26.

a day in the park [cancelled]

The sob from Hakyeon was what gave Hongbin the strength to push Yuri off of him, scrambling up quickly to face his stunned boyfriend. Yuri muttered something behind him, not at all minding Hakyeon's presence. She clutched onto Hongbin's arm, pulling him close but he retracted, staring at her angrily.

“Hongbin, who's this?” she gave Hakyeon a look of disgust, if not more than that. Hongbin watched her, with shock. Who did she think it was?

“My boyfriend, actually.” Hongbin answered, calmer than he was feeling. Yuri's mouth dropped open, her gaze flickering from Hakyeon to Hongbin and back again. A scoff came out soon, and her hand went flying to Hongbin's face.

“You tricked me!” she screamed and ran out of the apartment before Hongbin had time to even say anything in response to her lie. If anything, she was the one who tricked him. It was obvious he wasn't interested and anytime he tried to bring up his relationship, Yuri would cut him off. She was the one to blame.

Hakyeon's scoff soon came after Yuri's. He was glaring into Hongbin as if he was some piece of trash, something he couldn't even stand. Hongbin gulped.

“Who was she? Why are you cheating on me? I thought you loved me.” Hakyeon gasped, tears b his eyes, ready to fall down his tan cheeks at any moment. Hongbin stepped closer to the older man, holding his hand out to comfort the crying one. Hakyeon stepped back quickly though, his harsh stare unfaltering, waiting patiently for Hongbin's answers.

“She was an old girlfriend of mine, Hakyeon. I don't like her anymore. I ran into her and she followed me home, then that happened. I don't care about her; I only love you.” Hongbin said, confidently, since it was all true, but Hakyeon's head shook quickly, his hands flying to hide his tear-stained face.

“You're lying.” Hakyeon choked out. At those words, Hongbin felt a stab at his heart, hurt that his boyfriend wouldn't believe him, even when every word he spoke was the absolute truth. Hongbin went toward Hakyeon again, wanting to just wrap his arms around the distraught Hakyeon, but the latter moved away again, pushing himself against the wall. Hongbin called out Hakyeon's name, meekly, but Hakyeon's only response was pushing Hongbin aside and running out the door. Hongbin stared after him, but his legs couldn't move, couldn't go after the only person he truly loved and he felt his own tears beginning to form.

 

Taekwoon pulled out the letters from the small mailbox attached to the front of the house. He quickly shuffled through them, not paying much attention to the return address written on the corner of each envelope. He quickly went back in side, mumbling to himself how cold it had gotten out. He trudged over to Soonkyu, who was sitting at the dining room table, reading a magazine. The letters fell in front of her, snapping her attention from what she was looking at.

“Oh,” she muttered, surprised.

“Just bills.” Taekwoon said, beginning to walk away, even if he didn't really know if it was just bills or not. Soonkyu rummaged through them, checking each closely, until one, green envelope struck her, catching her attention. She looked at the return address and she rolled her eyes. Jaehwan. Nevertheless, she tugged the paper open, pulling out the small, scribbled letter. She read over it, then gasped, once done, it falling to the ground like a feather.

“Taekwoon!” she called out, standing up and reaching for the fallen letter. Taekwoon, who had wandered into the kitchen, with his head stuck in the fridge, responded with a little grunt. Soonkyu ran into the kitchen, smiling and shoving the letter into Taekwoon's face, who took it and read it over once, than twice, to make sure what he was reading was true.

“He's leaving?” Taekwoon asked, quietly, but the enthusiasm in his voice was not missed.

“He's leaving.” Soonkyu beamed and the two hugged, overjoyed that the person who caused most of their problems was going to be leaving, going to be gone from their lives, forever maybe.

“How are we going to tell the twins?” Taekwoon finally asked, breaking the embrace the two held for a long while. Soonkyu sighed, pursing her lips and stepping back, looking away. The two kids would be heart-broken if they found out their father was leaving, even if Soonkyu tried her best to keep them away from him.

“Let's wait until we tell them, okay?” Soonkyu decided, at last. Taekwoon nodded, but was still worried about the kids he had begun to think of as his own after a while. “Don't worry. They're going to be fine, but, look, Jaehwan is leaving! We should celebrate.” Soonkyu exclaimed and Taekwoon's head bobbed up and down again. She was right; he shouldn't be worried at all. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it, “Let's go out, then.”

---

Anyway, the Hakyeon/Hongbin/Yuri issue will be more in the next couple chapters. Hm, well, bye-bye Jaehwan.