07.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Hongbin tapped the table, staring down at his half empty coffee. After drinking most of it, he felt much better than he had that morning. Right then, he was waiting for Wonshik to come. The man had asked him to meet him there and Hongbin was wondering where he was. The meet-up was scheduled for four, but it was almost five now. Hongbin leaned back in his chair and let out a long breath of air. The place smelled like pastries and coffee. He'd never been there before, so he had a little trouble finding it, especially because it was nestled in between two huge buildings.

The door bell rang and Hongbin looked up. It was Wonshik. He waved his hand at his friend, who moved quickly over to Hongbin's table, taking the chair across from him. Wonshik had an enormous smile on his face and Hongbin couldn't remember the last time he saw Wonshik smile that big.

"Hey, Bin." Wonshik greeted. Hongbin nodded, not sure why Wonshik suddenly gave him this nickname.

"Hey," 

"Last night was fun, huh?" Wonshik asked, holding onto a menu, looking through it. Hongbin nodded once more. Norebangs were always fun, in his opinion.

"I love norebangs, you know that." Hongbin chuckled, taking another sip from his coffee. Wonshik looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"You must've been really drunk if you only remember that." Wonshik said. Hongbin put down his coffee in confusion, not sure what Wonshik was talking about. Wonshik must've caught on, so he continued. "You don't remember what happened after?" Hongbin shook his head. A slight blush grew on Wonshik's face. He could only mutter out an, "Oh."

Hongbin leaned forward, staring at Wonshik who had returned his attention to the menu. Hongbin had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. What did they do that Wonshik wouldn't speak about?

"Wonshik-hyung, what did we do?" Hongbin demanded, not taking his eyes off Wonshik. Wonshik only smiled at Hongbin, then leaned over and whispered in his ear. Hongbin collapsed in his chair, his eyes wide and his mouth agape. Wonshik watched him, a concerned look on his face as he watched his friend.

"Should I have told you that?" he muttered, more to himself than Hongbin, who was still frozen in shock. Hongbin reached to take a sip of his coffee, but only ended up choking on it. 

"Are you lying to me?" Hongbin asked quickly, his eyes still wide. Wonshik shook his head. Hongbin didn't know what to say. He couldn't believe he did that with Wonshik, one of his close friends. It was unspeakable and he didn't even like Wonshik that way. If anything it would be Hakyeon, but he couldn't think about that now. He started drilling Wonshik with questions, since he was the only one who remembered. "How did it happen?"

"Well, we, um, we went back to my place, since you were too drunk to walk home yourself. Then, we started talking and next thing I knew, you were sitting in my lap and..." Wonshik trailed off, his face looking as red as a tomato. Hongbin didn't need to hear more. He put his head in his hands and groaned.

"We can't talk about this. We were drunk and out of our sane minds." Hongbin mummured and Wonshik nodded, though he was a bit disappointed. He, though drunk, but only a bit, actually enjoyed it and he somehow wished Hongbin had too. But it seemed the latter had not; he couldn't even remember it. Wonshik gave a short, quick sigh before saying he better get going. Hongbin didn't protest and let him leave, still thinking hard about what happened, his heart beating wildly.

 

"!" Joohyun screamed, making Hongbin jump in surprise. He thanked God that they weren't in public, or they would've gotten quite a few looks. 

"Yes, don't tell anyone though. I don't even know how it happened. I was so drunk." 

"Oh my god, Hongbin. So, what Hakyeon said is right!" she gaspsed, throwing her hands over . Hongbin raised an eyebrow.

"What did he say?"

"That you and Wonshik are," she leaned over to Hongbin and whispered into his ear. He listened closely. "In love." she finished and Hongbin frowned. He shook his head quickly. Was Hakyeon ing around? Of course he wasn't in love with Wonshik. Joohyun just stared at him, still surprised.

"What the hell?" Hongbin cursed. "I'm not in love with Wonshik. I'm in love with someone else." Hongbin let slip and by the look on Joohyun's face, he knew he wouldn't be able to leave without telling her who he was in love with first.

"Who?" she demanded, grabbing onto his arm, staring holes into his face. He sighed and looked down at his lap. He didn't want to admit anything, especially to Joohyun, who was quite fond of Hakyeon and vise versa. He decided to try and distract himself, stall a bit. He looked around Joohyun's small apartment, trying to find something to talk about instead of this, anything but this. She noticed his wandering eyes. "Don't try to change the subject, Lee Hongbin. Who is it?" she asked, harsher this time. He sighed. There was no getting out of it now.

"I'm in love with... Hakyeon." Hongbin squeaked out, shutting his eyes tightly shut. He heard Joohyun gasp and her grip on him disappear. He heard her mutter something about this being unbelieveable and he heard her run off into another room. He opened his eyes and sighed for the nth time that day. Everything was falling apart. 

---

:)))))))) 

Anyway! I'll write more about Sunny in the next chapter. This one is very Hongbin-centric, indeed.