01.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Hongbin stretched, his body just waking up from a long nap that ended up being three hours when he only wanted one. He rolled himself up in the white sheets and groaned, wishing he didn't sleep that long, since now, he didn't even feel like getting out of bed. He sat up, nonetheless and got out of the comfy place he had been laying for hours.

His cell phone started to ring. He took a glance at it and smiled at the contact.

"Hey, hyung." he spoke, putting his phone in between his cheek and shoulder, while trying to grab the cereal in the cupboard. He did get the box of breakfast food, but it fell to the floor and spilled, making him sigh lightly.

"Hongbin, are you doing anything today?" Hakyeon's voice on the other end asked. Hakyeon had been Hongbin's long time friend. They've known each other since elementary school. Hongbin would be lying if he said he didn't have a small crush on Hakyeon, but he knew the latter didn't return his feelings, so it was just a one-sided love story.

"Not particularly." Hongbin responded, going to sweep up the corn flakes that now littered the floor. He was planning on heading to the park to take pictures like he did every weekend, but if Hakyeon wanted to do something, then he wouldn't mind it at all. 

"Cool. I'll be over in ten." Hakyeon said and quickly hung up. Hongbin looked down at himself and gasped. He looked like a total mess, not to mention, so did the kitchen. He quickly ran into his room and got dressed, trying to find something that at least made him look like he's been up for hours. His hair needed fixing too, so he scurried about, fixing his hair, fixing the mess, fixing everything up for Hakyeon. He sighed. Man, he really did like Hakyeon. 

After twenty minutes, Hakyeon arrived. He smiled when Hongbin opened the door, and the latter's heart fluttered. He told himself to stop, since Hakyeon didn't even like him like that, but it still fluttered anyway. 

"Hey, Binnie," Hongbin smiled at the nickname Hakyeon had given him. It always made him smile even if the nickname was given to him when they were in high school, years ago. Hongbin returned the greeting, welcoming Hakyeon into his home. Immediately, Hakyeon plopped himself on the couch, his body covering the whole piece of furniture. Hongbin's eyes followed him and he couldn't help but stare.

"Let's do something." Hakyeon suggested.

"What?"

"I don't know," Hakyeon stood up and grabbed Hongbin's wrist. The younger one flinched at the touch. He shouldn't have, since Hakyeon touched him all the time, but he was a bit too focused on how much he liked his friend that day. "Let's just head out and see where we end up." Hakyeon said, pulling Hongbin out the door.

 

Soonkyu laughed as Minjun started jumping at the door, yelling at his mother to hurry up, because he really wanted to go to the park today. She wouldn't blame him, since honestly, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and even if the sun was shining, the tempurature wasn't insanely hot. Minhee, Soonkyu's daughter, wasn't as excited as her brother was, but she still enjoyed the park. She liked all the dogs that were there on a daily basis. 

Soonkyu checked to make sure that she had everything she needed and loaded up the bag she carried. She opened the door and her kids hurried out.

"Guys, wait for me!" she called out as she locked the door behind her, then walked quickly as she went to catch up with the twins. Both were now seven, and boy, were they quite the pieces of work. She loved them nonetheless, even if they did make her want to send them to her friend's house for a week so she could sleep. She supposed, though, that's how kids were supposed to make her feel. 

The three rode the elevator down to the first floor, the twins arguing about something or another. She just laughed lightly, watching them, her eyes filled with love.

When the door opened, they scurried out, making her have to run and catch up with them.

"Minhee. Minjun. Don't run away from mommy, alright?"

"Okay!" they chorused and they began the five minute walk to the park down the street.

 

"Take a picture of me." Hakyeon posed, sticking his hip out and throwing his hands in the air. Hongbin laughed and snapped a quick photo. Hakyeon returned to his normal posture beside Hongbin on a bench. They had ended up at the park anyway, after eating lunch at a small diner across the way. Hakyeon demanded they stop and get ice cream too, but Hongbin didn't want one, so the older got a giant one for himself. Hongbin didn't mind when Hakyeon said he wouldn't share. He just hoped his friend was having a good time. 

Hakyeon's attention suddenly went to a little girl who had run up to the two men. She was interested in Hongbin's camera which was held around his neck. He smiled. He was never good with kids, but he tried his best when running into one.

"Oh, you like it?" he asked, his voice low. He was careful with it as he showed it to her, scared that she might break it in one quick move. 

"Where's her parents?" Hakyeon asked, looking around. Hongbin just shrugged, watching the girl carefully as she got touchy with his camera. Suddenly, a scream of "Minhee!" broke all of their's attention. The little girl looked up then ran off, yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!" Hongbin only shrugged again.

"Kids are weird." Hakyeon commented, his vanilla ice cream. Hongbin took a quick, secret photo. The little girl, who they both guessed was named Minhee, returned, pulling her mother and a little boy who looked just like her, along with her. The two men blinked, confused.

"Mommy. He's the man with the pretty camera!" she said, pointing directly at Hongbin, whose eyes widened at the sudden attention. He heard Hakyeon snicker beside him and he punched his friend in the arm. Hakyeon rubbed his injury and pouted, glaring daggers at Hongbin who just ignored him. 

"I'm sorry for Minhee. She keeps running away and oh, god." the mother chuckled. Hongbin smiled down at Minhee who was reaching for his camera again.

"It's no problem at all, Ms. I really don't--" he gasped when he looked up, recognizing the woman's face. She just smiled, obviously unaware. Hongbin gulped. He needed to go. Now.