Chapter Twenty Two

Bunny and Wolf

 

"I'm going to kill them." I said simply, nodding at my decision. All eyes went to me as I stood, staring at the tattered jacket on the floor at my feet. I sighed and kneeled next to it, it, and frowned.

"This... was Ryeowook's." Hyukkie said, and I scoffed softly.

"No kidding, because it was so hard to tell. Maybe they always leave their own jackets on the floor. In shreds. Covered in blood. Their own blood." I snarked uncontrollably. Hyukkie ignored me, having already been exposed to my angry ing a few times before.

"I'd be happier if they did than to believe this is Ryeowook's." he muttered, then turned to the rest of the coven. "Come on, we need him back." he said, and I nodded, standing, and taking Wookie's jacket with me. Kyuhyun was next to me, on my right, with Yesung on my left, looking murderous, angry and worried. I gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder and smiled reassuringly.

"We'll get him back, alive. I promise." I said, and he nodded, swallowing nervously.

"Yeah." he croaked, and I nodded, looking back in front of me. We passed several tunnel like hallways - which weren't a part of the Fortress, I'm fairly sure- and got lost a few times before Hyukkie got mad and just started breaking walls down. Well then.

Soon, after a total of sixty three (and a half, because technically that one was a door) walls being smashed down, we came to an...arena? Odd.

"Where are we...?" someone mumbled, and I 'hmm'ed.

"You guys can do that illusion stuff, right? How do we know this isn' t one of them?" I asked, and someone stepped up behind us.

"You don't." the figure -looking suspiciously like a woman- said, and we all spun around to growl/snarl/glare at her as she advanced.

"You're..." Kyuhyun barked out a laugh, and the figure stopped. Definitely a woman now...unless he likes his hair really....really long.

"Kyuhyun." she breathed in shock, then stepped out of her shadows of mystery completely so we saw her. She was really pretty, with long dark brown hair, almost bordering black. She had wolf-like eyes, brown orbs glared at us harder from behind long black lashes.

"What. Are you doing with him?" she asked, and Kyuhyun smirked.

"I'm... I'm a part of their coven now." he said, though hesitantly. He spared me a glnce to find me grinning up at him. A small smile graced his own lips before he looked away.

"That bastard killed our coven leader. Not to mention the coven." she snarled, pointing a perfectly manicured finger at Eunhyuk, who was looking from her to Kyuhyun with wide eyes.

"He did. But I can hardly do anything about father being blinded by the idea of power." Kyuhyun said, and I blinked. He never told me he was over it.

...Is he, or is he just saying that?

"Don't talk like that about him!" she said, and Kyuhyun sighed, then looked at her. Really, looked at her full on.

"Ahra... what are you doing?" he asked, and her eyes grew wide and she laughed.

"What am I doing? I don't know! Getting revenge, arent' I? Isn't that what it's called- revenge!" she exclaimed, then smirked at us, seemingly over her temporary insanity. and snapped her fingers. Two guys came out, holding...Oh hell no. , I should have brought Minnie to calm down.

"Let him go." I said quietly, staring at an unconscious Ryeowook being held up by his arms. It was quiet as the woman turned her gaze to me, and she scoffed.

"A human. What's a human doing with a coven of vampires? Don't tell me you promised him the bite, Eunhyuk. Here's a thing, kid; the bite of a vampire doesn't turn you unless it's a pureblood." she said. I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not with Hyukkie to be a vampire. Why would I want to do that?" I asked, and she blinked at me. "And not that I'd ask for it, but... had I wanted to be one, then... uhm..." I really wasn't sure how to say this, so I said it straight out. "Hyukkie's a pureblood." I said, and she reared back, as if slapped.

"This...bastard."

...She's even more angry than before.

"Is this my fault?" I mumbled to Kyuhhyun, who laughed quietly.

"No, she always had fits like this." he replied, and I 'oh'ed. Her head snapper up at Kyuhyun's words, and she looked from him to me, and back again.

"What have you done with him?" she asked me, eyes cold. I...was confused.

"...Sorry?" I asked, and she repeated.

"What. Have. You done. To my brother." she enunciated, stressing on every word. I bit my lip.

"You've got a brother?" I asked, and she glared at me while everyone else cracked up- even Kyuhyun and the guys holding Ryeowook.

"Don't play games with me, human." she seethed, and I held my hands up in surrender.

"Never was. I'm still confused though...what does you brother have to do with..." I blinked as Kyuhyun cleared his throat and gave me an amused look. I looked from him, to her, then back to him, and to her again.

"Oh my God!" I jumped back, eyes wide, and pointed at Kyuhyun, then at her. Then back and forth again.

"Oh...my God." I muttered. How did I not see this before now?!

"Ah... Sungmin..." she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as Kyuhyun began, "This is my sister. Cho Ahra."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

....So...?

:3

Welp, this one's short 'cause it's kind of intense.

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna