24.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Hongbin can only see black, as his face in hidden deep into the couch, where his groans are muffled. He doesn't hear as Hakyeon approaches him, but he does feel it when the elder sits on his back, earning an even bigger sound of annoyance at the action. Hongbin squirms under the weight, but Hakyeon is stubborn and doesn't plan on moving anytime soon. Worried words rush out of his mouth.

"Hongbin, what's wrong?"

Hongbin would answer him, but considering he is too tired to move and his boyfriend is smashing him into the couch, he can't really. Hakyeon knows, however, what is wrong--he just wanted to be absolutely positive. Hongbin opened his mouth, about to respond, when he closed it again. He would sound like such a baby, being stressed over something so small.

"The results of the test came in the mail." Hongbin finally said, after a moment of silence. Hakyeon nodded, then moved himself off of the younger man. He was right about what Hongbin was worrying about. Hakyeon, earlier that day, had gotten his own results, and he didn't want to brag, but he did very well in all of his classes, passing them all. He was sure Hongbin was about the same, considering the latter was a very bright student. Hakyeon pulled Hongbin off of the couch, over to the small table where the letter from the school lay. Hongbin stared at the letter as Hakyeon held it out to him, as if to say, "What is that?"

"Open it." Hakyeon suggested. Hongbin shook his head. He didn't want to see how horribly he failed on all of the exams. He didn't want to know. Hakyeon's left eyebrow shot up, making Hongbin only purse his lips more and shake his head again. "Come on, Binnie, I got mine. I opened it and I did a lot better than I expected." if expecting high grades was what Hakyeon was talking about, then yes, but both of the men knew he was lying just to make Hongbin feel better.

"You open it." Hongbin muttered, scared. Hakyeon nodded, sliding his finger across the top of the letter and ripping it open with a loud sound. Hongbin watched, expressionless, ready to hear Hakyeon tell him he failed, but those words never came.

"Hongbin!" Hakyeon turned to Hongbin, his eyes lit up and full of happiness, mixed with pride. Hongbin blinked, Why would he be happy that I failed? "You passed all of your classes!" Hakyeon exclaimed and Hongbin for a second thought he was joking, but when nothing else came from his mouth, Hongbin's dropped open.

"Really?" he grabbed the letter from Hakyeon's hands, scanning over the grades, his smile growing bigger as he went on. He had actually done it. He had finished college, gotten good grades in it and now, he could do whatever he wanted. He jumped toward his boyfriend, throwing his arms around the shorter one's neck. Hakyeon wrapped his arms around Hongbin's waist, mumbling a "congratulations" into his neck. Hongbin could hardly hold his excitement in, so he began crying. Tears of joy streamed down his milky cheek, in which, Hakyeon soon wiped off with his thumb. He watched Hongbin's lit up face, dimples and all.

"Hey, let's go celebrate." Hakyeon suggested. Hongbin nodded quickly, knowing exactly what Hakyeon meant, judging by the smile on his face. Hakyeon grabbed Hongbin's hand and they walked into their room together, the door slamming shut behind them.

 

Soonkyu looked up at the cat-shaped sign, a small gasp escaping her lips. Taekwoon, who was standing beside her, smile down, watching as his new girlfriend wiggled with excitement. She grabbed onto his arm, jumping up and down.

"A cat cafe? Really, Taekwoon?" she squealed. Taekwoon only nodded as an answer, but Soonkyu hardly even noticed, pulling the man into the enterance and down the hall to where a man was standing. He greeted them with a wide smile and waited for Taekwoon to pay to get into the small, very cutesy cafe, closed off by a glass door. Soonkyu was the first in and even if Taekwoon loved cats with a strong intensity, his excitement was nothing compared to hers.

They choose a small booth in the back of the cafe, tucked comfortably in a corner, near a cat-tree. Many cats of all sizes, shapes and patterns are running around, fighting, playing or doing a little bit of both. Taekwoon's eyes light up when a small, black and white cat jumps up on their table, meowing. His hand shoots out to pet it, sctratching it behind it's ear. Soonkyu watches, smiling to herself and wondering if Minjun and Minhee would mind if they adopted a kitten.

After a few words were exchanged between the couple (Taekwoon was more focused on the cat who he soon found out was named Oreo), Soonkyu ordered some food. The menu was short, but appealing and she bought quite a lot. The table, once all the food was delivered, was filled and there was no place for Oreo to stand, much to Taekwoon's disappointment.

However, even in front of food, Taekwoon is more focused on the cats. Soonkyu watches him, chewing on a pastry that had been sitting on her plate.

"Taekwoon, do you like the cats more than me?" she asks, jokingly. Taekwoon looks at her, then at the long haired cat that in rolling around not far from them.

"It's about the same." he responds, earning a loud laugh from Soonkyu.

 

Soonkyu and Taekwoon are late in coming home that night, considering the cat cafe was playing a movie and Taekwoon just had to stay to see it. Soonkyu knew he just wanted to be around the cats a few hours longer. Soonkyu had notified the babysitter and payed her when they arrived back--the twins fell asleep quickly, so the job was quite simple for the young girl in charge of watching them.

"It's late, do you want to sleep over?" Soonkyu offered, standing next to Taekwoon by the door. He looked down at Soonkyu, his mind trying to figure out the answer. He finally decided on yes, since he wasn't ready to say goodbye to Soonkyu just yet. Not to mention, he had the day off, so why not spend the day at his girlfriend's house.

They both fell asleep quickly, too tired from the day's activities to do anything else.

 

"Minhee, why is Uncle Taekwoon sleeping with mommy?" Minjun asked, when the two had influtrated their mother's bedroom in the morning to wake her up. They were met with a big surprise, however. Minhee, who had walked up beside he brother, looked over at the bed, curiously. She pouted and gave a shrug. She poked her mother, attempting to wake the woman up. It worked, as Soonkyu's eyes flew open, scared something had happened. When she saw the twins staring at her, she got confused, wondering why they were there.

She opened to say good morning, when they cut her off, chiming at the same time.

"Why is Uncle Taekwoon there?" Soonkyu turned to look at the sleeping figure next to here and gasped, totally forgetting he had slept ovee the night before. She hadn't even had the chance to tell the kids she was dating him then. They looked at her expectanly, as if she had every answer in the world. She breathed in a sigh, unsure how to state it.

"Well, we're dating now." she said, quieter than she wanted it to be, but Minhee and Minjun still heard it. They exchanged glances, in shock.

"Does that make him daddy now?" Minhee piped in. Soonkyu swallowed.

"Almost." at this, the twins cried out in joy, jumping up and down together. Soonkyu watched them curiously, before they ran out of the room and down the stairs, out of sight. Soonkyu chuckled, then went to go wake Taekwoon up, having a good feeling about that day.

---

Sorry I haven't update in a while and my chapters are so short! I'll try to make them longer now. Thank you all my supporters, though! I never even expected this story to get anywhere near what it has. Thank you again. <3