530

Mr. & Mrs. Ok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay kids. We have exactly six hours until your mom gets home so we better make this place fantastic as soon as we know it! So before we scramble about in the house, we’ll be baking a beautiful cake first is that alright?”

“Yes daddy!”

Taecyeon claps his hands. “Chop, chop! Off to our mission minions,” he grins.

The little ones march into the kitchen each grabbing their personal aprons in the cabinet. The kids’ aprons come in pastel colors with Taehyun having a blue one, Taesung with a green one and Yoojin gets a pink one. All of them are numbered as well from one to three as Taehyun to Yoojin. Taecyeon wears a regular apron that is in a darker shade of blue with the word ‘Dad’ printed on the front. Yoona has the same one but it’s red in a color with the word ‘Mom’.

Taehyun prepares the equipments on the kitchen counter, Taesung picks out the ingredients and Yoojin gathers the different icing decorations. Taecyeon reads the recipe thoroughly as he orders his minions around. The three kids stand on a long bench to reach an appropriate height of the kitchen counter while their dad stands beside them.

They’ll be attempting to bake Yoona’s favorite cheese cake from scratch and hopefully it’ll be as good as how the bakery makes it where she usually gets the cake from. In the mixing bowl, Taecyeon adds in the ingredients in sequence.

“1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs, ½ cup of white sugar, ¼ cup of melted butter…” he chants out loud, as if he’s making some sort of magical brew.

Taehyun separate the egg whites and yolks into two different bowls passing it onto to his dad promptly. Taesung slides the tub of cream cheese over to his brother, and as soon as it reaches to Taecyeon, he combines all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. A blender isn’t necessary for this case because Taecyeon’s strong almighty arms can do the trick.

Taehyun hops off the bench to pull a baking pan out of a drawer. “Here you go dad,” he places the pan on the counter.

“Thanks son! Now let’s pour it out evenly,” Taecyeon sticks his pinky finger out in the batter to taste the flavor. “Hmm…it’s not bad at all my minions,” he laughs.

Yoojin squats on the ground to watch the cake rise in the oven. “Princess! Don’t sit too close near the oven my dear. It’s hot,” Taecyeon reminds from the sink as he is washing the dishes with Taesung.

When the timer is done they carry on with the icing process. Taehyun and Taesung spreads the white icing evenly on the top and the sides. Taecyeon plots a circle of strawberries around the edges of the cake. Yoojin draws a pretty flower using a pink icing pen.

“What shall we write?” he taps the chocolate pen on his chin. “Happy Birthday Mommy, lots of love from Daddy, TH TS & YJ?”

“Let’s go with that dad! Then we’ll just add a few more details later.”

Taecyeon smudges white icing on each of his children’s noses, laughing at the outcome. As usual, the kids get back at their dad by literally painting his face with chocolate cream. They wash up afterwards to proceed with the decorations in the living room.

Taesung runs around the couches, dragging the banners in a messy manner. Taecyeon activates the helium tank to inflate the balloons, planning to write messages on it later. Yoojin sprinkles confetti all around the carpeted floor, Taehyun comes back from his room as he has some rolling paper and birthday cards in his arms.

“Taesung! You’re supposed to stick the banners up at the glass walls buddy!”

“Oops, sorry daddy!” his little son laughs, unwrapping the banner from his head.  “I’ll hang it up right now. Is it here daddy?”

Taecyeon tilts his head. “A little more to the left son, oh wait! Little more to the right…perfect! Right there son,” he shows a thumbs up.

“Dad I’ve prepared the rolling paper.”

“Good job son. Leave it on the table so that your aunts and uncles can write on it when they arrive.”

Yoojin skips over to her dad. “Daddy what do you think of the confetti? I feel like a fairy!”

Taecyeon kisses her forehead, his eyes dazzling at his daughter. “It looks fabulous my princess!” he claps his hands all of a sudden. “Alright kids! Time for us to prepare mommy’s surprise!”

 

Jaesuk examines the picture depicted on his computer screen. “Well done agents, these type of information help us greatly. So he will be heading to America?”

“That’s what we’ve heard chief.”

“I’ll run some errands for a couple of agents to track his destination. Once that is done, I’ll be calling in for another meeting. For now you may give yourselves a break.”

Jaesuk dismisses them shortly except for Yoona. “Agent 530, care to spare a second?”

She nods. “Yes chief.”

He takes a nicely wrapped gift in his hand, giving it to her. “I know it’s your special day today. Happy Birthday Yoona,” he bows his head slightly.

Yoona bows in gratitude. “Oh my, chief thank you! I thought you forgot,” she teases.

“I never would Yoona! Now go ahead Agent 530, I bet Agent 1227 and the little ones are expecting you.”

“Thanks chief!” she hugs Jaesuk in a friendly manner. “I’ll be going chief, see you soon sir.”

Yoona steps out of the office to find Sooyoung waiting right outside. “What?”

“That’s one gift out of many that you’ll be receiving today I suppose,” she smirks.

“Oh stop the flattery Sooyoung, let’s go girl.”

“Actually Siwon’s picking me up so I will see you later at the Ok residence birthday girl.”

“Okay, see you later Soo!”

 

Yoona drops her suitcase on the ground, unlocking the passcode on the front door. She pulls her suitcase in and sets her shoes aside, stopping as soon as she catches an arrow sign on the floor pointing towards a certain path. She follows it out of curiosity, her lips curling into a smile when she sees sweet words such as ‘we love you’, ‘we miss you’ and a ‘welcome back’. Words come along with wacky pictures of Taecyeon and the kids which makes her laugh in glee. She pauses at the balcony and catches a giggling Yoojin by the side.

“Happy Birthday Mommy!” she covers in surprise as her loved ones greet her in a harmonious yell. Taehyun tosses the confetti around his mom, Taesung blows the party horns loudly, Yoojin is being carried in one of Taecyeon’s arm while his free arm holds the cake.

“Okay kids let’s sing a birthday song for mommy! One, two, three!”

“Happy Birthday to you,

  Happy Birthday to you,

  Happy Birthday to Mommy Yoong,

  Happy Birthday to you!”

“Make a wis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter