Chapter Fifteen

Bunny and Wolf

(Sungmin POV)

"Sungmin?" I turned to see Kyuhyun looking at me with eyes full of childlike curiosity. It made me smile to see him looking so cute.

"What's this?" He asked, but I was a little too shocked by my own thoughts to reply. 'Cute'? Was that what I thought of him? Like the way Hyukkie sees Hae, or the way I see Minnie? There was a difference, I was sure, but I couldn't place exactly what it was. I couldn't call it love, I knew that for sure, since I didn't even like Kyuhyun that way at all. Did I?

"Sungmin?" He asked again, and I blinked at the cold drinks vending machine he was pointing to. I smiled. Would it be bad if I did think of him that way?

"It's a vending machine, Kyu. You put your money there and it gives you whatever you choose." I said and his eyes widened almost comically as he looked from me to the machine, Hyukkie snorted, resulting in himself earning a glare from Kyuhyun. I sighed.

"Wanna try it?" I asked, an his gaze snapped back to me with hope in them, and he nodded once. I grinned and stuck a coin into the slot, and got myself a can of soda. I could see he was really surprised by it, and I wasn't really surprised; he had been in the less developed parts of Korea for hundreds of years. Apparently, the coven had killed Kyu's clan just days after they had moved to the city, so he hadn't known much -or any- of the modern technology. Well, it would be fun to teach him these things.

"Want some?" I asked, taking a sip from the can. He eyed it before nodding, and I gave it to him, half full, to finish. He downed it all in one go, and his lips when he was done.

"Liked it?" I asked as I took it form him to throw in the garbage bin behind him. He nodded as we all went further in to the cafeteria, ignoring the stares we were getting, and went up to the lunch lady. I smiled at her, and she returned it.

"Sungmin-ah, would you like the usual?" She asked, and I nodded as she gave me my mashed potatoes and pizza. Together. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at the combination, but I simply stuck my tongue out at him as Hyukkie got his usual cheese pizza. 

"Getting anything?" She asked Kyuhyun, and he eyed the trays before shaking his head with a small smile.

"No, thank you." He said, and she nodded, then went back to her business as we looked for a free table. Hyukkie sighed as he saw there were none, and went up to a random table.

"Out-" I cleared my throat, saving the four scared students, and smiled at Hyukkie.

"Hyukkie, let's go eat outside?" I said, and he 'Hn'ed like Kyuhyun does before shrugging, and smirked at the students as we went outside. When we got to the garden, he snickered.

"Their faces. Priceless. They actually thought I was gonna kick them outta there." He chortled, and I gave him a disapproving look.

"I would've believed it too, had I been one of them; don't you think that your scary face might... I dunno, scare people?" I asked, earning a light punch to my shoulder.

"Shaddup and eat your mashed potatoes, you killjoy." He muttered, and I smiled before looking to Kyuhyun.

"Hungry, Kyu?" I sked, and he shook his head.

"Thirsty?" He smiled lightly before shaking his head, knowing what kind of thirst I was talking about.

"I'm fine Sungmin." He said with a smile, and it nodded, before thinking of something. I held out my mashed potato covered pizza to him, and he raised an eyebrow, eyeing it oddly.

"Good idea, Min. Let's kill him." Hyukkie said, and I scowled at him while Kyuhyun smirked.

"He won't- Aish. Just try it, Kyu?" I asked, and said vampire hesitated before having some. He blinked at he swallowed, and stared at me with a calculating look on his face.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked in all seriousness, and Hyukkie burst out laughing, and fell off of his bench. I pouted at him, simply fueling his laughter as he rolled around on the grass. He laughed until he hiccuped, and I rolled my eyes as I stuck the straw inside his box of strawberry milk then handed it to him. He sipped it slowly, ridding himself of his hiccups and climbed back onto his bench. I gave a scowl to Kyuhyun, and he smirked lightly.

"Kidding. It wasn't that bad, just... Different." He said, and Hyukkie's jaw dropped as I grinned triumphantly. I continued to dip my pizza in the mashed potatoes, not noticing the pair of eyes stuck to me, nor the narrowed ones staying on Kyuhyun.

the bell then rung, and I pouted, not yet finished. Hyukkie and Kyuhyun waited for me to finish. This wouldn't be the first time we were late because of one of us not being finished, so it was fine with us all- Kyuhyun didn't particularly like the idea of having to go back into another class. Soon, I had finished, and my face and hands were a mess. Hyukkie laughed and told me to go clean up. I grinned at him and left for the bathroom, forcing him to promise he and Kyuhyun would go to class without me; I would only make them both later.

