Chapter Six

Bunny and Wolf

"As you know, I'm the awesomest coven leader in the world-" I cut him off. Really, Hyukkie. Really?

"Debatable. Yours being the strongest coven doesn't mean you're the greatest leader."

"...shut up, let me have my way for once? Please?" 

"Only cuz you said please."

"Sungminnie! Pay attention to the story!"

"You're right, I should. I haven't had a seventeen year old tell me a scary story since daycare."

"So, since mine is the strongest," he began, completely ignoring my earlier jibe, "we've got lots of competition and even more hatred towards us from other covens."  I nodded, it was understandable. 

"It happened about... Twenty something years ago, I think." I snickered. Such an old man. As if reading my thoughts, he sent me an annoyed look.

"Not a word about it. Anyway, we had just finished...Er... Hunting. The coven has parties go out every night into secluded places to 'drink'. We never touched humans, or there would be hell when we got addicted to the taste." That made sense.

"Remember the bartender from the club? Siwon?" Nod.

"He's part of the coven. A truly odd vampire; his belief in God almost made him kill himself to get out of being a vampire." Hyukkie chuckled lightly, and I smiled.

"Well, he had finished his... meal... and was about to round the rest of the party up to come back, but they ran into trouble with another coven. Apparently, Leeteuk, another member of the party, had come across another covens own group while they were hunting, and he stumbled upon one of them feeding on a human. It was Kangin." My mouth dropped open, and he laughed at my expression.

"After being stuck to animals for so long, Leeteuk lost it and lunged. He got into a fight with Kangin, and the others got there just in time to stop his head being ripped off by Leeteuk. If you ever see him, make sure not to get him mad." I grinned at the warning, committing it to memory.

"So when our guys pried them away from each other, the rest of Kangin's party came. It was both of their faults, and I acknowledged it, as did the other clan's leader, but the members weren't as accepting. Leeteuk came out of the fight with a scar running from his shoulder to fingertips on the right side, but Kangin was worse; dislocated bones and a matching scar to Leeteuk's, except on the opposite side." He chuckled lightly.

"Some of our members for years about it being 'couple scars'. He shut them up eventually when he got pissed off enough, though." I smiled, watching him talk about his coven with that grin on his face made me happy. He clearly loves them all, and it was safe to assume they loved him back.

"So, after a while, the two clans made friends with each other, apart from Leeteuk and Kangin -They still hate each other- But then... Another clan came into the mix. It was an old clan, known by pretty much every vampire out there, and they were powerful." It stunned me to hear him speak so highly of them.

"They convinced Kangin's clan  and the leader that our coven was getting weaker and weaker every decade, and-" I sent him a look, and he laughed.

"What? A decade isn't that long, y'know."

"Yeah, you can say that cause you're that much older!" I exclaimed, earning a jab in the ribs.

"Anyway, long story short they persuaded Kangin's clan to turn against us because we drank animal blood instead of human blood, this apparently meaning that we grew weak." I nodded, understanding what he meant.

"So... Um... Drinking animal blood instead of human blood is like being a vegetarian?" I asked, and he burst out laughing, but nodded anyway.

"What is this twilight? Anyway, I guess you could say that. Well, since both clans were convinced that we were growing weaker, they attacked. Some of them, like Kangin and a few others realised they were being fed sheer bull, and fought with us."

"Really? What happened, you guys all made it, right?" I asked, and he nodded with a grin.

"Yeah, we gave both clans a beat down they never forgot. Though, they're technically dead now, so they won't exactly be remembering it either." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"But aren't you dead in the first place?" I asked and he blinked at me, then thwacked me in the face with a cushion.

"Stop mind ing me, Sungminnie," he said making me smile.

"So how does that guy from before come into all of this?" I asked. 

 "His name's Kyuhyun, and he was the son of Kangin's clan's leader." I blinked.

"Ohhh, he must hate you so much right now..." I muttered, and he sent me a sarcastic look.

"Really? I never woulda thought all these decades of glares meant he wanted to be my friend." He replied, and I grinned.

"I get why he doesn't like you, but why'd you have to give him the evil eye?" I asked. He 'hmph'ed, looking away with an angry expression, his fists clenched.

"I could see it in his eyes, Sungminnie. He's targeting you."


 "Everywhere locked up?" I nodded to Hyukkie as he and Donghae put the last of the boxes in his car. Because I knew of the danger, Hyukkie was moving me to the place he knocked me out and took me to. 

"I don't get why I have to leave; I've been fine by myself when I didn't know about it. What difference does it make now that I do?" I pouted, and he rolled his eyes.

"Y'know how there are fairy tails about vampires having superpowers?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Well, some of them can read minds, among other things." Donghae continued for him, slamming the trunk shut. I 'oh'ed with wide eyes.

 "That's awesome, but it kinda to be me..." I muttered, and they both laughed. Inside joke, probably. I made a face and turned away.

"Your mushyness is killing the vegetation." I said, dragging my feet over a patch of grass. They both rolled their eyes and got in the car.

"Can I dri -" 

"Nope."

"Hae, your boyfriend's mean."

"Don't bring me into this."

I pouted as I got into the back seat with Minnie. Hyukkie looked surprised, but I just gave him a smile as Donghae went into the seat next to him. He blinked, then turned a lights shade of pink before ruffling my hair from his seat. He turned around to see me.

"Seatbelt on?" I groaned.

 "Hyukkieee!"

"Nope. Buckle up." I pouted as I buckled myself up, then doing Minnie's own nim the seat next to me. I gave Hyukkie the 'happy now?' look. He smiled and looked back in front and started the car. I stared out the window as those two sent each other loving looks.

"Um... Person and bunny in the car, keep all hands to yourselves." I said, and Donghae's eyes widened and he didn't look at Hyukkie for the rest of the trip, keeping both hands clenched in his lap. Hyukkie sent me a totally shocked look, but the the tint of red on his face kind of dulled the halfhearted glare he was giving the car in front of him. I grinned as I noticed that even when we arrived with the mansion-like place that they have made eye contact. My eyes then widened, and I pulled Hyukkie aside as we were unpacking. He gave me a questioning look.

"I seem to remember someone saying he could get laid whenever he wanted because he was just awesome like that. Something tells me it's not so true?" I teased, and his eyes widened almost comically.

"S-Sungminnie! We haven't- I mean- I can't- not to Hae- and, it's just that- YAH! Where'd you learn these things from?!" He was so flustered, it was unbelievable. It was actually really cute, and I chuckled lightly, and pat both his cheeks with my hands.

"You're right; not till you're married right? And you can blame all this on yourself, you contaminating ert." I said, leaving his standing with wide eyes as I helped Donghae with the boxes. I grinned at said fish.

"Ignore what I said earlier; just teasing Hyukkie." I said, and he blinked, then sent me a relieved smile.

"Oh... It's just that we haven't..." He trailed off as he realized what he was about to say, and quickly went to do more unpacking from the car. I grinned, this should be awkward for them now. Revenge , doesn't it, Hyukkie? Don't you just wish you took that thirty seconds to tell me about yourself all those years ago?


Soooo, how was it? Now you know about Kyu ^.^

I sorta think it's a kind of weak character, but my editor seems to like it. I hope you guys do as well!

Tell me watcha think?

~Anna