25.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Joohyun was honestly shocked when Sanghyuk confessed to her about never going to an amusement park before. He seemed like the kind of guy who would live there, practically. She didn't really enjoy amusement parks much more, especially as she got older--she found them loud and dirty, not fun and the rides were scary to her. However, when she was a young girl, she loved them, so she decided she'd take Sanghyuk out to the amusement park and show him a good time. She'd be lying if she said she didn't want to be there, and would rather spend her time somwehere else, but she knew Sanghyuk would enjoy it, so she allowed herself to go.

Sanghyuk eyes' grew when he entered the park, watching the roller-coaster in the distance, the cart rolling down and people screaming. His head spun around, taking in everything, wondering where he would like to go first. Joohyun watched him, smiling to herself, thinking he was cute looking this excited.

"Noona," he called to her, grabbing her hand and tugging her near the arcade. The hand holding was not unfamiliar to her, but a cold shiver went up her back when their skin touched, the good kind of cold shiver, though.

The arcade was crowded, but Sanghyuk soon got her to the dancing game, which was, much to Joohyun's surprise, empty. He looked at her expectanly and she knew he wanted to participate in the game.

"Oh, Sanghyuk, I'm not a good dancer. You can do it yourself." she blushed, moving her gaze to her shifting feet. She felt Sanghyuk squeeze her hand, comforting her and saying, "I'm not either, but it'll be fun. Come on." She finally agreed and when the game started, Joohyun was shocked at how big of a lie were the words Sanghyuk had said.

He was an amazing dancer, while she fumbled around. Sanghyuk would admit nothing, though.

 

It had been two hours and the couple was tired from riding almost ever ride in the park. Sanghyuk had rushed around, pushing through people and pulling Joohyun along behind him, but she still had more fun that she had had in years. Sanghyuk had some way of doing this, making everything seem much better than it actually was, especially to her.

As they were exciting the park, ice cream clutched tightly in both of their hands, Sanghyuk stopped Joohyun, turning her toward him. She stared into his brown eyes, blinking and wondering why he had stopped all of a sudden.

"Will you be my girlfriend now?" he asked, a common question to her at this point. She chuckled, turning back forward and walking, muttering out a "maybe." That was enough for Sanghyuk. He linked his arm with her and they walked back to the apartment building together.

 

Hongbin hurried to the small mart, fixing the collar of his jacket as the cold wind chill drifted through the air. He shivered, but continued on, knowing he'd starve the rest of the week if he didn't get some food for himself, just to keep in the house. He pushed open the small glass door at the shop, waving at Taekwoon who was leaning over the counter, reading a magazine. The quiet man waved back, but soon got back to the article that had caught his attention. Hongbin didn't waste time to talk, he didn't feel like talking much anyway.

The ramen caught his eyes and he moved swiftly to that section, picking out package after package of cup ramen. He really needed a lot of food. Just as he was about to stand up, carrying the numerous ramens in his arms, someone cleared their throat behind him. One of the red cups fell out of his hands as he jumped in surprise, turning around and meeting gazes with someone he was least expecting to see. An inaudible gasp escaped his lips.

"Yuri, oh my god." he pushed out, not wanting to stay too long with the girl who had broken his heart in high school.

"Hongbin, you look great!" she complimented, and he thanked her, greeting her, but being very wary. They had had a short fling in high school, but after he learned that he was one to lean toward men and she was cheating on him, they broke up and never spoke again. He had never expected to see her ever again, but he was then proven wrong, as he was standing directly in front of her. "How are you doing?" she smiled. Hongbin tried to read the expression that laced her eyes, but he couldn't pinpoint a specific emotion.

"Good," he said after a pause, then began to excuse himself, picking up the dropped ramen and moving his way to the counter, where Taekwoon was sighing, bored. He grabbed a few things on his way up, as Yuri continued to talk to him, telling him everything that happened since they had seperated, laughing. He didn't return the mirth, but he would ocassionally nod or add an "uh huh" into the conversation. She didn't seem to mind his lack of words, not noticing he wasn't much enjoying her company at all.

When they got to the counter, Hongbin pulled out his wallet, trying to mutter something to Taekwoon, but Yuri's voice stopped him from doing so. She chatted on, in her own little world, unknowing to the looks that Taekwoon and Hongbin were sending her way. Hongbin paid, grabbed the bag and headed toward the door, taking notice that Yuri didn't buy anything, rather just talking to him.

"Yuri, I need to get going. It was great seeing you again," he hoped his lie wasn't too obvious. "But, I really need to head home. See you around." Hongbin gave her a little wave, heading in the direction of his apartment building. He felt a small, thin hand grab onto his wrist and he mentally cursed himself for not moving faster to get away from his ex-girlfriend.

"I'll walk you home!" she beamed. Hongbin agreed, not wanting to seem rude, but in his head, he was very upset with his words of approval. As they walked to Hongbin's place together, Yuri managed to turn the conversation to Hongbin, asking him question after question about his life, but not allowing for very intricate answers.

Hongbin, once at the building, once again attempted to get rid of the girl he now labelled as a "leech." She insisted to ride up with him, claiming she still has catching up to do with him, much against his disagreements (which were worded nicely, but he wasn't feeling very nice. Being around this girl made him feel dirty and upset).

Things began getting uncomfortable for Hongbin once the two entered the elevator. Yuri moved closer to Hongbin with each floor, until she was clinging onto his arm. He stood, absolutely still, staring at the door and trying to distract his brain, moving his thoughts to Hakyeon, who he knew would be waiting for him in the apartment. His boyfriend would definitely make him feel better. Actually, now that he thought about it, Yuri had no clue he was dating someone, so maybe, that's why she was being so clingy to him--

"Hongbin, this is your floor, right?" Yuri's voice cut through his thoughts. He looked at the number on the elevator and she was right, it was his floor. He didn't even try to tell her off this time, as she walked with him until he reached his door. He brought his keys to the lock, his hands shaking slightly. He didn't want Hakyeon to see him with this girl. He didn't like this girl and he knew Hakyeon would not either. As he opened his mouth, and the door, Yuri threw herself at him, connecting their lips. Hongbin's bag dropped and he fell backwards into his apartment, colliding with the floor, creating a loud sound.

"Hongbin, you're-- oh." he heard Hakyeon's voice behind him. Yuri continued kissing him as he struggled beneath her. "God, sorry." Hongbin could hear the tears in the elder's voice and he could feel his own b.

---

Yay for long scandalous chapters.