28.

a day in the park [cancelled]

The minute the words left Hakyeon's mouth, he got up, pushing his chair back and moving quickly into the small men's bathroom in the back of the cafe. Hongbin didn't have time to stop him, as it came as a surprise to everyone surrounding and at the table, filled with coffees and pastries, some untouched and others not. Yuri was moving in quickly, dead-set on Hongbin, who was staring in the direction in which Hakyeon had previously run in. A loud squeak announced that Hongbin had gotten out of his chair and was soon running toward the bathroom, after his distressed boyfriend.

He ignored people calling out his name from behind; he didn't care.

The restroom door was flung open as Hongbin entered, scanning the titled room, looking for Hakyeon. It wasn't hard to spot him, as the latter was hunched over the sink, silently sobbing to himself. Hongbin froze in the doorway, eyes glued on the older man, tears running down his tan cheeks. Hongbin didn't know what he could do, considering he'd probably just piss Hakyeon off if he even approached him, but he realized he could take that risk, he had to take that risk. He moved quickly, his long legs letting him take big strides toward Hakyeon. He reached his arms around the latter's waist, pulling him close to his chest and hugging him tightly. Hakyeon stiffed at the touch, seemingly about to pull back, but not doing so, just staying frozen.

After a few beats, Hakyeon's own arms wrapped around Hongbin's waist, burying his face in the taller one's shoulders and continuing to cry. Hongbin rubbed his back, muttering sorry apologies and trying his best to calm the upset Hakyeon. Eventually, it did work and the tears began to stop falling, Hakyeon taking a large breath and pulling back from Hongbin slightly.

"I'm sorry," Hongbin muttered again, looking down, attempting to avoid any eye-contact.

"Me too. I over-reacted." Hakyeon returned the apology, realizing the incredible truth in his words. They stood in silence, their reflections in the mirror across from them, doing the same gestures as they.

"I would never cheat on you, or anything. I hope you know that." Hongbin wanted to say more, but his throat choked up and he couldn't add anything else. He didn't need to, however, as it was enough to bring a grateful smile to Hakyeon's face. 

"I do know. I just not jealous." Hakyeon explained, wishing in the back of his mind that this conversation would end and they would just make-up. He didn't want to fight, so to say, with Hongbin. "Let's forget about it. We both did something dumb, but it's better now right. We can go out there and if that girl is still there, well, then she can deal with the fact that you're my  boyfriend, not hers." Hakyeon said, a new found confidence creeping back into his tone. Hongbin began to smile and he linked his fingers within Hakyeon's, pulling him back out of the bathroom and into the open and bright cafe.

 

Everyone looked up when they saw Hongbin and Hakyeon leaving the bathroom, hand-in-hand and smiling. The others, who had been waiting, and who quickly got rid of Yuri with lots of yelling and lies, were surprised to see the sudden change in the previously solemn men. When they both sat down next to each other, it was most obvious to Soonkyu that they were definitely not going to be fighting any time soon.

"What happened?" Hongbin asked suddenly, refering to the Yuri incident. Sanghyuk opened his mouth to speak, ready to fill his older friend in on everything that had happened, but Joohyun cut him off before he could say anything.

"Don't worry about it, Bin." she smiled in her friend's direction and he nodded, not probing for more. The attention of the conversation soon went right to Soonkyu, who explained to everyone about the note that Jaehwan had given her, explaining why he was leaving. All of those who knew anything about Jaehwan were more than excited, cheering and saying to bring some more food over to celebrate (Hakyeon and Sanghyuk were clueless, exchanging glances at the sudden celebration).

"How come he's leaving?" Joohyun asked suddenly, cutting off the cheers from the others around her. Soonkyu thought for a moment, trying to recall what she read in the letter that she had recieved.

"He said he got a job out of Seoul, I don't know where, and that he didn't want to bother me anymore. I'm a little suspicious, but he's leaving, so that's all that matters." at her words, Taekwoon put his arm around her shoulder, as if to say he's ready to take Jaehwan on if the latter returns. Hongbin and Joohyun figured it made sense, not particulary pushing for more, but wishing there was a bit.

Nevertheless, they all ordered some more drinks and pastries, eating and laughing with complete mirth. Everything finally seemed to be in place, perfection floating in the air around them.

---

Sorry for updating so slowly, but I just have been so out of it. Hopefully, this is good enough for now! The story should be ending soon anyway, considering this was supposed to be a three-shot but is now almost thirty chapters. Oops.