19.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Taekwoon was walking to Soonkyu's house when someone who he recognized, but really didn't want to speak to, appeared in front of him, smiling his smile Taekwoon knew to be wary of. He decided to avoid the man, not wanting to be interogated or bothered--he had better plans. Taekwoon pushed past him, but a voice stopped him.

"Where are you going?" Jaehwan's tone was something Taekwoon couldn't place, but it wasn't a nice tone of voice at all. Taekwoon turned around, his gaze hard and cold. His hatred toward Jaehwan suddenly grew.

"None of your business." Taekwoon spat, giving Jaehwan a look that could kill, if the saying was true. Jaehwan only smirked, stuffing his hands in his pockets and approaching Taekwoon. The latter wanted to slip away, ignore this jerk and forget about the run-in, but something was holding him back. Something, or more particularly, someone, called Soonkyu. If Jaehwan wanted to say something, do something, to Soonkyu, he would not allow it. Jaehwan wouldn't be able to hurt her again. 

"Are you going to see Soonkyu?" Jaehwan asked, raising a eyebrow in the process. Taekwoon stared at him. 

"Maybe. Why do you care?" Taekwoon snapped back, unaware of how angry he was growing. Each second he was around Jaehwan, he seemed to get even more angry. Jaehwan only shrugged, turning his head a bit to look at the street as a car raced by. His attention soon went back to Taekwoon as he opened his mouth to respond.

"Then she must have not told you." Jaehwan put in. He sounded so calm, but his words stirred something inside of Taekwoon. Told me what? 

"Huh?" Taekwoon only tilted his head slightly, watching Jaehwan closely. 

"Oh, well, only if you want to know." but Taekwoon wanted to know. He knew he shouldn't trust Jaehwan, but the younger one had put a seed of doubt in his mind, so he needed to know. 

"I want to."

"Well, Soonkyu and I are back together. Sorry I had to be the one to tell you." Jaehwan laughed, shrugging it off then heading in the direction Taekwoon was walking toward, to Soonkyu's house. Taekwoon was frozen in his spot, the words Jaehwan had said stuck in his mind. He didn't even know what to say, what to do, how to react. He was heartbroken and he was angry. He never wanted to see Soonkyu again, even if they ran into each other, he never wanted to even awknowledge her. Eventually, he got himself together and stormed away, back to his apartment, where he immediately deleted Soonkyu's phone number. He proceeded to sleep. He didn't feel like staying awake then.

 

Soonkyu stood up from the couch when she heard a knock on the door, expecting Taekwoon. They had planned for him to come over and the kids were excited about his visit too. They loved Taekwoon. He'd always treat them well and make sure they were happy, doing the same guestures to Soonkyu, who couldn't think of anyone better than Jung Taekwoon.

When she opened the front door, though, it was not Taekwoon who was standing there. Soonkyu frowned at her visitor, who only grinned, a mishcevious grin that Soonkyu knew all too well. She didn't need an introduction.

"What did you do, Jaehwan?" she demanded, her previously very happy tone dropping to an angry one. Jaehwan looked at her as if she had said something to hurt him, a fake kind of sadness roaming in his eyes.

"Baby, what makes you think I did something?" he cooed. At his words, Soonkyu felt her stomach churn, he was disgusting. 

"Where's Taekwoon?" she looked behind him, expecting the quiet man to come out, but knowing he would not. She was well aware of the tension between these two men, but she had no clue what Jaehwan had planned. She just knew Jaehwan had done something Taekwoon related.

"Oh, him! I ran into him on the way here. I told him about us and how we got back together and--" the door was slammed in his face. He could hear yelling on the other side and he began banging on the door, shouting for Soonkyu to hear him out. He knocked in vain.

 

Joohyun beamed at the reflection in the mirror. Her hair was wavy and thrown over her shoulder, her lips bright red and her make-up spot on. The dress she was wearing was a short, black dress, but it seemed perfect for an evening gown, perfect for a restaurant date. Sanghyuk had called her only a few minutes before, making sure she was still coming. Though they knew each other for a very little amount of time, Joohyun felt like she could trust this young kid. 

He was taking her to a fancy place, somewhere where he said he used to go a lot, for reasons unknown to her. She didn't care that she didn't know these reasons, she figured it wasn't her business. She grabbed her phone, just in case she needed to call anyone, her keys and walked quickly out the door, locking it behind her. Her heels clicked as she made her way down the hall, past Sanghyuk's apartment and wondered if he had already made it downstairs. She smiled as she rode the elevator, hoping for a good second chance. Since her and Hakyeon didn't work out, she wished someone else would come, and maybe, just maybe, Sanghyuk was the one.

He was already waiting outside the building when she arrived. He was wearing a clean, well-fitted suit and his hair was shifted to the side by the slightest bit, covering his forehead. She bowed to him when she first approached, squeaking out a small hello, and he returning the greeting, but with much more enthusiasm. 

"Miss Joohyun, are you ready?" he asked, holding out his arm to her. She giggled quietly, thinking about how well-mannered this boy was. So far, she was impressed.

"Just call me Joohyun," she responded, but gave a nod to his question. They started on their way, Sanghyuk promising the walk wouldn't be long. He didn't want her legs to hurt from the high heels. When they soon arrived at the large eatery, Joohyun knew it was going to be a good night.