Chapter Thirty

Bunny and Wolf

I don't remember how exactly I got to Iksan in under twenty minutes, but it happened. As soon as the eight of us were off the train, the scent of Kyuhyun's blood assaulted our senses, and made me want to kill whoever's fault it was on sight.

"It leads us to... Sss...outh...?" Jungkook said slowly, as if questioning himself. Must be new.

"Your nose is the best. Let's go." Hoseok said, about to go in the direction mentioned. I 'hm'ed, following as well, letting Jungkook's nose lead the way to... a pretty normal looking house.

"What-" I didn't get to finish my sentence, as we were ambushed; six people came out of nowhere and attacked. I held my own fairly well, as did the others, thankfully. Once the six were subdued, another four came out, but didn't attack. Instead, they gestured for me to to in, and I blinked in surprise before following one of them in warily, making sure BTS was right behind me. The other three followed, making my -metaphorical- hackles raise, and eliciting the same distrusting response from the others. The one in front of me, an annoyingly tall guy with an eyepatch over his left eye, looked back every once or twice and eyeing me carefully. I glared the fourth time he turned back, making his eyes widen. He didn't turn back again.

Soon we got to what seemed to be the master bedroom of the house. It was decorated with a King sized bed to the right, braced against the wall, a closet to the opposite wall next to a door, most likely leading to a bathroom. The carpet underfoot was soft, a nice white colour. It calmed me slightly, but them I saw the splotches of red staining it, and I scowled, feeling the room turn cold. The four in the room tensed, while BTS all closed their eyes in what I think was a mix of exasperation and annoyance. 

"What the hell is that?'" one of the men asked, and I growled under my breath.

"Whose blood is that." I asked, somehow failing to make it a question, my voice falling flat.

'This is your doing, isn't it?" was the response. I clenched my fists.

"Whose blood."

"Well, that depends." came a new voice. We all looked up to see someone enter the room, dragging Kyuhyun in behind him by a chain attatched to a collar around his neck. I bristled at the sight. He was bloodied and bruised, but didn't seem otherwise hurt, just bashed up a little, which made me slightly relieved. 

"Kyuhyun," I began, and he looked up, a pained look in his eyes, but he smirked in amusement anyway. 

"Hey Sungmin," he greeted, making me clench my teeth in annoyance. How could he be so casual about this?

"I'm going to cause you severe pain when we get home." I said after a few seconds of glaring at him. He smiled up at me, something I hadn't seen very often. Usually it was a smirk or maybe even a lazy grin from my bed when I told him we had to get up to go to school and he'd suggest skipping. But this time it was a full blown smile and it was really nice to see, expecially on him.

"Can't wait." he said, and it wasn't even meant mockingly. It was a genuine 'I can't wait to get home' that made me happier than it probably should have.

Before anything else could be said, the person who had Kyuhyun in chains cleared his throat, tugging on the chain to make Kyuhyun stop talking. I narrowed my eyes at the bastard, and he smirked at me.

"Hello, cutie." he began in his annoyingly nasally voice, making BTS and Kyuhyun hiss at him, all at once. I ignored the jibe but inwardly thanked the eight for backing me up.

"Protective, aren't they? Well, I suppose I would be too, if the of my coven were to be at the hands of someone else such as myself." the man said, a cruel edge to his voice. If he had gotten the others riled up before, they were thrashing around now, all glaring at him and practically itching to claw his face off. I could tell; I heard Jin saying it under his breath. It kind of surprised me; Jin was the mellow one of the group. What surprised me more was that no one even bothered to claim the position of face-ripper-off-er instead.

"What the hell do you want from our coven?" Namjoon spat, coming next to me, the rest of BTS sidling up and all subtly scenting me as well. The man 'hmm'ed in a bored voice.

"Your coven? Nothing, nothing at all. I want Kyu, here," he pulled on the chain again, and Kyuhyun made a choked off whimper that ended in a firey glare towards his captor. "To join mine," he finished, and I snarled in a low voice.

"That counts, very much so, as wanting something from our coven. A very important something." I said, keeping my voice as even as I could, although from the way he smiled sarcastically at me, I don't think I kept much of the anger out of my voice.

"It doesn't, actually. Kyuhyun hasn't submitted to your coven leader, so there's no way to connect him and your coven," he said, "Unless, of course, you count the part where your coven killed his.Then I suppose they are kind of connected in some way." 

"Fine, he isn't technically part of our coven. I'll rephrase; what do you want with my boyfriend?" I asked, crossing my arms and levelling him with a stare. The man jerked in surprise, before cooling his expression.

"You- oh, so you're not the coven's ? You're really cute, I thought you were for a second." he said, grinning at me. I shrugged.

"I'll take the compliment, even if it's from someone like you. Are you going to answer my question, or compliment me, 'cause I kind of wanna go home soon, members of and affilliated with my coven in tow." I said. The man assessed me for a few seconds before smiling. It turned into a chuckle, then a full out cackle.

Definitely a crazy person.

"You'd make a good vampire, boy." he said, and I smiled.

"Thank you. I am." I replied, to which he raised an eyebrow.

"You don't smell it."

"I'm a half blood. I think." I said, and he smirked.

"Definitely should have been the ."

"Sadly not, so would you stop wasting everyone's time and just get on with it?"

"Get on with what?"

"The whole villainous act. I never understood it, but I've come to realize it's a thing you vampires feel the need to do before you actually kill -or attempt to kill- someone. I't a bore, really, but I'll allow it, since I'm going to be the saviour here, and that's what saviours do. We save the villains from having their well practiced speeches go to waste." He was about to say something, but I interrupted.

"Of course, I could save you the trouble of wasting mine, yours and everyone else's time saying the speech. That's one to think of. But in the meanwhile..." I waited for a few seconds, then made my fingers in the shape of a gun and 'shot' him.

"Bang."

Eunhyuk and the rest of the coven, including some people I didn't know, were suddenly in the room, surrounding the man and Kyuhyun. The guard-people who were standing behind BTS were already taken care of. Jungkook and Taehyung were giving me huge grins as the last guy fell, Jungkook glaring at him and kicking him in the face when he made to stand, forcing him down again.

"You're under arrest, by the laws that your father helped put in place, for kidnapping a member of someone else's coven and forcing them to unwillingly submit." Eunhyul said, his blue fire swirling around his hand threateningly.

"How-" the man began, but was cut off my Eunhyuk decking him in the face before slashing at it with sharpened nails. The man groaned and took a few steps back; I guess coven leader vs coven leader fights were worse than normal; you couldn't heal those wounds as fast as you could against a normal vampire.  He swiped at Eunhyuk, letting go of the chain on Kyuhyun, and I was over there in an instant, ripping the leather collar to shreds and checking for any injuries. After I was satisfied there were only cuts and bruises that he would heal from soon enough, I sagged against him in relief.

"Thank God," I found myself whispering, before getting up again and looking at his handcuffs. They wouldn't break, no matter how hard I tried. An annoyed groan made me look up to see Eunhyuk, holding his wrist and massaging it slightly, a small 'ow' escaping.

"I don't know how you managed for so long listening to this guy's voice." he said, frowning distastefully down at the body on the floor, smoking slightly and a little blackened. Kyuhyun coughed, a wet sound that had me worried. He could be bleeding internally.

"His...fingerprints." he rasped out, leaning against the wall while I growled deep in my throat. I grabbed the man's own handcuffed hands -handcuffs had something in them that wouldn't let him break them, I'm guessing from the putrid scent- and pulled, not caring when he screamed in pain when something cracked. His now broken and charred wrist hung limp from his arm, and I dragged it -therefore him as well- towards Kyuhyun. 

"Which finger?" I asked, and Kyuhyun shrugged helplessly.

