Chapter Nine

Bunny and Wolf

"What happened?" I asked them, "Is-"

"Is the bastard dead?" Hyukkie cut me off, and I gave him a look.

"N-"

"Hyukkie, he doesn't have to die!" I exclaimed, and he sent me an 'are you freaking serious?' Look, which I nodded to.

"He isn't doing this for no reason, you know!" He rolled his eyes at my statement and sighed, clearly annoyed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"So what do you propose I do to the person who wants you dead?!" The speech in the room from other groups as they stared, disgusted, at Kyuhyun on the floor stopped as they sensed their leader's growing anger, but I was somewhat used to dealing with an angry Hyukkie; he had been together for eleven years, I was bound to be angry at him at one point, and vice versa.

"Compromise. Negotiate. Anything." I said,and he glared at me. I noticed Kyuhyun got kicked by someone as he groaned and tried to get up. The furthest he would get is barely sitting up before he was kicked again.

"I'm sorry if I hadn't made myself clear before this, but he wants you dead; lifeless, cold, not breathing,and in front of me while I watch him do it mercilessly." It was now his words got through to me, and I realised I was his weakness, in Kyuhyun's -now fully conscious and glaring- eyes, and it really... Hurt, in a way. I was defenseless and utterly helpless. But then it just made me mad.

"There will be no more killing." I said sternly, remembering the death of my parents and what he himself had said to me on that day. His eyes softened, before Kyuhyun on the floor coughed up blood, and his gaze became clouded with anger again.

"I know he wants me dead, but it's nothing but him being blinded by rage-" I started, but he cut me off, definitely angry by now. The venom in his voice was practically dripping from his words, and I clenched my fists before twirling Minnie's ear around my finger again, calming myself down. Hyukkie noticed, and looked away, clear sorrow in his eyes, though his anger wasn't going to be replaced by anything anytime soon. A laugh reverberated throughout the room, and we turned to see Kyuhyun with a cocky smirk on his face at he glared up at Hyukkie with sheer malice in his eyes.

"So the great Eunhyuk has been reduced to this? Arguing with a mere human? And this coven's just as bad, acting like one of his kind." He spat. His voice was deep and hoarse, no doubt covering the pain he was feeling, both emotionally and physically.

"Kyuhyun," Hyukkie started, "What do you think you've been doing for the past twenty years; snooping around my coven?" He asked in a cold voice. I repressed a shiver as the hairs on the back of my neck rose, the temperature in the room dropped a few hundred degrees, and Kyuhyun's glare wasn't helping as it clashed with Hyukkie's.

"Is a free vampire not allowed to roam where he pleases?" Came the reply.

"Don't provoke me, Kyuhyun." Hyukkie threatened, and I frowned. I didn't know this Hyukkie, and I certainly didn't like him.

"Or what? You'll kill me, Eunhyuk? I don't think so, not if it means your precious human will hate you." He said, and we all knew he was right. Apart from me. Hyukkie would kill to keep me safe, as proven once before. He avoided me like the plague, even considering leaving the country because of it. But he would, for sure, kill the person in front of him if it meant my safety, and it angered me so much. Because of the situation, I hadn't notice Minnie not in my hand since I had dropped him in surprise when Hyukkie turned into someone I didn't know.

I was sure the others, apart from Hyukkie and Kyuhyun could feel my sadness -now being turned into anger- rolling off of me in waves, if the wide eyes and discreet steps taken away from me were anything to go by.

"Hyukkie..." I wasn't heard.

"Hyukkie." Nothing.

"Eunhyuk!" Both their surprised gazes snapped to me. One pair of eyes searched my hands, and finding them empty, grew wide with something similar to fright as the other pair grew round with confusion, surprise and slight fear.

"Sungmin. This isn't the time for your angelic forgiveness, so-"

"Shut up." I muttered, feeling angry tears forming in my eyes.

"You were the one who promised me there would be no more killing." I said accusingly.

"That was when you were safe-"

"Was I ever safe, Eunhyuk?" I asked, feeling somewhat murderous.

"...N-"

"You killed the first one, sent the second one to the hospital, where he died too, and got scared so you fled for three months."

"That was a long time ago, Sungmin-"

"Scared of the police? The dead guys' families? Nope. You got scared of the person you were protecting, a 'mere human'." I said, quoting Kyuhyun's lines from earlier as I death glared at him. Said vampire's eyes grew wider and I noticed he was afraid too. I don't know why, I was just a human, nothing more. He could kill me right now, and it would mean he would get killed afterwards, but from what I've noticed, he wouldn't care as long as Hyukkie was in pain, similar pain to what he felt when his father's coven was killed.

