11.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Joohyun, Hongbin and Soonkyu were sitting at the counter of a small breakfast place. They all sat quietly, not sure where to begin and who should start. Joohyun watched as Hongbin played with the napkin, folding into different shapes and Soonkyu was only looking at the menu. She decided to break the silence, because it was dangerously teetering at awkward.

"So, anything fun happen this weekend?" she asked. Hongbin gave a short scoff. Joohyun knew what happened with both of them over the last couple of days, but she didn't want to bring it up then.

"No," Hongbin said, curtly and Soonkyu nodded.

"What about your weekend?" Soonkyu ended up asking after a pause. Joohyun thought about it, but there was nothing that happened. She visited Hakyeon, but she wasn't sure that it was the time or place to say that. Plus, she wasn't even sure Hakyeon liked her more than a friend, and she wasn't sure it was going to work out either. 

"Nothing." she lied and went back to sipping her coffee.

"What do you think about me getting an omellete?" Hongbin asked, looking at the menu then at the two girls beside him. 

"No one cares, Hongbin." they chorused, making Hongbin pout and return to the menu.

 

"A club, seriously?" Hongbin widened his eyes, staring at the dark building, music pouring from the inside and onto the streets. Hongbin shook his head, not wanting to go inside. He only had been in a club once before, and it wasn't a very good expirience, so he hated them ever since. Wonshik and Joohyun both nodded simotaneously. He had no clue how this ended up happening, but it did, and now he was stuck with his two friends, who were more than happy to enter the club for a "night of fun," as a sign suggested. 

"Come on, Bin, you'll love it." Joohyun squealed and pulled Hongbin inside, Wonshik following, his hands stuffed in his pockets. It was sp dark inside, Hongbin's eyes had to take minutes to adjust. There was music so loud he could hardly hear his thoughts or Wonshik when he shouted, "Oh, I love this song!" Next thing Hongbin knew, Wonshik bolted into the crowd of dancing people and began doing some kind of flailing that he called dancing. 

Joohyun had other plans as she pulled him toward the bar, which was surprisingly not very crowded.

"We should invite Sunny-unnie and Hakyeon-oppa." Joohyun shouted, Hongbin leaning in close to hear her over the booming music. He did like the song, he just wished it wasn't playing so loudly.

"Go ahead," Hongbin responded, raising his voice to maxiumum level. Joohyun nodded and snuck back outside, taking out her phone and dialing a number. Hongbin slid onto a chair and tapped his foot along to the beat of music. He had lost Wonshik in the crowd of people, even his friend's bright blue hair was hard to spot. 

Hongbin ended up ordering a beer and sat, waiting for Wonshik and Joohyun to return. The song changed to one Hongbin had never heard before, so he turned around in his chair, facing the bar. Some girls at the end of the bar were giggling at him and he awkwardly waved in their direction, confused. Their laughter increased and he turned his attention away, back to his drink. He looked down at his outfit. He was dressed in a white shirt and some black pants, his hair jelled up off his forehead. Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around, facing Wonshik, whose hair was messed up and small beads of sweat scattered across his face. 

"Hey,"

"Hey. Having fun?"

"Nothing happened." Hongbin chuckled, taking a swig of his drink before looking at Joohyun who had sat down next to him. He greeted her as well. 

"They're both coming." she informed.

"Who?" Wonshik raised an eyebrow, then ordered a drink. Joohyun told him who and he only responded with an, "Oh." Hongbin's body felt like it was shaking, moving along to the music even if he wasn't doing anything but sit. 

 

Soon, Hakyeon arrived, waving at everyone when he got to the bar. They all waved back, some giving hugs and Hakyeon plopped down beside Joohyun, throwing his arm around her shoulders. Hongbin bit his lip, holding back saying something angrily out of jealous feelings. He took a giant sip of his beer, finishing it off then ordering a new one. He decided he'd go dance, so he whispered into Wonshik's ear about his plans and they both went up to the dance floor.

People were mostly just bobbing up and down to the music, but a few incredibly drunk people were jumping around like crazy. Hongbin just stood and swayed slightly, enjoying the music that was playing. Wonshik was doing the same next to him, though his movements were a bigger and more exact. Hongbin felt stupid, but he didn't want to be hanging out with Joohyun and Hakyeon, both of them together, at least. The same girls from the bar that were eyeing Hongbin approached them both, catching Hongbin off guard. The tallest of the girls, who was dressed in a tight red dress, asked if he wanted to dance with her. She was gorgeous, Hongbin admitted, but he didn't really want to, except when he saw Wonshik nodding at him, already dancing with one of her friends, he agreed.

 

Soonkyu showed up not long afterward. By then, Hongbin had returned to the bar, Jinah, he soon found out the girl's name was, following behind. Wonshik and his dance partner stayed on the dance floor. Jinah said hi to Hongbin's friends, greeting them sweetly, but by then, Hongbin was tired of her following him around, attaching herself to him like a leech. 

He drank his third beer, listening to Joohyun, Soonkyu and Jinah speak, laughing about something or another. Hongbin really didn't care, he couldn't hear them either. Hakyeon turned to him, a large smile on his face. 

"You look tired." Hakyeon commented, his lips near Hongbin's ear and the latter could feel his warm breath on him, making him shiver.

"I am."

"Want to go outside? It's stuffy in here." Hakyeon asked. Hongbin looked around and nodded. Everyone else was in their own worlds, they wouldn't miss Hakyeon and him for five minutes. They both got up and headed to the enterance, slipping out quickly. They stood out front of the club in silence for two minutes before Hakyeon broke the silence. The second he spoke, Hongbin shuttered. "About the other day," Hakyeon started.

Hongbin intercepted, "I don't want to talk about it." and he knew exactly which day Hakyeon was talking about. 

"No, we need to talk about it, Hongbin." Hakyeon said, his cheery tone from before disappearing completely.

"Okay, yeah, I like you, Hakyeon. Big whoop. You like Joohyun, though, so it's whatever; don't worry about it." Hongbin muttered and turned around to go back in the club. He wanted another drink. Hakyeon grabbed his wrist, though, preventing him from going any further.

"Lee Hongbin, why didn't you tell me sooner?" Hakyeon's voice said, soft and weary. Hongbin swallowed, feeling like he way about to cry. He really needed that drink. He hoped that he had enough money left for one.

"It was never the time." Hongbin said, a lame excuse. He heard Hakyeon chuckle behind him and he felt himself spinning around to face his friend. He couldn't even look Hakyeon in the eyes, his heart felt like it was about to beat right out of his chest.

"What if I told you I liked you back?"

---

Eh. Eh. Eh. I didn't know what to do with Soonkyu, so I'm going to do another chapter for her, since I got to come up with something for her. I don't know if I should bring Jaehwan back this quickly, or have something happen with her and Taekwoon. Until then, see you. Also, thank you everyone who subscribed, commented and upvoted. It means so damn much to me. <3