Chapter Twenty Four

Bunny and Wolf

"Sungmin?" Kyuhyun came into my room. After we got back home, Ryeowook was sent to the lab to be treated by Lay, one of the half breeds. Ahra was put in the dungeon for Hyukkie, after he finished working out some of his anger in the gym. I went straight to my room, punched the wall a couple times, effectively breaking it and making my fists bleed, then sat on my bed, grabbed Minnie, and cried. I hated when I killed people. Not that it was done very often, but I hated death in the first place, so I suppose that has a hand in it.

I sniffled as Kyuhyun came in and sat by my side, then hugged me. I leaned into him, enjoying his smell and warmth. He ran a hand through my hair, and I released a shuddering breath.

"Why do I always end up crying? In front of you, no less." I said, and he chuckled in a deep voice, one that made me feel weird. I felt like I wanted to hear it again.

"I've noticed too. We really should work on that." He teased, and I smiled as he let go.

"I don't usually cry, really. But I seem to be doing nothing but that since..." Since Hyukkie told me he was a vampire. Kyuhyun shushed me gently, giving me a small smile.

"What, so you're gonna make this about him? What about me?" He asked, and I laughed. He brought a hand up hesitantly, and wiped a tear from my cheek. He looked at me, and I suddenly felt vulnerable. If he asked anything of me, I would probably do it.

"Will you tell me?" he asked, and I stilled.

"Tell you what?" I asked, and he bit his lip, something that distracted me from hearing what he said, though I already knew it.

"Everything." He murmured, and I swallowed before nodding.

"Okay." I took a breath, and began.

"The first time I killed someone was an accident. It was a vampire, and he was following me because he caught the scent of Hyukkie on me. I thought he was just a regular ert stalker, so didn't hesitate to beat him up. I hate those kinds of people. I thought he was breathing when I left him there and called the police, but the next morning I saw him on the TV; his face and the spot where I left him. I was really scared, so I hid in my foster parents' room until they came home from work. I don't know why, though. It's not like they were nice to me, anyway. Sure, they fed me and sheltered me, but... I knew what real parents felt like. I couldn't help but compare them.

I avoided everyone at school, because they had suspicions. That spot was on the way to my house, which happened to be in the opposite direction of the school, while everyone else lived either near to it or in the same direction. With me being known for my anger issues, before Minnie, of course, and reputation for Martial Arts, I became feared, much like Hyukkie and I are now." I paused, closing my eyes to get away from having to see his expression.

"Then?" I grit my teeth.

"Then Hyukkie came back. I knew, through Heechul-hyung what he'd done on that plane, and it should have bothered me. It should have; vampires weren't real at the time, nor was Hyukkie anything other than my best friend. But because he was my best friend...I completely skipped over the plane massacre and instead focused on him. He left me. I got stalked home by a le, Hyukkie wasn't there with me, I killed the pedo, Hyukkie still wasn't there." I sighed, feeling suddenly useless, and slumped backwards, my head hitting the pillow and I stared up at the cieling, seeing Kyuhyun's dark locks at the edge of my vision. He lay next to me, and I was about to continue, but he put a finger over my lips, effectively silencing me. I looked over, and found him looking back at me with a small, comforting smile.

"You don't have to tell me."

"I want to."

"I won't let you, until you're over it. If you keep going, you'll cry. I couldn't bear to see you cry again."

"And if talking about it will help?"

"Then I guess I'll never know."

I had nothing to say in return.


Kyuhyun led me downstairs to Hyukkie, who was fuming, pacing up and down the living room while Donghae sat on the sofa in the middle of the room with a worried look on his face. Everyone looked up when we came down, and I looked around, seeing everyone accounted for, and unknowingly sighed in relief.

"Wookie?" I asked as I got to Hyukkie. He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Still in the lab. Lay's doing all he can." he said, and Yesung snarled.

"It's not enough, damnit! He won't wake up!" I saw his eyes flash gold, as he glared at Hyukkie, and suddenly everyone was between me and him, backing me. Kyuhyun was at the front of everything, head to head with Yesung, and I was utterly helpless. Again.

