17.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Jaehwan trudged back to his apartment building, which coincidentally, or maybe not so, was close to Soonkyu's street. He hadn't known that when he had first bought the place, but when he did find out, he decided that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing. The pros seemed to increase the more the two ran into each other, especially now that Jaehwan met the twins and would love to see them more often.

Sure, he was trying to get back and close to Soonkyu, maybe pulling out some kind of revenge for how she left him, kicked him out of her life, but spending time with the twins was even more important. Maybe, if he got close to them, just maybe, Soonkyu would realize he was a "changed" man and let him back into his life. That seemed perfect, but the more he thought about it, Taekwoon seemed like a bigger problem than he needed. If he got rid of that man, it would make everything easier. 

It seemed like his last attempt to remove Taekwoon didn't work, so as he sat laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, he thought of all the ways he could steal Soonkyu back. He didn't want to see her with that cashier, it was him who he should be with.

He wanted him and her, with the twins, to be a happy family. But the way he was planning it, happy wasn't part of the equation.

 

A knock on the door pulled Joohyun up off the couch. She guessed it was some kind of solicitor, because usually no one came to her door, unless it was something important. She went to answer it, though, hoping that the bell-hop hadn't let any sellers into the building to offer useless crap to people. When she opened the door, she was surprised to find a smiling, baby-faced boy standing there, holding a box of some kind. She waited for him to start talking. 

"Hello, Miss. I'm Sanghyuk! I just moved in next door and I was hoping we could be friends." his voice was cheery, overly excited over greeting new neighbors. Joohyun managed to smile, her emotions lifted at this very happy kid. "I made some cookies for you." he held out the box. Joohyun took it and thanked him. "Wow," Sanghyuk suddenly gasped, looking at Joohyun, who raised an eyebrow. 

"What?" she asked quietly, clutching tightly to the box of cookies.

"You're so pretty. What's your name?" Sanghyuk watched her closely, his wide mouth turning into a small smile. Joohyun felt a blush creep up her cheeks and she giggled lightly, hiding as she did so.

"Oh, thank you, Sanghyuk-sshi. My name is Joohyun." she introduced herself, bowing a bit. 

"Such a pretty name as well." Sanghyuk complimented. Joohyun wanted to hit him, she was growing so embarrassed.

"Stop it, wow." she whispered, not even trying to make eye-contact with her new neighbor. He seemed like quite the ladies man even if he looked like he was a young kid. She guessed he was older, but he sure didn't have that view. 

"Miss Joohyun, please tell me you're single. I would like to take you out on a date." Sanghyuk smiled, nodding, his hands hanging by his side and his eyes turned up, smiling themselves. Joohyun watched him. It would be odd to accept a date from this random kid whom she had just met, but it wouldn't hurt, right? He seemed nice enough and she didn't have anyone else to go out on dates with--Hakyeon was with Hongbin now--so, she agreed, saying she'd meet Sanghyuk outside the building that friday night. Sanghyuk looked like he just won the jackpot when he left and Joohyun ate his cookies quickly, quite impressed and maybe glad she had met this new neighbor. 

She ended up calling Hongbin out of instinct and telling him about Sanghyuk. He seemed more than excited for her, but she could tell he was thinking about something else while they were speaking. They hung up quickly and Joohyun went to bed, her mind going back and forth, deciding if this outing with Sanghyuk was a good idea, or a bad one.

Maybe both. She hoped it was a good one. After all, she did need something that would cheer her up. Maybe Sanghyuk would help her out of the slump. She ended up falling asleep with a smile on her face.

---

Okay, so we're introduced to Sanghyuk here. FINALLY!! Also, we get a small look into Jaehwan's mind, but we'll maybe see that more often. Soonkyu and Bin are going to come back in the next chapter more, of course. I just decided to bring in some of the secondary characters and see what is going on in their mind. Bye now!!