21.

a day in the park [cancelled]

The restaurant was filled with consistant chatter, from both the costumers and the employees. The place wasn't too crowded, thankfully, or too loud, so the pair could hear what the other decided to say. They stood near the enterance, waiting for a server to come and direct them to a seat. A young man, a bit older than Sanghyuk approached them, asking if it was just for two, and brought them to a mildly secluded table in the corner, where it was just Joohyun and Sanghyuk.

"It's nice," Joohyun said, after they had both taken their seats and were scanning the menu, which was filled with lots of appetizing foods. She looked it over, waiting for Sanghyuk's response. Without even needing to look up, she could hear his smile on his words.

"I thought so. The food's really good here as well. You'll like it." Sanghyuk answered. He was more than happy that this beautiful woman had complied to coming on this date with him; he had to make a good impression. He was just about to say something else, ask her about herself when she spoke up.

"Your cookies were wonderful, by the way. I ate them all very quickly." she admited, giggling as well. Sanghyuk's smile grew, pleased that so far, so good. 

"I'm glad you liked them." he nodded and they both went over scanning the menu. Sanghyuk concluded on the foods he wanted to order, so he set down his menu on the table in front of him. Joohyun continued looking though, not finished when the waiter, who was a short girl with long, brown hair, came to get their drinks. Sanghyuk ordered a soda and Joohyun went with a simple, cold water. She soon figured out what she wanted to order and set the menu down as well, leaning her head on her hands and looking at Sanghyuk. 

"Tell me about yourself." she offered, batting her eyelashes, smiling brightly. Sanghyuk thought for a moment, unsure where to even begin. There wasn't much to talk about. He wasn't exactly the most interesting man alive. He talked about himself nevertheless, but kept it short and simple, since he didn't want to bore Joohyun and become one of those guys who never stops talking about only themselves.

Just as Sanghyuk was about to ask Joohyun about herself, the waitress came back, and they ordered. It ended up being and big meal, but Sanghyuk didn't mind--he was paying for Joohyun. The waitress scurried away, her hair bouncing, but Sanghyuk didn't notice, he was only focused on Joohyun. He was only focused on the way she curled her hair around her finger when she talked, or the way moved and her eyes became cresent shapes when she smiled. He only watched her, amazed by her, intrigued. 

 

Joohyun's hand found it's way to the top of the table, close to the pair of chopsticks that had just been used to pick up the food that was previously on her plate. Her fingers tapped the hard wood, listening to Sanghyuk talk about his school and his roomate. Joohyun liked him. He had an intresting way of turning anything boring into something that she would listen to for hours.

She didn't notice Sanghyuk's hand slowly moving toward hers, soon meeting her own and clutching tightly to it. Shivers went up her spine at the touch, but it wasn't the bad kind, not at all. It was a wonderful feeling, a feeling she had missed. She smiled directly at Sanghyuk and he returned the action, squeezing her hand and it was then Joohyun realized she was undoubtedly over Hakyeon. 

 

"Good night, Sanghyuk. I hope to see you again." Joohyun mumbled, looking down at her feet, a small smile finding her way to her face. She heard Sanghyuk chuckle. They had walked home slowly together, chatting a bit, and enjoying themselves. Joohyun was actually disppointed that the sate had to end; she really loved Sanghyuk's company. She was ready to admit she had a crush on her new next door neighbor. 

"You too, Joo." he said and Joohyun couldn't help but smile at the nickname. Next thing she knew, his lips met hers and although it only lasted a second, her face lit up. She didn't have time to say anything, as Sanghyuk had already run back to his own apartment, sliding into it quickly. Her smile didn't disappear as she unlocked the door, stepping in. It didn't disappear when she was getting ready for bed, and it sure didn't disappear as she got into bed. Her sleep was filled with smiles, too.

 

"You dropped a piece." Hongbin commented. Wonshik looked over at him, picking up the piece of popcorn that had fallen into his lap.

"No ," Wonshik said, his voice filled with annoyance but the two boys began laughing hard afterwards, stuffing more of the snack into their mouths. A new movie, just released, played on Wonshik's television. It was a blockbuster action film and the only reason Hongbin was watching it was because Wonshik was raving about it, saying how great it was. So far, Hongbin wasn't enjoying it so much, but he wasn't really watching it, neither was Wonshik. They were talking about other things, just happenings in their lives.

Suddenly, Hongbin commented on Joohyun. It was an innocent comment, just saying how he hadn't hung out with her lately, but he knew that she was going out with some kid she had just met, "her next door neighbor, or something like that." Hongbin, at first, didn't notice how stiff Wonshik had gotten, but when he looked over and saw his friend, all straightened out, and staring without any emotions in his eyes.

"Hey, Shik, you okay?" Hongbin asked, examining his friend, who snapped out of it suddenly. He looked around and nodded at Hongbin.

"Y-Yeah, I'm cool." Wonshik lied. If he wasn't so stubborn, he would admit that he may have had a little crush on Joohyun, whom he had gotten to know better that one night at the club. He could feel Hongbin staring at him questioningly, but he chose to ignore the looks and continue watching the movie. The only problem was, he wasn't at all paying attention to what was happening on the screen. 

---

Two updates in one day? It must be a new record for me!