15.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Hongbin woke up the next morning. He was dead tired and he could hardly open his eyes. He felt like his whole body ached, and it did. He rolled over, trying to get some more shut-eye before he actually had to get up. As he turned, he hit something hard in his bed. At first he was confused, what is this? Hongbin pryed an eye open, looking at the figure, their chest rising up and down as they slept. A smile crept onto Hongbin's face. 

Hakyeon.

Hongbin wrapped his arms around the older man, nuzzling his face into his chest, breathing in his scent. The sun was sneaking in through the window, but Hongbin continued to keep his eyes shut, trying to ward off the light and sleep some more. He then felt an arm wrap lightly around him, pulling him closer. His smile grew a bit bigger.

"Morning," a groggy voice whispered to him. Hongbin snuggled closer.

"Morning, hyung." Hongbin responded. It was silent for a bit, before Hakyeon broke it, his usually very loud, very obnoixious voice, quiet and soothing now.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked. Hongbin nodded, not bothering to lift his head. He liked this, just sitting there, making small conversations about nothing, everything. Hakyeon chuckled lightly, his chest rising quicker than it had been in the past minutes. Hongbin tightened his grip on Hakyeon, not even believing any of this was happening. He couldn't believe Hakyeon returned his feelings; everything seemed so surreal. He was prepared to just close his eyes again and awake, finding Joohyun and Hakyeon happily dating, but it was real, everything was real.

Hongbin drifted off into another short sleep, Hakyeon rubbing his back gently. When his eyes shot open again, nothing had changed and he wished they never would, but a cell phone buzzing pulled them both out of the fantasy they were in for only a short bit.

 

Soonkyu couldn't stand the questions, the indirect questions about the children's father, Lee Jaehwan. She didn't blame them for being so interested, as they had never known their father or what it was like to have one, but without their knowing, they were hurting her with each of their inquiries.

It was morning time, around nine o'clock when Taekwoon texted her, catching her off-guard. He had never really sent her a message first, but she was happy he did. Maybe he was just as interested, even just a little. It was a small text, just asking if she wanted to come out, maybe get a coffee and chat. Soonkyu chuckled--she never knew Taekwoon was the kind of guy who enjoyed "chatting." She responded quickly, but not too quick, saying she would be glad to, remembering to be casual and not too excited.

Though, she was very excited. She got dressed up, put on a bit more make-up than usual. Even if she went on little "dates" with Taekwoon before, she felt like she wanted this one to be the best, especially since he had suggested it first (she admitted she planted the idea in Taekwoon's head about the first time). 

She met him in front of an apartment building where Taekwoon had asked her to meet. She didn't notice him coming out of the door and slowly walk up to her, she was focused on the cars rolling past her in front of the building. Every now and then someone would pass by, but they didn't notice her and she hardly noticed them. 

Taekwoon cleared his throat, surprising the mother who smiled almost immediately at him, upon recognizing who he was. They greeted each other then went on their way. He first took her to an ice cream shop, which had shocked her. She didn't think Taekwoon was that type, but she supposed she had a lot to learn about him anyway, since he was surprising her quite a lot that day. 

 

The sun was beginning to sink in the sky and Taekwoon had walked Soonkyu home. Only a half an hour before had they realized they had spent the whole day together and she worried Hongbin (and Hakyeon, who had wanted to take care of the kids with his buddy. She wasn't sure why he was going around with Hongbin so much lately, but it didn't concern her then) would be mad since he was stuck with the twins the whole day. 

"Good night." Taekwoon muttered, his hands securely in his pocket and his gaze focused down. Soonkyu could swear she saw a small smile dancing on his lips, but it was just a hunch. 

"Night, Taekwoon." she replied, a very obvious smile on her lips. She leaned up, standing on her toes and pecked his cheek. He froze and watched her scurry onto her porch, open the door, and slip into her house. His smile grew bigger and he knew he wanted to see her again. Soon, very soon. 

 

"Come on, Minhee. We're going!"

"But Uncle Hongbin, I don't want to!"

"Hakyeon?"

"Got it."

Hongbin almost didn't want to say goodbye to Minhee and Minjun when their mother came to pick them up. He promised the two that he would see them soon (and bring Uncle Hakyeon, too!). They waved and said farewell, leaving and holding to Soonkyu with their lives. 

---

I published this too soon, but I'm pretty sure no one saw, so thank god. Anyway, this chapter just feels like a filler to me, but you get some more NBin and Sunny with Taekwoon, so that's good. I still don't know what to do with Jaehwan in the kids, but that should be adressed soon. Bye for now!