"I wasn't conscious enough to tell." he explained quietly. I forced my rising anger back down, only realizing I needed to do it when the cieling made a sound of protest as cement chunks were cracking and falling. Jin gave a small yelp when one landed too close to him, making Yoongi look up suddenly and mumble out a 'come over here, why are you always in the way of dangerous things?' in the seemingly angry but actually concerned voice he usually reserved for him and Jungkook.

I tried every finger before I found the right one, not even knowing which one it was; my gaze was on Kyuhyun's slowly glazing over eyes as I felt for the next finger, and the next and the next.

"You okay?" I asked, and he nodded, seemingly shaken from his daze. With clearer eyes, he glared down at the man.

" you." Kyuhyun spat, coughing up blood onto the carpet, staining it red in more places. I frowned as he began to stand, and helped him up with a hand around his shoulders to steady him.

"Kyuhyun, I think we should go home, get you checked. You don't seem too good." I said, and he shook his head.

"I'm fine, Sungmin." he brushed it off, but I refused.

"No, you're not. Who told you that, your bashed up brain cells? Come on, Kyuhyun. We'll get Lay to give you a once over." I insisted, and he growled under his breath at me.

"I said I'm fine." he said, glaring at me. I blinked, kind of shocked at the annoyance I saw being directed towards me, but then glared right back.

"Fine," I began, and his eyes widened.

"No, I didn't-" I shook my head, cutting him off.

"If you're sure you're fine then that's good. But," I said,  "If you find yourself bleeding to death somewhere then I do hope you'll remember that I was concerned enough to be considered annoying. I'm sorry for caring about your life after being in the hands of a phsycho." I said, then left the room. I made my way to the front door and kicked it open, making one of the doors fly off it's hinges and onto the concrete yard outside, a dent in the middle where my foot made contact.

"Hey," I heard, and frowned.

"What." I asked, and he sighed. 

"I'm sorry. I was just... I got mad at that guy for making you worry about me, and- I'm sorry." he said, making my frown deepen as I turned to see him. He was bloody and bruised, and covered it cuts and scrapes. I was pretty sure a few fingers from his left hand -that he was definitely hiding from me- were broken, too.

"I get it," I said, feeling my anger leave me, "But I- I somehow managed to find where you were and get to freaking Iksan in under twenty minutes- where the hell are we in Iksan anyway? And find you in ing chains, Kyuhyun, and because of that bastard," I pointed towards the house, "You think I wasn't mad at him? Do you actually think that I wasn't the slightest bit angry at him for touching you? For even looking in your direction? Cho Kyuhyun, I wanted to kill him, right there, but there are protocols. The most important of which included you being safe before he died, just in case we needed him for something. So don't you dare...don't you ever dare think I wasn't feeling exactly like you were." I was definitely sure I was crying by the end of it, and remembered my words to Eunhyuk, at some point after I found out the vampire secret.

'I'm always the one to cry, aren't I?'

"But...you were the top priority; damn it, I-" I didn't get to say whatever it was I wanted to say, because Kyuhyun had pulled me by hand, towards him, and hugged me like he was touch starved. His hands clutched my jacket's fabric and clenched it in his fists. I raised my hands eventually, and hugged him back.

"Thank you." he said, after a while. "I've been on my own for decades. Thank you, for coming to get me, Sungmin. Thank you for caring." his words were muffled by my clothes, and I was very sure he was crying too, but didn't mention it. I smiled into his shoulder.

"You're welcome."

______________________________________________________________________

I'VE HAD WRITERS' BLOCK FOR ING AGES, I SWEAR TO GOD I FEEL LIKE A CHANGED WOMAN. WELL. A CHANGED GIRL. I'M NOT EVEN LEGAL YET.

ANYWAY.

I'VE GRADUATED HIGHSCHOOL, EVERYONE BE HAPPY FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS WHAT FREEDOM FEELS LIKE, I KNOW IT, BECAUSE I CAN WRITE AGAIN AND IT'S NOT CRAPPY. GOD IS GOOD, PRAISE SHIVA, MOHAMMAD IS MY SAVIOUR. YES.

SO. This happened. Mwahahahahahahahaha,

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna