Chapter Eighteen

Bunny and Wolf

 

"Kyu?" I didn't get a response. He had been sitting next to me and gazing at his -bitten- finger for about three full minutes now, and Hyukkie's getting rather impatient. I frowned as Hyukkie kicked a chair next to him in frustration. What the heck was Kyuhyun thinking so hard about? I went a little closer to him, peering into his wide eyes. He then sighed deeply and leaned his head in his other hand.

"Kyu!" I tried again. Nothing.

"Yah! Kyuhyun!" His full name made him look up and straight into my eyes. Oh. It was then I realized how close I was. This just might be a little awkward for him. I leaned back into my chair, and he followed me, moving forward slightly before stopping himself and leaning into his own chair. Giving me a shy glance, he shook his head and his lips.

"Sorry..." He trailed off, and I nodded. It was fine. Granted, it was rather odd, but it didn't particularly bother me.

"Aw damn. We're late for that woman's class. Yoonah, I think." Hyukkie mumbled, and I 'hn'ed in response, wondering why I felt what I did when Kyuhyun was so close to me. Hyukkie then sighed.

"Cmon, we're going for ice cream. Both of you." He said suddenly, getting up. I blinked, and Kyuhyun looked up at him, confused.

"Why both of us?" He asked, and Hyukkie sighed.

"The more depressed you are, the more worried Min gets. Both of you stop being so gloomy, we're having that damn ice cream." I 'oh'ed and stood, Kyuhyun doing the same.

Soon, we were at Sunny's counter. She smiled at Kyuhyun and I, but glared fiercely at Hyukkie.

"What has this bastard come for now?" She asked, making Kyuhyun snicker. I frowned just as Hyukkie was about to respond, and grabbed hold of his jacket to stop him.

"Hyukkie, I'm gonna feed you the chocolate, so don't ask for that strawberry stuff." I said. He froze and sat down with a curt nod. A low growl from my right made me look at Kyuhyun.

"Oh, it's okay, I can feed you both!" I said, and Kyuhyun stared at me blankly for a few seconds then his eyes widened slightly and he turned a light shade of red. Odd. Hyukkie gave me a look full of horror.

"You can't feed us both! You shouldn't be feeding him at all!" he ranted, and I tilted my head to the side.

"Why not? Both you and Kyu are my friends." I said, honestly not seeing the problem. Sunny giggled suddenly, making us look to her. She had a knowing smirk on her face. What, was everyone knowing things that I didn't?

"Competition, Eunhyuk?" she asked, and Hyukkie narrowed his eyes and stuck his tongue out at her. I was, by now, thoroughly confused. A snort from Kyuhyun had Hyukkie angry again, and Sunny laughed.

"And you, lover boy," Kyuhyun choked on...something, and stared at her with wide eyes. I'm still confused over here, but it's okay; ignore me.

"If you don't get him, I'm taking him, kay?" Someone please tell me who they're talking about?!

Sunny then turned to me with a huge smile, which faded after seeing my confused expression. She blinked, then burst out laughing. Hyukkie soon followed, and I was pulled into a one armed hug by an amused Kyuhyun.

"You can't hate him, can you?" Sunny asked with an amused smirk. The other two shook their heads, and Hyukkie put a hand on my shoulder. Sunny suddenly glared at him, and used a Popsicle stick to throw at it, making him take it off my shoulder.

"No touching. Off limits." She said, and I giggled lightly at Hyukkie's annoyed face. Kyuhyun then cleared his throat.

"So... Ice cream?" He reminded, and I nodded with a huge grin. Sunny's scowl softened, as did Hyukkie's annoyed expression as I hopped onto the red stool and rattled off what I wanted.

"Three of them." I added, and Hyukkie began sulking.

"But-"

"Nope. No more strawberries," I said. "I think Hae's getting sick of the scent all over you." I said, and he 'hn'ed with a pout.

"It's okay, right Kyu?" I asked, and he nodded with a smile.

"Anything's fine, Min." He said, and my eyes widened, and Hyukkie glared at him. He looked confused at our reactions, and I suddenly felt shy. How odd.

"You've never called me that before..." I trailed off, feeling heat coming to my face. Was I getting sick or something??

"Oh..." He turned slightly red as well, and looked away.

"It's okay to do that?" He asked, and I nodded vigorously.

"Yes! Ah... Yes, of course." I replied, a little too quickly, so I tried to tone it down. Though, I think it sounded even worse the second time.

He nodded once and Hyukkie growled under his breath, making me look at him. I blinked.

"Hyukkie, your fangs are showing. Would you mind not doing that when I'm in the room? It's honestly disturbing." I said, and he retracted them with a faint smile at my words.

"Disturbing how? Scared of me now are you?" He teased, and I threw him a sarcastic look.

"Not in the least. It's just annoying to have my best friend looking like a rabid dog." I replied casually, earning a poke in the side. I giggled as he began all out tickling me, and grabbed onto Kyuhyun for support, in case I fell off my chair. I was sure Hyukkie wouldn't stop until I took my words back, so I sent him a pleading look.

"Hyukkie, this isn't fair." I said, pouting on purpose. He blinked, then glared at me.

"THAT isn't fair. Aegyo should only be done in times of life and death." He scolded, and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"This was a matter of life and death, you evil person!" I cried, and he laughed. It was only when I was about to let go of Kyuhyun's jacket that I realized... I was in his lap. I had probably moved over while trying to get away from Hyukkie. I looked up at him, only to see his face was mere centimeters from my own. I could feel his breath on my face, and his eyes were wide, as I was sure mine were. I let go of his jacket suddenly, and went back over to my stool. His eyes followed me.

"S-Sorry?" I tried meekly. He smiled lightly and nodded.

"You're really warm." He said, and I suddenly found the floor to be the most interesting thing in the room.

"Thank you." I said, rather awkwardly. He reached over and ran a hand through my hair. It wasn't like the way Hyukkie or Sunny or Donghae did it. This was just...Kyuhyun. It felt really good, and I leaned into the touch slightly. It was then I realized what I was doing, and stopped. Looking back up at Kyuhyun, I noticed his eyes flash a deep red before the colour went away, and was replaced by chocolate brown.

"Ice cream! Sunny came out of her room at the back with three bowls of ice cream on a tray, and I snapped my gaze to her. She stopped and stared at Kyuhyun and I. Said vampire took his hand from my hair, ruffling it slightly, and I felt somewhat cold.

"Sorry, was I-"

"You weren't." Hyukkie spoke up, and I stared down at my hands, knowing I was turning pink. I could feel it in my face, though I had no idea why. I just knew that it was Kyuhyun's fault.