling on the floor.

"Stop it, Sunny, you're causing a scene." Jaehwan said harshly.

"Don't call me that!" she screamed, flinging his arms wildly. Just as she was about to scream again, someone punched Jaehwan in the face, knocking him on the ground hard. Soonkyu gasped, backing away quickly. Her savior turned to her, her eyes widening at who it was. It was him.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his voice soft, much unlike Jaehwan's had just been. Soonkyu nodded, still in shock. The man helped her clean up her dropped goods and it was just then that she realized he worked there. He walked up to the counter and checked her out. Soonkyu made sure to read his nametag before leaving and thanking him for saving her.

She smiled. She was sure she'd visit that supermarket more often, just for Taekwoon.

---

I'm evil, aren't I?