13.

a day in the park [cancelled]

Hongbin could remember his heart stopping, his breathing as well. He forgot he was on earth for a second and he could swear, right after Hakyeon said those words he was floating on air. Then a thought hit Hongbin. Hakyeon could very well be lying. It could all be a lie.

"Don't lie." Hongbin muttered, going with the thought that had brought him back to earth. Only a street light and a dim sign from the club lit them up. No one else was around and for some reason, Hongbin wanted to go back into the crowded club, mingle with the many people and never come out. He swallowed as Hakyeon neared his face. He thought about Joohyun, how much she said she liked Hakyeon. Was he lying to her too?

"Can I prove to you I'm not?" Hakyeon asked, his voice a low whisper. Hongbin almost shook his head, he didn't want to know, but his heart made him nod, taking over his whole body. He loved Hakyeon and even if the latter was lying, right in that moment, he was returning his feelings. Hakyeon liked Hongbin. For now.

Hakyeon leaned even closer to Hongbin, the younger losing his breath with every inch lost. When Hakyeon's lips were barely hovering on Hongbin's, that's when he closed his eyes, wanting Hakyeon to prove to him that he wasn't just a close friend, he was something more. Their lips touched, but not for long, not long enough for Hongbin, whose eyes fluttered open the second Hakyeon pulled away. They stared at each other for a bit before Joohyun entered Hongbin's brain again. He bit his lip and shook his head quickly, muttering "no" over and over. Hakyeon glanced at him, confused.

"What about Joohyun?" Hongbin muttered, no louder than a whisper. He was looking down, but Hakyeon pulled his face up so he was looking at him. There was a smile on Hakyeon's face, making Hongbin's heart scream, making Hongbin love him more. Hongbin knew this was a bad idea, this whole club was a bad idea. Hakyeon was probably only drunk.

"Hongbin, I like her, but I like you too. I was upset when I found out, because you should have told me sooner." Hakyeon said, not making much sense in Hongbin's mind, but it didn't matter. Hakyeon had kissed him. Kissed him! His dream had come true. Hakyeon liked him back and everything seemed to be falling into place. But, Hongbin processed the words. 

"You're going to have to choose." Hongbin said, growing tired now. Did Hakyeon like him or not? He didn't want to play games. It was late and he had drunken three beers. He wanted more. Lots more. He wanted to forget this night like he forgot the night with Wonshik. If only he could just forget-

"You."

And then everything did fall apart.

Hongbin pushed Hakyeon away quickly, his breath heavy and uneven. His eyes were beginning to water and he hoped he wouldn't break out into tears just yet. Hakyeon watched him, his eyes soft and filled with worry. Hongbin wanted to lie to himself and say Hakyeon was telling the truth, but he could easily guess his friend was lying.

"Don't lie to me, hyung. You were the one who asked to be introduced to Joohyun. You were the one who asked her on that date and the who who told me how much you liked her. Now, you're saying you like me? Make up your mind, Hakyeon." Hongbin snapped and bolted back into the club, making his way over to the bar where everyone else was. Jinah asked where he had been, but he ignored her, ordering a stronger drink and hoping no one noticed the single tear that rolled down his cheek.

Soon, he was drunk, ignoring Hakyeon's concerned words and pulling Jinah back up to the dance floor. The last thing he remembered was Wonshik yelling his name before he passed out.

 

"What happened?"

"He passed out, but other than that, I'm not sure." Joohyun responded, looking to Soonkyu with a worried expression. Soonkyu was called to the hospital late the next day. Her day was already bad enough and it didn't help that Hongbin almost drank himself to death (or that's what Joohyun said). 

"Do you know why?" Soonkyu asked, meaning why he drank so much, but Joohyun didn't realize this. 

"He drank too much, I told you that." Joohyun almost shrieked. Soonkyu shook her head. 

"No, I mean why did he drink that much." Soonkyu repeated.

Joohyun sighed, "I'm guessing Hakyeon and him had a fight, since he downed about ten drinks after they came back in." she explained. Soonkyu nodded and glanced at the bed where Hongbin was laying, his eyes clamped shut.

"Call me when he wakes up. I'm going to meet Taekwoon." Soonkyu said, turning to leave. On her way out, she bumped into Hakyeon and Wonshik, who were unnormally pale.

---

I don't even know what happened in this chapter but all I know is NBin drama is great. Am I too mean to my OTP?