"During those three months, Hyukkie, guess who was the center of attention? Guess who got stalked home by at least three people every day? Make a wild guess, I'm sure you're smart enough to get it right. After you figure it out like the brilliant person you are, maybe you should attempt to figure out how many other attempts at my life had been made during those three months." I was sure, at the time, that my attackers were simply alcoholics, or they smoked too much of the wrong stuff. Of course, now that I think back, the gleaming white teeth that were longe than usual, the red eyes and pale skin that I had been haunted by for weeks after couldn't possibly be human.

"Sungmin, I-"

"And when I had finally had enough of beating them down by whatever miracle it was, you came back. Wait, that isn't what happened, is it?" He cringed.

"Of course not, Lee Eunhyuk was just about to go on a leisurely plane ride over to somewhere nearby... Allll the way over to New York. I'm sure he had the intention of coming back to see me after he left me on the street with a dead body and a body with broken limbs next to me." His eyes were in turmoil. I had never told him what happened during the three months he left me for dead, but now I really didn't care whether or not he wanted -or needed- to hear it; I just needed to say it.

"I'm sor-"

"But it's fine," I began again, once again cutting him off. "Because I know now that you had a reason for doing it. While I do think I did deserve to know why my best friend suddenly sported fangs and red eyes as he practically murdered a plane full of people on the way to New York and jumped out afterwards..." He gasped. He was most likely shocked I knew about it, but... It was Hyukkie. I knew everything about him, whether he knew it or not. Well, I was supposed to, which brings us back to the whole 'don't tell Sungmin you aren't the same species as him even though you've known him for eleven years' thing. I'll ignore it, since we've gone past that.

"Sungmin, I'm sorry!" He blurted out, and my eyes snapped open. I hadn't realised I had closed them. Hyukkie was trying so hard to keep from crying, and he had apologized. I knew he meant it, I really did, but it wasn't enough for me. I'm a selfish person when it comes to my feelings, and I know it.

"Forgive...me?" Now I know he was definitely serious; he had just asked me to forgive him in front of his entire coven, and his enemy.

"Hyukkie, you're already forgiven." He had been forgiven every single time, without either of us knowing.

"If... If I don't kill him, will you-"

"I said, you're already forgiven, Eunhyuk. Don't make this any worse." I grit out.

"...let him go." He said.

"Sungminnie..." Leeteuk came over to me as Kangin unlocked the shackles I had only now noticed were on Kyuhyun, who was staring straight ahead of him with wide eyes filled with shock and confusion.

"Why...why won't you let him kill me?" Kyuhyun choked out from on the floor. I entered over to him and lifted him up, gesturing for Kangin and Leeteuk to help me.

"...I don't know." I replied. It was true, I had no idea why I was defending this person whose life goal was me being dead.

"Bull..." He muttered, and I couldn't help but smile. I couldn't find a better way to put what my mind was at this moment.

"Exactly." I heard Hyukkie mutter, and sent him a 'not now' look.

"Hyukkie..." I trailed off, and he got my silent question.

"...fine." He muttered, and I smiled lightly at him as a show of my thanks. He looked away and Donghae comforted him with a hug, which he returned.

"Where?" Leeteuk asked.

"My room." I replied, and he and Kangin gave each other worried looks before nodding. We made it there soon, and we set Kyuhyun down on my bed. I gave them both small smiles as my appreciation, and they both left after giving Kyuhyun cautious glances and me concerned ones. When they were gone, I let out a sigh of relief as I stared at Kyuhyun's bloodied face. He was breathing deeply, and was staring at my ceiling.

"This is probably a dumb question, but... You okay?" I asked. I got no response for a while and stood to get some medical supplies, even though he would heal himself much faster than I could, until...

"Not really." I smile and sat back down, now holding alcohol, a few cotton balls and a wet cloth. There was a knock on my door and Kyuhyun tensed.

"I don't care who it is, if you're gonna tell me that keeping him in here is a bad idea, I'm going to make sure you drink koolaid instead of blood for the next four weeks." I called, and Kyuhyun's lips twitched into a smirk before he dropped it.

"Yesung should probably go away then, huh?" Ryeowook's voice asked, and I smiled at the 'yah, shut up!' I heard from Yesung afterwards.

"Come in." I said and they did.

"Hey, I came to see if you needed any help." Ryeowook said, gesturing to the cloth I had in my hands, and Yesung rolled his eyes, glaring at Kyuhyun with distrust.

"Nah, I'm good," I replied, wiping Kyuhyun's face first. His blood was slowly but surely drying, so I had to get it off beforehand, else it would hurt like hell to come off. "Before Hyukkie told me he was a vampire I had to patch him up a bunch of times when he got into fights with other.. Uh... Humans." I said, biting my lip.

"Okay, this is really hard to talk about different species like this, how do you guys do it?" I muttered under my breath.

"You sure you're good?" Yesung asked. I nodded with a smile as I looked over at them.

"Yeah. How's Hyukkie?" I asked, noticing Kyuhyun clench his teeth at the name.

"Fine. He and Donghae are talking it out in the living room. From what we've heard, he really regrets those three months, and he does think he was being a little overprotective, given your and his circumstances are similar, with your parents and all-" Yesung threw a hand over Ryeowook's mouth and dragged him out the room with a quick 'okay, that's all, so we'll be going now.' I blinked. Okay then...

"I know you've got awesome healing vampire-ness and all, but would you let me disinfect your cuts?" I asked Kyuhyun softly when I was done with cleaning the blood from his face and arms. He hesitated before nodding. I helped him sit up, biting my lip worriedly as he winced. He pulled his shirt off, and I nearly tore the cloth I had in my hand. They didn't go easy on him, did they?

"Sungmin-ssi?" I sighed, annoyed. Now they put honorifics after my name as well. God dammit, this day couldn't get any worse, could it?

"What the could you possibly want now?" I growled out, not caring who it was. I blinked as I heard a shaky snicker.

"You got him mad, Taemin, nice job."

"Hyung, what do I do?"

"Guys, I'm human. I don't think I'll be eating your heads off anytime soon." I called, dabbing alcohol on Kyuhyun's cut carefully. He hissed and glared at me, and my eyes widened.

"Ah, I'm sorry, Kyuhyun-ssi. It won't get better till it gets worse though, so hold out for a bit longer okay?" I asked, giving him a small smile, and he stared at me before looking away and nodding. Taemin then mustered up the courage to come in, as did Minho. They both gave me small smiles.

"Uhm...we wanted to return this to you." Taemin said, and Minho handed me a soft, pink bunny plushie. I was surprised to see Minnie, then smiled at him.

"Thank you." I said, and they both beamed at me before leaving. I smiled lightly at the bunny in my hand, and put him on the bed, next to Kyuhyun, who stared at it, then at me as I continued cleaning his wounds. I then 'tsk'ed as we heard footsteps coming in this direction.

"Shoulda locked the door." I muttered, about to stand up, but Kyuhyun raised a hand and the bolt did itself up. I blinked.

"Ah. Thanks, I've got to ask you to stay here more often." I muttered, and he smirked as I finished disinfecting. I looked away as his wounds closed up; I always hated it when Hyukkie would do that in front of me.

"What?" He asked, probably wondering why I had suddenly become allergic to the sight of him.

"Hyukkie cuts himself and heals just to freak me out... It still does." I said, and he nodded, turning away so he could smirk without me seeing.

"Ah, I'm Sungmin." I said, holding out a hand to him. He stared at it, then raised an eyebrow. Are all vampires against shaking hands? Leeteuk seemed really surprised by it too.

"Dude. Really?" I asked, and he slowly shook my hand. I smiled.

"Great, we're friends now." I said, and he glared at me, his grip becoming stronger.

"We are not friends." He snarled, and I blinked.

"Aren't we?" I asked, taking him by surprise.

"Do you still want to kill me?" I asked, and he slowly nodded.

"Then why don't you?" I asked, and his glare darkened as his grip got stronger. I smiled at him and squeezed as well, enjoying the way his eyes widened. He may be a vampire, but he just got beat up by two others who were stronger than him, his wounds have healed, but he was tired. Not to mention, I was more or less trained by Hyukkie, in a way, to over power vampires. Their abilities didn't cover super strength at all, as you would assume, just that they would be stronger than average humans. After all, they were dead people; there were only so much things vampirism could do. They were brought back to life, but that doesn't mean they were supermen all of a sudden.

We released each other's hands at the same time, and I stood up, clearing away the blood stained cloth and bloody, alcohol soaked cotton balls. He watched me as I went around my room, and eventually, I turned to ask him something, when he was suddenly directly in front of me, staring down at me.

"Um... Need something?" I asked, but he simply stared at me, then bit his lip and shook his head.

"Can I leave?" He asked. And my eyes widened, then I pouted unknowingly. He stared at me for longer and with more intensity than necessary as I thought. I didn't particularly want him to leave, but if he wanted to then I didn't really have a say in the matter. The thing is... Would Hyukkie let him go after all this?

"Yeah, you can, if you want to, but Hyukkie might want to see you before you leave." I said, and noticed the way his eyes hardened. I sighed.

"Anyway, you can't go out onto the streets or wherever looking like that. Have a shower?" I proposed, and he stared blankly at me before nodding. I grinned.

"Okay. Bathroom's over there, you can wear..." I stopped, then spun around and dug in one of my drawers for Hyukkie's shirt. I secretly stole it since it was soft and I liked wearing it to sleep.

"It's technically Hyukkie's own, but sort of like mine, since I wear it to sleep more than he would wear it anywhere." I said. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at me.

"Why?" He asked. That 'why' could have been to so many questions he had the right to ask, but I just smiled, not wanting to answer many of them, so I answered the easiest one.

"Because of the colour. Hyukkie never liked wearing green, he said it doesn't suit him. You've got pretty eyes though, you'll look good in it." I said, trying to convince him into wearing it without making too much fuss about it being Hyukkie's.He  contemplated, then nodded as I gave him Hyukkie's shorts too.

"Shut up. We had a sleep over, okay?" I said, and he sent me an amused look before going into the bathroom.

"Ah, towels are in the cupboard! Don't go in the top shelf, that ones Hyukkie's. Second one's mine, do what you like." I called, and heard a 'Hn'. Well, at least he couldn't say I hadn't shown him where they were. Soon, I heard the shower turn on, and I jumped on my bed, hugging Minnie.

"I'm sorry I dropped you, Minnie, I was just really surprised. Hyukkie's never that angry at anything, so I kind of..." I sighed, rolling onto my stomache as I stared at the bunny.

"I know, but Kyuhyun was hurt, and Hyukkie wanted to kill him!" I said, and his ear suddenly flopped forward, making me frown and move it out of the way of his eyes.

"Blinded? Me? By what?" I asked, confused. Then the bathroom then door opened, and Kyuhyun stepped out, giving me an unfathomable look as I stood, tying Minnie's ears around my wrist and letting him hang there. (A/N: Am I the only one who does this???)

"Hey." I said, and got a 'hn' in response. I looked him over.

"See, I told you you'd look good in green." I said with a small smile, and he nodded awkwardly.

"Well, if you really wanna leave, then let's go see Hyukkie." I said, and he nodded, this time more eagerly as I made my way to the door, undoing the bolt.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked in a low voice, and if grinned, raising my hand to show him Minnie, dangling from my wrist.

"Minnie." I replied, and he blinked once before turning his gaze away, and I dropped my hand as I led him towards the living room. I passed Jonghyun and Onew on the way, and they gave Kyuhyun dirty looks, which he responded to with equal intensity.

"Yah, stop doing that, it's weird being in the middle of this." I muttered to the two of them as they let down their glares at Kyuhyun. Jonghyun smiled lightly as Onew ruffled my hair.

"Eunhyuk-nim is- Eunhyuk is in the kitchen with Donghae and Ryeowook. Before now, none of us knew he liked ice cream." Onew said, fixing his words after I gave him a disapproving look. Rather surprised, I nodded my thanks and tugged Kyuhyun's shirt towards the kitchen. Hyukkie and ice cream of any kind were practically married, as was I. How didn't they know this? Kyuhyun looked down at where I was holding the material, and I let go.

"Sorry, I tend to do that." I said with a sheepish grin. Hyukkie did say I shouldn't do that to people I don't know. He nodded, keeping his gaze anywhere that wasn't on me as we entered the living room. Kangin and Leeteuk were suddenly at my side.

"Hey." I greeted, biting my lip uncomfortably as they gave Kyuhyun the same looks Jonghyun and Onew did. Again, Kyuhyun had no problem returning them. I nudged Kangin, and made a gesture for them to stop giving him the evil eye. He shared a look with Leeteuk before they nodded and opened the double doors to the kitchen; yet another thing I'm not completely used to. Or at all.

"Hyukkie?" I called. The kitchen was dark; the lights were all off. When I said his name though, the lights were back on, and he was staring at me with a face full of strawberry juice and vanilla ice cream. I couldn't help it; I laughed. He glared at me, then his eyes widened as he realized Kyuhyun was here too, and he disappeared for a second before he came back again, this time right in front of us, with a clean face. He still had his spoon in his hand though, full of now melting ice cream. I discreetly took it from him and stuck it in my mouth, now happy. Hyukkie had a glaring competition with Kyuhyun for a little while, until it sighed, and both of their gazes turned to me. Hyukkie blinked, then looked down at his hand, now spoonless and gave me an amused 'why you sly bastard' look. Kyuhyun's gaze was simply dull, and blank.

"Let's sit down before someone of us goes crazy. Mostly you two." I said, and they both complied rather kindly. It was then I realized one sat on my left, while one sat on my right. Great, now I was in the middle of their glares.

"Hyukkie, Kyuhyun wants to leave the house-"

"Absolutely not."

"I can do what I want."

...

"It's not like he'll bother anyone after-"

"We don't know that for sure."

"And it's none of your business."

...

This was harder than I thought it would be.

____________________ 

house looks like this:

|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|

|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|

|back yard| kitchen | living room | front door |front yard|

|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|

|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|bedroom|

(A bunch of them share rooms)


 

WHO WANTS KYUHYUN'S POV IN THE NEXT CHAPTER?

Tell me whatcha think

~Anna