Mini Talents

Mr. & Mrs. Ok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are several things Taecyeon notes on how his children are expressing themselves and what catches his attention are the activities they participate in or their unique individuality in general. He has to admit to himself, he has yet to discover their hidden talents. All he knows is that they’re playful, active kids at home. Other than that he hears from Yoona.

So he’s gonna find out for himself this time.

First kid: Ok Taehyun. Taecyeon decides to send both Taesung and Yoojin to the daycare so that he can be alone with the eldest. Besides, he wants to focus at one child at a time. No rush for it.

“Isn’t this exciting son?” he grins at the boy sitting beside him while driving the car. “I’m finally getting the chance to see you play soccer.”

Taehyun taps his fingers on the window. “I’m excited too dad,” he smiles.

“Does mommy watch you throughout a whole match or training?”

“Yes, mom sits at the bleachers at the side of the open field. She cheers me on in between breaks.”

“Well don’t you worry about that! I’m gonna cheer for you all the way son. Keep an eye out for me,” Taecyeon laughs along with Taehyun.

“But I’m playing a match dad,” chuckles the younger one.

“Oh, right silly me. Then be sure to hear me loud and clear.”

“Okay dad.”

While Taehyun is changing into his uniform, Taecyeon puts on his cap and takes a seat on the bleachers. He inspects the wide open grass field, noticing a couple of boys running about playing with a soccer ball. Assuming they are Taehyun’s teammates, he checks in his surroundings if there are other parents supporting for them. And there is, obviously. Who wouldn’t cheer for their child when they’re practicing?

“Let’s go Taehyun!”

Taecyeon does big claps as he slaps his palms together continuously, cheering on for his son who just entered the field. He goes back to quiet mode noticing the coach gathering the boys for a quick attendance check. Before, Taecyeon is a man who hates waiting. Sitting down there, waiting for a match to be over isn’t his cup of tea. Ever since he married Yoona, that habit changes gradually as time passes. But now that he has a child, he is willing to wait for his son anytime and anywhere.

“Come on son! You own the field little man!” he cheers on Taehyun who is running toward the ball.

“There you go! That’s my boy!” he claps wildly when Taehyun steals the ball from the opposite team.

As the coach calls for five, Taehyun rushes to his dad who welcomes him with a bottle of water. Taecyeon digs out for the small towel in the back pack. He ruffles his son’s hair in a playful manner, then proceeding to wipe the sweat off. At this point, he does feel like a mother. Which makes him chuckle to himself.

“Still energized to continue the match son?”

“Yes!” his reply is an upbeat.

“So what do you think of my match dad?” asks Taehyun, hopping on to the passenger seat.

Taecyeon buckles up his seatbelt and slot the keys in place. “What do I think of it? Hmm,” he pretends to think. “It was a-w-e-s-o-m-e! Never expected my boy to be such a star athlete. Really proud of you son.”

Taehyun has the biggest smile on his face for that whole week.

 

Second kid: Ok Taesung. Taecyeon moves on to the next location with Taesung, which is the community centre. Like what Yoona said, take Taesung to the clay workshop.

“Hello sir! Oh, Taesung ah you’re here?” They are greeted by a young woman inside the room where the rest of the kids are playing with the clay.

“I’m Ok Taecyeon his daddy, it’s nice to meet you Miss…?”

“I’m the teacher-in-charge for this workshop, Kim Mari,” she extends her hand out. “It’s nice to finally meet you Taecyeon-ssi!”

Taesung drags his dad to the table where he usually sits at with his mom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter