Superheroes

Mr. & Mrs. Ok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon switches off the engine of the black Mercedes, alighting shortly. Yoona straightens her pencil skirt, nodding as she joins her husband’s side. They walk briskly to the lobby of the headquarters, marching right up to the front desk.

“Hello, may I assist you with-Oh! Agent 1227 and 530,” Joongki bows in respect to the superior agents.

Yoona smiles curtly. “I believe the chief is looking for us, Joongki?”

“Yes, he is. You may proceed,” he extends his hand out to a certain direction.

“Thanks bro,” Taecyeon shakes Joongki’s hand before  rushing up to his wife who already left.

A few turns here and there Yoona presses the button where Jaesuk’s floor is located. Upon reaching the floor, they stride down the hall and finally reach the double door that leads to their chief. Jaesuk spin his swivel chair around by the sound of the doors. He rubs his hands together, extending out his arms in a welcoming manner.

“Taecyeon, Yoona! Welcome back to the Espionage,” their chief greets in a fatherly voice.

They bow before their elder one. “Greetings Chief Yoo.”

“Please, sit.”

Jaesuk motions for them to sit in front of his desk which they do so. “It’s been two years huh agents? How’s parenting? How are the kids doing? Well, perhaps?”

Taecyeon decides to speak this time. “We’re doing fine chief. Yoona and I are coping well,” he says with a grin.

“I see,” Jaesuk nods. “Well that’s good to hear then. Anyway, let’s recall the purpose of calling you here,” he turns around to face the screen. The lights dim slightly, Jaesuk grabs a remote from his desk and turns the slideshow on as the screen illuminates across the room. A caption, or a title is given for the topic they will discuss about.

Taecyeon narrows his eyes, propping his elbow on the arm rest. “Mission SOS?” he scoffs, a grin lingering on his face.

“Yes, Agent 1227 is there a problem?”

“We’ve never used that kind of name. Usually it’s numbers.”

Yoona glances at him for a bit. “Taecyeon it’s a code we’re not even expecting to use, like ever.”

“And care to explain wifey?”

“This mission means that South Korea is in danger,” she gives a knowing look sending goosebumps all over his skin.

Taecyeon clears his throat. “I don’t like the sound of that,” he mutters, faking a cough.

Yoona rolls her eyes. “You may proceed chief.”

Jaesuk nods curtly and stands up, pulling the chair out of the way. “Very well then. Our mission that is set to accomplish is no other than the one and only SOS. Facts behind this mission, we’ve used it once but it was a very long time ago. It was during my training period when this mission has been done. And it was successful thanks to the agents of that time. From then on, we’ve used this code specially for the country in times of jeopardy.”

“You mean it hasn’t been used since…forever?” Taecyeon gasps dramatically, marvelling at the fact.

Jaesuk snickers. “Well, yes. South Korea isn’t always in danger.”

“True.”

“Let’s proceed,” the older one presses a button, depicting a few pictures, footages and cases of brutal crimes all over the country. “As you can see from all of these happenings recently, our agents from concealed branches have reported to the Espionage dozens of times and we are beginning to suspect things. I’ve called for the Aces to an urgent meeting and they have come to a conclusion that these pieces of activity came from one original source.”

Yoona raises a finger. “You mean these happened because of one enemy who is manipulating all of the crime that is on-going?”

“Precisely, Agent 530. We’ve done researches and tracks of this source and named the enemy Suspect Zero.”

Taecyeon whistles. “That’s a cool code name.”

Jaesuk clears his throat. “Anyway, as I was saying. Things can go haywire if this suspect is not captured soon enough. It risks the entire nation, lives of millions of citizens. We should put an end to this monstrosity before it could eat us whole and it won’t be good.”

Yoona turns to Taecyeon appearing lost and conflicted. They are reading each other’s minds probably thinking about their family and children. Jaesuk doesn’t flinch but smiles.

“Agents, I know what you’re thinking and I understand,” Jaesuk sits back into his chair and gazes softly at the couple. “The kids’ safety is your utmost priority, of course, but do not worry I have it planned for you two.”

“Chief?” they say in confusion.

“One will go on the mission while the other takes care of the children. You two may switch the roles as time goes or let the one who hasn’t been spending much time with the kids take the responsibility.”

Chief’s idea lights up a bulb on top of Yoona’s head as she eyes on Taecyeon in a mischievious manner. Taecyeon is trying his best not to look into Yoona’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter