18.

a day in the park [cancelled]

A quick kiss was planted on Hongbin's cheek. He chuckled, his dimples growing deeper with his smile, his arms wrapping around Hakyeon's waist as he gave the older's lips a kiss, before some kid who had just walked in shouted, "Get a room!" Hongbin pulled back, a light blush appearing on his cheeks. Hakyeon only laughed, picking up his books and stuffing them into his bag. Hongbin leaned back into the chair he was seated in, looking around the generally empty library of the university.

"You know," Hakyeon started, catching Hongbin's attention, who looked up at his boyfriend. "We really should get a room." his comment was accompainied by a sultry wink, making Hongbin gasp, kicking the tan one under the table. Hakyeon just cackled, but clutched his leg, hiding the pain that shot through it with loud laughter. Hongbin just shook his head. They had come to study for their final tests, but Hakyeon was being quite distracting, making it hard for Hongbin to even focus on the words in the books. Every three seconds, he'd feel a hand on his arm, thigh, hand, or any other place Hakyeon could reach from his spot. Eventually, after many protests, Hongbin got him to stop.

"I really need to continue studying, hyung. You can go." Hongbin sat back up, pulling out a blank sheet of paper and scribbling something onto it. Hakyeon just pouted and watched him.

"You're no fun, Binnie." Hakyeon sighed, his chin resting on his hands as he watched his boyfriend read and write notes. Hongbin just ignored the words that tumbled from Hakyeon's mouth. If he didn't do well on that test, he would have to re-do the class and he really didn't want to do that. However, the things written for him to read hardly made it in his brain; he was too distracted by... someone breathing on him?

"Dammit, hyung!" Hongbin shouted, earning some shushing sounds from others who were scattered around the library. Hakyeon had an innocent look on his face, though he was anything but. Hongbin squinted his eyes, focusing on Hakyeon, who puffed out his cheeks cutely. "Don't you need to study too?" Hongbin asked, his left eyebrow going up. Hakyeon shook his head, but he was lying. He had a big book he needed to look at, but he had hardly gotten to page ten, not even close to where he needed to be, but he'd rather bother his cute partner. 

Hongbin sighed once again, turning his attention back to the workbook. Luckily for him, for the first five minutes Hakyeon didn't do anything, but that was until boredom attacked. Hongbin would hear the other whisper to him, asking him for help with something or another, but of course, he just ignored the requests, until he was pinched in the arm.

"Ow, hyung!" Hongbin whined. He was getting a bit upset, considering he really needed to study and he knew damn well Hakyeon did too. 

"Hongbin," Hakyeon whined back, mocking Hongbin's upset voice. Hongbin shut his book loudly, stuffing his papers into his bag along with his book then stood up with a loud huff. Hakyeon looked proud with himself for getting Hongbin to stop studying. He bounced up and over to the now-very-annoyed Hongbin. He grabbed the younger's arm but was pushed away. Hakyeon's smile fell off as he watched Hongbin's eyebrows furrow. 

"I'm going home." Hongbin said then started to the enterance. Hakyeon ran after him, calling his name, but his attempts were futile: Hongbin wasn't about to say anything in return. Hakyeon walked back to Hongbin's apartment with him, staying behind him and not even letting out a peep. He wanted so badly to apologize, but he knew Hongbin wouldn't hear it, he was too upset. 

Hongbin opened the door to the apartment after sharing an awkward elevator ride up to his floor. Hakyeon slipped inside the room before Hongbin could say anything and stood in the middle, watching Hongbin, who carried his bag all the way to his bedroom, then locked the door. Hakyeon sat outside of it for half an hour before it opened, to reveal a tired looking Hongbin. Black circles lay under his eyes as he looked down at Hakyeon.

"Sorry." he mumbled, to which Hakyeon responded with his own apology. Hongbin squatted down and hugged his hyung, pulling him close so he could inhale his smell he had become so used to. To him, it was weird considering just a week ago, they had just been friends, doing friend things and not even aware of each other's feelings. Now, they were almost living together, spending most of the time out of school in the other's apartments.

The two ended up falling asleep on the small bed, their arms wrapped around each other, their bodies almost seeming as one, while they drifted into a deep slumber. 

 

Soonkyu's head was leaning on Taekwoon's shoulder as they sat on an uncomfortable bench, watching the children play at the playground. Minhee was chasing another little girl who had big ponytails and a pink shirt. They seemed to be getting along well and Soonkyu hoped Minhee would make a friend. Minjun was climbing on the play set before running to the swings and going back and forth repeatedly, a large smile on his face. Taekwoon watched them closely, his eyes darting back and forth, making sure each of them were in his line of vision. Soonkyu was about to fall asleep, her eyes shutting and opening continuously. 

"Sleep." she heard Taekwoon, and nodded her head. She would take a little rest while the kids play, trusting Taekwoon to watch the kids and make sure they were okay. Over the past week, Taekwoon had come to visit, caring for the kids and all the while, their relationship growing rather quickly. Taekwoon wasn't sure what made him beginning liking Soonkyu so much, but he enjoyed her company, especially better than Hakyeon's or anyone elses. She wasn't bothering him every five seconds and she respected his personality and self. He really appreciated that.

Taekwoon's thoughts were cut off when Minhee came running up to him, showing his something she had found on the playground. He listened to her closely and interested, watching her as she showed him the object. By now, although the twins still wanted to see their dad once in a while, they had taken a huge liking to Taekwoon, who, to them, was a very good father. Soonkyu was lucky he loved kids, indeed. 

It was lunch time and Taekwoon gently awoke Soonkyu, who was in a deep sleep she hadn't planned on taking. She held Minhee's hand and Taekwoon had Minjun's as they walked to the restaurant. If someone who didn't know them, saw them, they would be shocked to find out the truth about this small family.