(Kyuhyun POV)

Sungmin has rather... Odd food preferences. Honestly, it wasn't totally disgusting, but... How could he eat that with such a happy face? He ate like a child, making a mess of everything, smearing it all ove his face and hands, making me smile softly. When he had finished, Eunhyuk sent him to clean himself up, and he forced him to promise we would go to class without him. I scowled, but it went unnoticed as Eunhyuk said yes. We both watched him as he went around the garden, not stepping on the grass, and into the school building. I sighed and turned to Eunhyuk's direction, expecting him to be walking away and leaving me here already. Instead, I was surprised to see him staring at me with a look I couldn't place.

"What are you playing at, Kyuhyun?" He asked, and I blinked. Raising an eyebrow at him, I scoffed.

"Me? Why is it when I'm innocent you accuse me, yet when I'm actually planning something you disregard it?" I asked, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"So you were planning something." My eyes widened and I laughed humorlessly.

"Is that all you heard? I'm not planning anything, Eunhyuk. Apart from getting out of your damned mansion and go home." I said, wondering why I felt like I didn't really want to leave Sungm- that place.

"No ones keeping you there, and you know it." He said, and I scowled. It was true, I could escape anytime I wanted to, and we both knew it. His entire coven knew it.

"I just don't want to have your lackeys on my back for the next twenty years as well while I try to live without my former clan." I said through clenched teeth, and he growled at me. 

"What's with you and Sungminnie?" He asked suddenly,, and I froze for a split second; enough for him to notice, before looking away.

"Nothing, that human and I have nothing between us." I said. It sounded better in my head, and I snarled under my breath as his eyes narrowed at me.

"You're being a load nicer to him than you would be if you were actually planning to kill him." He said, and I snorted.

That's kind of what 'I'm not planning anything' would imply." I said, making him snarl at me, sounding feral. 

"Don't you dare lie to me, Kyuhyun." He threatened, and I growled right back at him.

"Sungmin is-" I cut myself off, and blinked. He is... Is what exactly? I frowned, not hating but not understanding the feeling I got when I thought of what Sungmin was to me. Eunhyuk was eyeing me carefully with a disbelieving expression as I thought with a small frown on my face. I didn't know what he was to me, but he was precious to me. I 'tsk'ed. Why was this so hard?

"Sungmin is... special." I said, thinking about my words carefully, and his eyes widened. 

"...what?" I asked, and he said nothing, instead simply staring at me harder with the same wide eyes.

"No..." He muttered, and I raised an eyebrow as he slowly got angry.

"I won't accept it..." He snarled at me, and I was confused and surprised.

"No. Hell no. Kyuhyun, don't you dare... If you so much as think about being something like that to him, I will rip you to shreds." He threatened, and my own eyes widened as he advanced on me. My eyes then flashed a bright red as I growled at him. Who the hell was he to tell me not to be around who I wished?

" you, Eunhyuk. Who the do you think you are? I can be around who I like whenever I want. Look, I may not know what the hell I'm feeling right now, but to hell with us both if you can stop me fom figuring it out and staying by Sungmin." I snarled at him angrily, and stomped away. I soon found myself in front of the classroom Sungmin said we had to go to next, and entered. Everyone looked up as I came in, and I noticed the Soohyun guy fom before taught this class as well. I noddedd to him and sat in the empty seat next to the one by the window. I noticed Sungmin liked to sit by the window. Soon, said human came in, clean of all food, and with someone's ear in hand. He gave a -freaking scary as hell - glare to whoever it was he was dragging, and then smiled to Soohyun.

"Sorry, I found a wild Hyukkie on my way here, and couldn't help but catch him and bring him back to where he should be." He said, tugging a little harder on Eunhyuk's ear I held in a snicker at the sight of Eunhyuk's angry face turn into a sulking one as he looked to Sungmin. Said human sighed and let go of him before gesturing for him to go to his seat. I simply stared at Sungmin all the way from the door to his seat, ignoring the other one. Eunhyuk glared at me, and I smirked. The seat behind Sungmin was most likely supposed to be a new one for me; I'm assuming so because it was fairly clean compared to the other scribbled-on seats around it. I pointedly ignored him as he continued giving me the evil eye and sat behind Sungmin. I suppose the said bunny lover already warned him about making a scene in the classroom.

For some reason, my eyes kept straying to a certain blonde next to me whose eyes were glued to the person in front of the class. I was sort of enraptured by him; he was a mere human, but as far as I could see, he was nothing short of perfect. The more I stared, the more the feeling nagged at me. I never figured out what it was, and it was only until the class had almost ended that I realised we had been doing Biology.

 


 

... 

:3

Tell me watcha think?

~Anna