22.

a day in the park [cancelled]

"Bye!" Soonkyu waved to her children as they walked, hand-in-hand, into the school, ready for another day of learning. She watched them until they disappeared and at that point, she turned around and began walking, slowly but very surely. It's not a long walk from her house and it's a gorgeous day, so why not walk? Plus, she needed a bit of excersise anyway.

The sound of her ringtone went off and turned her attention from her walk to her cell phone. She didn't bother to remove it from her pocket, thinking it to be either Hongbin or Joohyun. She knew Hongbin had finals that day, so maybe he had texted her to complain, or Joohyun to tell all about her date with Sanghyuk. Either way, she told herself it could wait until she got back home. 

She walked quickly up the steps to her door and opened it, throwing her purse at the table beside the enterance and flopping onto the couch, breathing out a tired sigh. She pulled out her phone, at last, opening up then gasping when seeing who the contact was. Not Hongbin. Not Joohyun. But Taekwoon. Jung Taekwoon. She clicked the message quickly, unsure what it could be about, but hoping it wasn't too late for her to respond (she did take her sweet time walking home that day). The message was short and straight to the point, oozing Taekwoon, as he was just that. He asked for her forgiveness, apologizing for not believing her when he knew he should have. He also questioned if he could take her out, just on a small date, nothing too special. For him, maybe, but not Soonkyu. She was overjoyed that it was Taekwoon who asked for this. She had seriously thought she would never see him again. 

Her response is a quick, yes. Her anger, sadness, is immediately gone, too happy to even remember how she was feeling in the first place toward him. She swoops upstairs, her feet moving quickly around her room as she looks for something simple, yet formal, enough. She didn't want to look like someone she'd find on the streets.

With her outfit picked out and worn, she heads out, moving quicker than she was half an hour ago, since this time, she had somewhere she needs to be. 

 

Taekwoon gave a smile to Soonkyu when he saw she had entered. The place he invited her to was a small, eatery above a shop. It was quaint and warm, giving a welcoming feeling the minute someone would step into it. Taekwoon would come there with Hakyeon many times, so he was familar with it and very fond of it. On tiring days, he'd wander there to study or just sip some coffee while staring out the window at the passerbyers. It was nice to him. So, that's where, he thought, he'd bring Soonkyu. He hoped she'd like it, especially since it was the perfect place to sit and talk. 

"Hi, Taekwoon." Soonkyu said, seating herself across from Taekwoon at the table he was waiting at. He had a large coffee in front of him, almost half empty, so he'd been there for a bit already. "Maybe I should tell you what happened." Soonkyu started without warning, catching Taekwoon off-guard, since he was about to speak. "Jaehwan came to my house the other day, acting as if we were back together. I told him we weren't and slammed the door on him. He left, leaving me to think this would be the last time I heard from him for a while, but no. The other day I ran into him and he did the exact same thing. I told him how I felt and punched him, because, I'm in love with someone else. I have no feelings toward him anymore." Soonkyu stopped herself, her gaze finding it's way to her hands, which were tangled together.

"I love you, Soonkyu." Taekwoon confessed. Soonkyu's head snapped back up, staring at the man sitting in front of her, his face filled with worry at what her reaction would be. Sure, they had acted like an unofficial couple for a long while, but never had he said anything like that. Soonkyu could feel her heart beating quickly as she responded, her voice hardly a whisper, "I love you too."

Taekwoon's lips curved into a bigger smile, his eyes forming cresents. He opened his mouth again, but the words he wanted to say weren't coming out. He couldn't even piece together anything as he stared at Soonkyu, so amazed that someone like her, would love someone like him. Finally, though, he got his courage together and blurted out the words he had been planning all that time.

"Lee Soonkyu, will you be my girlfriend?"

Soonkyu's head nodded without her even realizing it.