"Yah! Stop!" I said, and they looked at me as I made my way to the front of the crowd where Hyukkie, Yesung and Kyuhyun stood in a sort of circle. I put my hand on Yesung's shoulder, and he gave me a sorrowful look.

"Lay's the best of the best. Wookie's strong enough to get through this, and you know it." I said, then my eyes flickered to the others around the room. "You all know it." I continued, then smiled.

"Besides, he hasn't seen the wedding ring you got for him yet." I said off handedly, and everyone froze, especially Yesung, then shouted out 'what?!' and crowded him with questions. I smirked as he was swamped with an armful of protective Key and Jonghyun, and left the room, going down another flight of stairs and turned left a few times, until I got to the lab. Pushing the door open, I saw Lay hunched over a table to my left, and frowned.

"Hey," I greeted. He gave a small sound in reply, concentrated on Ryeowook.

"How's he doing?" I asked, and he gave another sound,one that asked me to give him a second. I complied, waiting until he was done washing his hands of all the blood, then looked to him with hopeful eyes. He smiled lightly and pat my head, much like he would a dog. I pouted, but said nothing, instead waited for him to tell me.

"Better. Much better, actually. Whatever they slipped him to knock him out wasn't supposed to kill him, just sedate him for about a week straight. Strong stuff, really. Wonder where they got it from..." 

"Not that it's important." he quickly said after the look I gave.

"But yeah, he'll be fine in a week. Be skipping around the kitchen again. I miss his stew. Dear God, he could make stew like my mother. Speaking of, how's my mother? Is she still alive? I think so. Well, I hope so anyway. It'd if she's dead; I hadn't even gone to the funeral. Oh well. Hey, Sungmin, wanna see if you can make stew?" 

I blinked, then grinned, reached up on my tiptoes and hugged him around the neck.

"Thanks Yixing." I said, and he stilled, before relaxing into the hug, returning it.

"Anytime. Now go, I believe Leader-nim...ah... Eunhyuk's needing a calming down. Namely you, since Donghae's gone to see Heechul." he said, waving a hand as an apologetic guesture. I sighed. They'd never get out of that habit of calling Hyukkie with so much authority.

True to Lay's word, when I got only two steps out the lab, Hyukkie's angry voice was heard. When I made it all the way up, Donghae was really gone too. I guess vampire ears were no joke.

"..you do not lash out at your coven leader!" Hyukkie growled out, and I blinked in surprise at the unfamiliar voice.

"You do not deserve to be called the coven leader if you allow your enemies into your ranks!" the person said, and I guess he was talking about Kyuhyun. I snuck up the rest of the stairs, all ninja-like, but deflated as my ninja skills were noticed by everyone in the room. Damn.

"Sungmin-"

"And now there's a human as well? What the is going on, Eunhyuk?" the guy was tall. I mean, I may be kind of short, so that might have influenced me, but he was tall, okay? (A little taller than average height, really, but he was angry and looked intimidating!)

There were six others behind him, all facepalming at his outbursts. I liked them. Sidestepping the hand flung out as the tall guy ranted, I took the six by the hands and pulled them, one by one, over behind Eunhyuk, and introduced myself.

"I'm Sungmin, hi." I said to the closest one. He grinned at me, a rectangle smile that made my own smile widen.

"Taehyung. Just call me V." he said, and I nodded with a grin, then the others introduced themselves.

"Jungkook."

"Jimin."

"Yoongi, but call me Suga."

"Seokjin, but just Jin is fine."

"Hoseok. These guys call me JHope though."

"That one ranting over there is Namjoon. He's only like this because he lost a friend because of a human."

"And where the do you get off telling the human my business?" Namjoon called over to us, but then began ranting to Hyukkie again.

"I'm sorry if he treats you badly." Jin said, bowing. The others followed, and I dragged them up with wide eyes. 

"Oh my God, don't bow to me. That's so weird. Anyway, it's fine. Really. Oh yeah, I guess you know the rest of the coven?" they nodded.

"Well then, you haven't met Kyuhyun yet!" I said, and suddenly he was next to me just as I turned to look for him. 

"Oh. Wow. Stop doing that." I mumbled, and he smirked down at me. I took his hand and held it out to the group, knowing he wouldn't do it on his own.

"This is Kyuhyun. Kyu, these are JHope, Jimin, V, Jungkook, Jin and Suga. That one's Namjoon, and he's not always mean." I said, and no one moved.

"Shake his hand. He won't offer." I said to V, who 'a-ah, okay'ed and took the other's hand in his own. I noticed Kyuhyun tense, so I decided this was enough torture for today.

"...A ing human!" I think Namjoon's done ranting. Taking a deep breath, I went up to him and grinned.

"Hi, I'm Sungmin. The human. Now, dun bother ing to me about what happened in the past, because my parents died by your kind. D'you see me trying to burn you with firey glares? Nope! Let's get along, Namjoon-hyung!" I said. I will admit, I said it rather quickly, so I wasn't surprised when Namjoon took a little while staring at me to take my outstretched hand with a nod. He then his heel and left. I blinked, frowning. I was hoping all that would make him at least say hello. Guess not...

"Sungmin, what-" I shook my head.

"Nope. Hyukkie, I dun want your coven to not like me!" I whined, and he sighed.

"No one can not like you, idiot. You annoy them too much for them to try get away from you." he muttered.

"Yah, Lee Eunhyuk, that made no sense!"

"It did, you just haven't gotten on my level yet."

"Your lev- Says the one who fails our physchology course!" I said, then ran behind Leeteuk as Hyukkie growled and lunged for me. Leeteuk picked me up and put me behind Kangin, who shouted a 'yah! pretty boy, don't put him here!' just as Hyukkie swiped a clawed hand in Kangin's direction. Said vampire got nicked on the side of his face, and I froze, making Hyukkie crash into me. He caught me before I could fall, and straightened me up. I went to Kangin and my thumb, rubbing it on his cut.

"Not the best disinfectant around, but it's gonna do. God knows where those claws have been..." I muttered, hearing an offended whine (VERY much like a dogs') from Hyukkie.

"You don't have to disinfect it, Sungminnie. We don't get infected." Leeteuk said, and I froze, then turned to Hyukkie with a glare. He gave a nervous laugh.

"And you didn't feel like telling me this earlier?" I asked. He shrugged, sticking his tongue out childishly.

"I couldn't tell you I don't get infections; you didn't know I wasn't human." he defended, and I rolled my eyes.

"I your hand, Hyukkie. Oh my God. I have to go drink bleach now, excuse me." I said, and made for the stairs, but was caught and swung around by someone. I looked up to find Hangeng giving me an amused look.

"Bleach? Why, did Eunhyuk finally give in and kiss you? Ooh, I gotta tell Donghae." Heechul's voice said from behind us. I laughed and shook my head.

"I've been his wounds ever since we were small cause I didn't want him to get infected. Of course, now he tell me that it's a physical impossibility, I've gotta go cleanse now." I grinned, and he returned it, then froze.

"Whoa, whoa. Hold up. You've been his cuts. Like, bleeding wounds? Like, you may possibly have his blood inside you?" he wrinkled his nose, and I stared at him in horror.

"Ewwwwwwww, don't say that!" I groaned. He gave me a confused look, before he caught on to what I was thinking, and laughed. 

"Not like that, Sungminnie. But, I think I may have figured out how you're so badass, even in the vampire world." he said with a smile, though I knew behind that grin was a mind at work. 

"YAH, LEE EUNHYUK, WHY THE IS THERE A STRANGER ON OUR DOORSTEP MUTTERING ABOUT OUR SUNGMINNIE?"

Ah, Donghae's home.


I apologise in every way possible for the wait. Like seriously, where the have I been? O.o

By the way, this... this could actually pass as a crack chapter xD

Nah, my crack chapters would be much, much worse :3

Aanywhore, tell me whatcha think?

~Anna