Chapter Twenty One

Bunny and Wolf

"School ." Kyuhyun said, making me look over to him. We were in the backseat of Hyukkie's car as we drove home, and I was curious.

"Really? I like it." I said, and he 'hmm'ed.

"Most of them don't actually learn stuff, they just...talk. And talk, and talk, and talk." he said, making Hyukkie and I laugh.

"Yeah, that's usually how it goes. Don't worry though, just ignore them all and focus on your own studies." Hyukkie said. Kyuhyun huffed.

"Humans." he muttered, exasperated. I grinned and poked him.

"Yah! Not all of us!" I said. He smiled.

"I don't know, you talk more than them all put together." he said, and Hyukkie cackled from the driver's seat.

"Shaddup, pay attention to the road." I said, making them both roll their eyes at me changing the subject.

Soon we were home, thanks to Hyukkie's driving -that Kyuhyun had finally gotten accustomed to- and were greeted by the sight of a distraught Donghae. Hyukkie was out of the car seemingly before the engine was cut, Kyuhyun and I following.

"Hae, what is it?" I asked as Hyukkie hugged him comfortingly.

"...Ryeowook's been kidnapped." he said, and my eyed widened. Hyukkie cussed under his breath and wrapped my fingers tighter around Minnie. But I wasn't having any of this.

"Do we know who it was?" I asked calmly. Hyukkie buried his face in Donghae's hair as said fish nodded.

"A rival clan. They've been trying to kill us for a few years now." he replied. I 'hmm'ed and pulled my phone out my pocked and speed dialled.

"Who're you calling?" Kyuhyun asked, peeking at the screen.

"Heechul." I replied, and Dongahe gave me a confues look.

"Why?" I blinked. Was he serious?

"We're getting him back." 

 


 

"They're in Korea, still, though six of them just booked a flight for LA." Heechul said, and I nodded, taking the computer from him.

"Can we narrow it down to an actual region?" Hyukkie asked. I smirked.

"That was kind of insulting." I snarked, making him grin as he gave a handsign for the others to get ready. They left the room, coming back within seconds with their weapons.

"In Suwon." I said as Kyuhyun came in and gave me an odd look. I shrugged.

"I get bored, okay?" I defended.

"So you teach yourself to track people? Makes sense." he teased as he took the computer from me. A few seconds later, and he smirked.

"Hwaseong Fortress." He said, and I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Shaddup." I muttered as he smirked at me.

"Not bad for a rookie though." I threw a cushion at him as Hyukkie rolled his eyes.

"Come on, they could be doing things to Ryeowook by now." he said, and stopped suddenly as a knife embedded itself into the wall just in front of his face. He closed his eyes and peeked at me, seething at him.

"Would it kill you to be at least a little positive about things?" I growled, and he clenched his jaw.

"I can't." he said, and I took a sad breath, nodding as Heechul powered down his computer.

"With good reason." I said, a hand on Hyukkie's arm as I passed. He gave me a lost look, and I smiled.

"It won't get better until it gets worse." I recited, making him smile and nod. Then we left.

When we got to the train station, I frowned. This could be a problem. Peeking over at Hyukkie, I bit my lip; I was right, this is a problem.

"Why. Are. We. Not. Moving?" he asked angrily, and the train conductor person sighed.

"I'm sorry sir, the train is only half full, and it is not yet time to depart." he said. I heard everyone behind me growl, and sighed, tugging on Hyukkie's sleeve. He scoffed and glared at the floor. Donghae held his hand, and he calmed down. I turned to the conductor.

"Hello, I'm Lee Sungmin. We're looking for a friend who got kidnapped recently. If we don't go now, then not only will these guys hate you forever, but I'll hunt you down and kill everyone you love in front of you, slowly and painfully." I said, offering a smile.

Silence~

"H-Have a good trip."

 


 

"Should I ask?" Kangin asked, eyeing me. I rolled my eyes.

"When we get him back." I replied, and he nodded, as did everyone else.

"Sungmin-"

"I know, Eunhyuk, and I'm not particularly happy either. Leave it." I cut him off. He gave me a squeeze before going the plan over with everyone.

'The plan?' You ask. Well...

Arrive, get Wookie, leave.

It's worked so far, apparently, so it ain't gonna stop now.

A hand on my shoulder made me look up. It was Kyuhyun, giving me a deeply concerned look.

"Ssh." he shushed me, and I took a deep breath as I calmed down, leaning on him for support.

"We've gotta get him back, Kyu." I said, and he nodded, hugging me.

"I know."

"I can't live with myself if we didn't get him back."

"I know."

"God, Kyu, what if-" he cut me off with two fingers over my mouth.

"Don't think about 'what if' anything. We're getting him back." he said firmly, and I nodded with a small smile.

"Yeah." I agreed, not noticing the gazes of every vampire on the train aimed at us.

Upon arrival in Suwon, after many, many train rides, we got off and the vampires all stuck their noses in the air and sniffed. It was a funny sight, and I would have laughed, had I not been fuming; during our ride, someone messaged Hyukkie's phone. 

'Want him back? Come get him, Eunhyuk.'

"They're really slow." Kyuhyun said, making all eyes turn towards him.

"Does anyone know who Ryeowook was with when it happened?" Hyukkie asked. I sighed. We're arriving in Suwon and now he asks?

"Yesung." Leeteuk answered, pointing at the said vampire, who had wide, worried eyes as he stared at the floor of the train from his seat.

"Yesung, do you-" I hit Hyukkie upon noticing him flinch at his coven leader's harsh voice.

"Shut up." I said, sighing as I ran a hand through my hair. Soon, the train stopped, and other people shuffled out before and after us. On person stood directly in front of us with a crooked smile.

"You're going to get your pet? Nice children you are." he said, then cackled and disappeared into the crowd. There was silence among us until Siwon growled, sounding feral, and all the others joined in until some unspoken command told them to start sniffing.

"That way." Yesung pointed, and we all looked to him.

"His scent; Ryeowook." he said, moving without waiting for our responses. He didn't have to anyway, we all followed without question. If anyone knew Ryeowwook's scent, it would be him.

"Why?" I asked as we neared the fortress. They stopped and looked at me.

"Ryeowook's a half blood, he isn't as strong as-" I shook my head, cutting off Jonghyun's explanation.

"Not that... Why are we here already? It should be harder. Much harder." I said, and they were quiet as we stared up at the building in front of us.

"His scent is definitely here." Yesung said. I 'hmm'ed.

Was I looking too much into this?

Possibly.

Was there actually something wrong here?

Probably.

Shaking my head, as if clearing my thoughts, I nodded to Hyukkie.

"It's probably nothing. It's fine." I said. He nodded, and looked back at the fortress with a grin full of teeth. Very sharp teeth.

"Let's go."


Sooooo.......

PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!

I haven't updated in about.... 867412984 decades.

...

I'm sorry.

Forgive me society, for I have sinned.

Tell me whatcha think?

Who do you want to be the bad guy who kidnapped our Wookie? Shall we make it a vote or not? :3

~Anna