Chapter Four

Bunny and Wolf

"Hyukkie?" We were back at my house, sitting in my room. I turned to face him, and he took the straw out of his mouth and the box of strawberry milk.

"Hmm?" He threw his carton in the bin next to the desk he was sitting at and spun around in the swivel-y chair to look at me.

"Who was that guy you were glaring at like he stole your strawberries?" I really couldn't find a better way to describe how he glared at that guy. Hyukkie chuckled, but looked at me like I was mad.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked, a confused look on his face.

"Remember when we went to school yesterday?" He nodded, obviously not knowing where I was going with this.

"There was a tall guy with dark curly hair that you were glaring at when I was getting Minnie out of the car." I said, and he blinked.

"You saw him?" Hyukkie asked in almost a whisper. I nodded, confused. Who was he? And why on earth was Hyukkie freaking out over this?

He sighed deeply, somehow sounding older than his age and looked at me with the expression I had only ever seen once. It was dead serious, and told me there was danger around.

"What about him?" He asked, his voice wavering slightly.

"I was just curious about him, 'cause he was staring me down in Music class from outside, next to your car." I said, remembering the odd moment.

"... And?"

"I may or may not have stared back at him until he gave up and went away?" I mumbled, and he let out a deep breath.

"Should've done this before, long ago." He muttered, and I tilted my head to the side, not understanding a thing.

"Sungminnie?" His voice cracked, and he cleared his throat.

"H-Hyukkie?" I was seriously getting a little scared now, and I think he could tell. He pulled me into a hug, and I hugged him back. The last time I had seen him this serious... I had lost my parents soon after.

"I'm sorry." He said into my hair, and I frowned. Sorry? For what?

"You might not believe me when you wake up, but I really am so, so sorry." When I wake up? Wha-

I felt something hit me on the back of my neck, and noticed with slight panic that I couldn't keep my eyes open.


 

"-ould be waking up soon." Who was that...?

"He's gonna hate me, I know it." Hyukkie?

"He won't. Not if he's like you told me." Was that Donghae? What the hell? I slowly regained feeling enough in my arms and legs to know for certain that they were still there, and groaned as I tried to sit up. My head was killing me. All sounds stopped, and I felt hands helping me up. I slowly opened my eyes, and was met with a flickering flame lighting the room. Where was it coming from? I looked around, seeing nothing, until I looked up to see the huge fire in a chandelier over my head. A fire. In a chandelier. Over my head. Oh god, I'm gonna die, aren't I?

"Sungmin-ssi, are you okay?" I blinked, my eyes getting used to the dark but somehow bright enough room. I heard doors open, and footsteps coming closer, but I didn't pay attention to any of that, is just stared with a very confused look at the person sitting in what seemed to be some sort of throne directly infront of me who had a bad poker face on.

"Hyukkie?" All movement in the room stopped, and the footsteps from before ceased. 

"Sungmin." Hyukkie stared at me with slight pain in his eyes, but a harsh voice. Okay...

"Yeah?" I was kind of thirsty. Anyone got a cup of water?

"Describe to us exactly what happened two days ago, until your Music class." He said, and I blinked.

"Two days ago? Um... Hyukkie, how long've I been out? And where's Minnie?" I asked, panicking slightly. He sighed.

"Twenty three hours." Came his cold response, though I could see the slightly amused but more overpowering apologetic look in his eyes as he woke. I blinked. From what I could grasp, I was knocked out by Hyukkie for whatever bloody reason he had, and was brought to this place, wherever the hell this is, and spent a full day unconscious.

"Just answer the question." He said, still staring down at me. His throne was, after all, sort of higher up than the low table I had been lying on. 

"You knock me out, leave me to sleep for twenty three hours, bring me to this place and expect me not to panic?" I asked, mildly annoyed with him.

"Hyuk, where's Minnie?" I repeated my question, but he said nothing, so I just sighed and glared at him as I recounted what happened, getting angry since Minnie wasn't here to absorb my negative energy like he usually did. 

"You drove me to school, glared at some tall dude with dark curly-ish hair, walked me into Math class, ed like a little girl about not wanting to go to school, nearly got mugged by me, drew your boyfriends favourite fish, stared like a creeper at me until I went into the Music room, and I got nagged at by the teacher for being late by three ing seconds, sat down in my seat, got stalked by the dude you were glaring at and won the staring competition." I said, giving him an angry and sarcastic smile at the end.

"Now, Eunhyuk, where the is Minnie?" I asked again. He blinked at me, emotions swirling in his brown orbs, and then raised a hand up, gesturing towards me. I turned as I heard footsteps coming towards me, and saw that guy from before, Kangin, coming towards me with Minnie in hand, holding him by the ear, I narrowed my eyes at him dangerously as he carelessly shoved the plushy at me.

"Minnie doesn't like beg held like that. Bastard." I said, turning my attention back to Hyukkie as Kangin stared at me in slight shock and definite anger. He let out a shuddering breath and walked back to his original position. As I had Minnie in my hands, I felt myself calming down, and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry, Hyukkie." I mumbled, not looking up to meet his gaze as I stared down at Minnie, grateful that he was here for me. Hyukkie gave a non committal grunt of acknowledgement, and I rolled my eyes with a small smile, noticing the amusement in his own eyes. I had to stare at them all the time, since his expression gave away nothing. 

"Donghae." Hyukkie called, getting the attention of his boyfriend.

"Eunhyuk-ssi." Said boyfriend seemed to have at least come off of calling him 'Eunhyuk-nim'. Which brings me back to my question from in the club; why was everyone so formal?

 "Take him to my room?" He asked with a sigh as he stood from his throne, I snorted as he got shorter when his feet touched the ground, and he sent me an playfully annoyed look, though from the faces of the others I assumed they didn't find it playful one bit. I giggled but followed Donghae, still confused as to where the bloody hell I was, until we got to what I assumed was Hyukkie's room.

"Um... Soo.... Hi?" I tried,and Donghae gave me a 'really? Is that the best you can think of?' look. I pouted as he opened the door.

"Look, I'm kind of in an awkward position right now, okay? What did you expect?" I muttered, and he chuckled, gesturing for me to go inside, I did, and smiled as I noticed this room was definitely Hyukkie's.

"This couldn't be anyone else's room but his." I said, and Donghae nodded with a small smile. 

"Monkeys, bunnies and fish everywhere." He added, and I smiled. He was right; there were plushies of bunnies and fish and monkeys around the room, and pictures of us on the wall. I saw one we took when we were younger, where he had his arm around my shoulder and mine around his waist, we were both smiling happily at the camrea. There was another one next to it with me on his back as he was walking around the park. I smiled fondly at those; they were taken by my parents, when they were still alive. I moved onto a different wall, and my jaw dropped as I saw that this wall was full of pictures of me. No one else, just me. They seemed to be categorized according to my age; from the top on the left going to the right was me as an infant, then under that were of me as a baby. He must have stolen those from my parents, the creeper. Below that going left to right again was me as a toddler. Then below that, as a child. Under that were a bunch of them of me as a teenager. It almost covered the whole wall. 

"Like my collection?" A familiar voice asked. I turned to see Hyukkie with a smile on his face as he hugged Donghae from the side.

"You weird stalker creeper person." I said, and he laughed, as did Donghae. He then came over to me and gave me a hug, which I returned.

"I'm sorry I had to do it like this," he muttered, and I looked up, confused.

"You apologized before you knocked me out too. What were you apologizing for- wait, WHAT DID YOU KNOCK ME OUT FOR!?" I screamed, and Donghae let out a short burst of laughter as I glared at Hyukkie,whose eys were wide with panic.

"Uhm... Well, I kind of had to- I mean, I didn't want to, but- you see, it was just-" I cut him off, raising my hand to silence him. He shut himself up, watching with a slightly scared look as I put my face him my hands.

"Hyukkie, I'm going to kill you, and enjoy doing it." I muttered, and he couldn't help the chuckle that escaped past his lips. I sent him an amused but annoyed look, and he held his hands up in mock surrender. We then heard a knock on the door.

"Eunhyuk-nim? We heard a scream." Oops.

"It's fine, your 'Eunhyuk-nim's' being an idiot. Again." I said, and there was silence.

"You can go." Hyukkie called out with a smile on his face, and there were footsteps going away. I facelpalmed.

"Where the hell are we? Why are these people so formal? Why'd you knock me out? And who the bloody hell's idea was this?" I asked. Not stopping once for breath not for him to answer. He waited tilli calmed down, before sharing a meaningful look with Donghae and steered me of to a large bed in the middle of the room. He sat me down on it, and pulled up a chair, sitting opposite me while Donghae sat next to me on the bed.

"Min. You remember how I told you your parents died?" He asked in a gentle voice. I flinched but nodded anyway.

"They were going to pick me up from kindergarden but got into a car crash with a drunk truck driver, and their bodies were too disfigured for them to let me see, even at the funeral." I said, clutching Minnie tighter. Hyukkie nodded, holiding my hand as Donghae put a comforting arm around my shoulder, which I appreciated very much.

"That wasn't true." He said, and I breathed out deeply.

"I know." I replied, and he blinked, shocked.

"I heard them talking at the funeral. Everyone was looking for me since I had disappeared, and I heard two guys talking. They said they didn't know what kind of creature could do something like this, and that it for sure wasn't an accident." I muttered, and he sighed, rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand.

"I- Everyone here... We know what it was." He said and my eyes snapped up to meet his. They were dark and serious, and I could see in them that mine were the same.

"W-What was it?" I asked slightly afraid to hear the answer. All the other questions from before that I had which were actually much more important than this suddenly flew out of my head, and all I could think of now was of what killed my parents. Donghae's hand from my shoulder slid down and dropped to the bed as he sighed inaudibly, and Hyukkie's grip on my hand loosened, befor he tightened it again, as if steadying himself for the words he was about to say next. He took a deep breath, but let it out again with a pained look on his face.

"I can't." He muttered, and Donghae held his hand, giving him an encouraging look that didn't help very much, since he himself wore a grimace.

"I can't," Hyukkie said again, stronger this time as he bowed his head. "You'll just hate me." 

"I won't. Hyukkie, there's nothing in this world that can make me hate you. Nothing." I said raising his head to force him to look at me. His eyes had unshed tears in them, and I combed my fingers through his hair.

"I promise, Hyukjae." I said, moving my hand from his and linking our pinkies. He smiled lightly, then looked up at me with a dead serious expression on his face.

 "It was a vampire." He said, and I blinked, confused and shocked. Hyukkie would never lie to me about something like this, especially after all that happened

"But... But they aren't real." I said, and he shook his head, smiling sadly.

"They are. They're real and closer to you than you think, Sungminnie." He said, and my eyes widened, was this what he meant when he said I'll hate him? Was he a...

"And you're one of them? You're a... A vampire?" I asked, my voice barely higher than a whisper. I wasn't mad at him, nor did I hate him, I was just... Hurt.

"The leader of the most powerful coven in the world. Hi." He said with a small sad smile. It didn't even look like he was trying. Not that I could blame him.

"You were a vampire all this time, and you didn't tell me?" I clenched my fist. His eyes widened.

"You're not mad at me? You don't hate me?" he asked. I shook my head.

"I could never hate you, Hyukkie, I already promised." I said, and he let out a sigh of relief, but then he took my face in his hands as he felt the tear drop on his hand. Donghae ruffled my hair and sent a meaningful took to Hyukkie before leaving, he was most likely one too. A vampire.

"Sungminnie, don't... Don't cry, please?" He asked, and I sniffled.

"How could you keep this from me, Hyukkie?" I asked, sobbing into his shirt as he hugged me. He groaned as I cried, my tears stained his shirt, hugging me tighter.

"Don't cry, Min. Hate me, yell at me, just please, please, don't cry." He begged, rocking us slightly. I tried to hold back my I tears, something I was good at until Hyukkie came into my life all those years ago and told me it was okay to cry.

"Eleven years, Hyukkie... I've known you for eleven years and you couldn't find the thirty seconds it would take to tell me that you were a vampire?" Even with Minnie in my hands, I was getting angry. Very angry. I shoved him away from me and stormed out of the room, intent on going straight home. He followed me out, calling my name. I refused to turn, because if I did, I knew he would be crying, I could hear it in his voice, and his sniffles. I cried even more as well, knowing that we were both hurting each other; me by leaving and him by not telling me in the eleven years we've known and bonded with each other that we weren't even the same species.

I finally found the front door, and there were about ten people there. Somewhere in my mind noticed that the two from before, Shindong and Kangin were there, Donghae was too. His eyes widened with worry when he saw my tear streaked face.

"Yah! Sungmin!" Hyukkie's voice was broken, and I stopped for a split second, my body automatically responding to the sad voice. I forced it to move, and continued forward. Donghae gave me a concerned look, and I paused for a second, then held out my hand to him. I needed someone to sort all this out with, and Hyukkie wasn't an option. He took it with without a moment of hesitation, seemingly knowing what I had in mind, and I turned to Hyukkie. He had finally caught up to us, and was wiping his tears as he got closer.

"Sungmin, I-" I cut him off, raising my hand and turning my head away, he sniffled again, and I took a calming breath, clutching both Minnie and Donghae's hand in my own tighter.

"It won't get better till it gets worse, right? Just... Just give me a little while, okay ?" I asked, he nodded quickly.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you want, just... come back to me in the end?" He said with a grimace. I nodded.

"...yeah." I murmured, and turned away. I pushed the double doors open and pulled Donghae out with me. 

We walked in silence all the way back to my house. When we got there, I invited him in with a small smile. He came in and took his shoes off, then sat on the couch in the living room, and smiled lightly.

"This place smells of you two." He said, pulling me to sit next to him, I nodded.

"We're always together." I said, and he 'hmm'ed.

"But he couldn't tell me." I continued, and he sighed, then made me look at him.

"Sungminnie. You know he loves you, right?" he asked,and I nodded.

"He wouldn't have kept it from you unless it was totally important, right?" Nod.

"It was for your protection." He said, and I blinked, slightly confused.

"He's the leader of the worlds biggest and most powerful coven. He's been that way for a good few centuries, and is bound to have a hell of a lot of enemies, y'know?" I sighed,  realizing where this was going.

"Yeah. But I don't get it... " I trailed off, and he raised a questioning eyebrow.

"If... If he wanted to orotect me, why did he keep me in the dark? I'm pretty sure keeping me away from danger is important, but... I do think I deserved to know what the danger was." I said, and he smiled lightly.

"Trust me, he's been wanting to tell you for a long time, but was afraid." Donghae said.

"Of?"

"Rejection, of course. You do realise that any normal person would hate him for being a vampire, much less you whose parents were killed by them?" He asked with a chuckle. I couldn't help the giggle that came forth. It was true, I guess.

"But... I wouldn't hate him for that. It wasn't him who did it, was it?" I asked rhetorically.

"Most people don't think like you do." He said, and I frowned.

"They should."  

"I know."

We spent the rest of the night making small talk, and he promised he wouldn't tell Hyukkie about what we talked about; we both knew he would deny everything with that embarrassed flush on his face anyway.     (A/N: TSUNDERE!) 

"You've got to see him tomorrow, you know." Donghae said, and I buried my face in my hands, groaning.

"I can't deal with this. Someone kill me please." I whined, and he laughed.

"I can't help you there. I don't wanna know what Eunhyuk might do if I killed you, but if can tell it wouldn't be pretty, even though we're together." He said, and I grinned slyly at the shade of pink that came over his face as he mentioned their relationship. I nudged him teasingly.

"Speaking of which..." his eyes widened and he jumped up from the couch, shaking his head quickly.

"Nope! I was nervous enough when I had to meet you for the first time; it was like meeting his parents or something, so I am not having this conversation with you, sungmin!" He exclaimed, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh c'mon!" I egged him on, but he shook his head and kept his mouth shut. I pouted, and he smiled, ruffling my hair like he would a puppy.

"I not a dog." I whined, and he grinned at me, then held out his hand infront of my face,

"Hand." he ordered, and I gave him a dry look before placing my hand in his and squeezing. His eyes widened and he struggled to get out of my grasp.

"Yah! Lee Sungmin !"


 

Sooo... Liked it? I hope so :3

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna