Chapter Twenty Eight

Bunny and Wolf

Kyuhyun's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he turned to a wide eyed Donghae.

'Hyukjae?' he mouthed. Donghae nodded and gestured to Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun's own eyes widened.

...Hyukjae. Eunhyuk's birth name. Even if Eunhyuk said he trusted them with his name, none of them present had actually expected Sungmin to say it. This... this could be bad.

Eunhyuk's eyes widened, and he sighed, realization crossing his face. He dismissed the other coven members, leaving only Sungmin in the room. Kyuhyun glared, telling him he wasn't leaving any time soon.

(Sungminnie POV)

"...You've been to see Heechul, I guess?" Hyukjae asked. I narrowed my eyes and stalked up to him.

"You lied to me."

"I didn't!"

"Not telling me the truth counts as lying."

"I didn't not tell you the truth, I just..."

"Didn't tell me. I can't believe you."

"What was I supposed to say? You didn't know vampires existed!"

"I know now! And still you couldn't find it in you to tell me? Is this a thing you do that I don't know about? Because I'm starting to find things are being hidden from me that I never thought would possibly be true." Hyukjae winced.

"First you don't tell me what you are... then you run off and leave me to fend for myself. But I told you, you're forgiven, Hyuk. You always were. And I'm not mad about that anymore. But... the fact that you've hidden this from me. I tried to forgive you, Hyuk. I really did. I'm so sorry, but I can't. I tried. I tried, but I can't." I realized I was being rather repetitive, but... I didn't have much more to say. 

"Sungmin. I won't apologize," he began, "Because I'm not sorry for not telling you." he said, moving towards me. He pulled me into a hug, and I relaxed, feeling the familiar embrace calming me. In a way, Hyukkie was Minnie, except way, way better. 

"I'm not sorry. So don't forgive me."

"When did you know?"

"Your first...uh...the first time you killed that guy." he replied, and I 'oh'ed weakly.

"Why?" Why didn't you tell me?

"I couldn't." I thought you'd hate me for your parents' death, how could I tell you this as well?

"And after?" After I found out vampires were a thing?

"Didn't know how. I thought..." I didn't know how either of us would cope with it. I thought you'd hate me even more.

"Never." I would never hate you for anything.

"I know." I know that, but I couldn't just do something like that to you.

"...How? Heechul said it was your blood." How was I turned? Heechul said your blood's in me so it happened slowly, and I didn't notice.

"It was. I didn't- I never would have..." I didn't know my blood would do this, but it did. I never would have let you do it if I knew. I'm such an idiot.

"No." You're not an idiot. 

"Sorry."

"Don't." Don't be sorry. I don't want you to be sorry.

He released me, and I stood away from the hug with a small smile. I wasn't sad, nor did I feel betrayed. I was just annoyed he kept something else from me.

"You know you have to tell everyone else...?" I began, and he groaned.

"I don't wanna." he pouted.

"Should I do it, then?" I asked, and he scoffed.

"I don't want that even more. Knowing you, you'll just say it randomly at the dinner table. Cause a freaking riot in my coven." he joked. I grinned.

"I would, actually." I murmured, and he laughed.

"I know." he snickered. I shoved him playfully, smiling.

We were good now.

"So does anyone feel like explaining?" a voice made m ejump, but then I recognised who it was.

"Kyu!" I grinned at him as he came over.

"Where should we start explaining from?" Hyukkie asked, and I chuckled, realizing we really did have much to sort out.

"From the very beginning, a very good place to start."

"Don't you dare bring up Sound of Music, Sungminnie, I swear to God." 

I snickered at his expression before turning back to Kyu.

"What do you wanna know?" I asked. He bit his lip, kind of distracting me from whatever he was about to say.

"What exactly does my sibling bond with Ahra breaking have to do with you?" he asked, and I stilled momentarily, something I wished I could convince myself they didn't notice.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." I said, cursing my voice for shaking.

"Who was accusing who of lying?" he asked, eyes narrowed, and I looked away.

"I'm not. Not this time," I said, returning my gaze to his, "It...it really has nothing to do with me."

(Kyuhyun's POV)

His heartbeat says he's not lying, but... the way he reacted when he found out, plus the way he looks so sad when he said it... both make me think he's not telling me something.

"Fine," I said, harsher than intended, and he flinched slightly. I forced my voice to be softer.

"What exactly was all the hugging for?" I asked, looking away when I felt jealousy boiling under the surface. Sungmin tilted his head to the left cutely, scrunching his nose. Jesus.

"Just now? I was using Hyukkie to calm me down so that I didn't rampage again. I don't know how you did it when you were small, 'cause you have worse anger issues than me, but it's hard!" he ranted, and I blinked. What was he talking about?

"Uh. Wait, hold on. What?" I asked, and he 'oh'ed.

"I'm a vampire, Kyu. I've got Hyukkie's blood in me." he said. It wasn't very climatic; he said it calmly, as if commenting on the weather, or like he did when he said I looked good in dark green.

"Uh. Oh..kay?" I had no idea what to say.What was there to say?

Now that I think about it though, it made perfect sense; Sungmin does this thing where the room temperature changes depending on his emotions, and he easily controls the coven members, even though they may deny it. That probably comes from the vampires feeling some kind of leadership from him, as he does have their leader's blood in him; the blood of a pure vampire.

"How have you not been drinking blood for the whole of your life?" was all I could come up with to ask. He smiled softly at me.

"I'm only half vampire. I guess unless someone bites me, there'll be no full-vampire-Sungmin." he said, and I smiled at him referring to himself in third person.

"Do you want to be a full vampire?" I asked, curious. He blinked at me, looking startled at the question, but shook his head.

"Ew. No. I don't want to kill poor animals. I'm already having a hard time seeing you guys come home with blood all over you." he said, and I smiled. Yeah, he wasn't going to change just because he knows he's a vampire now. Thank God.

"Well, we'll try to clean ourselves up before we let you see us, then. Right?" I looked up to Eunhyuk with a small smile. He looked stunned, as was I, at my sudden friendliness, but nodded anyway, grinning at Sungmin.

"A bath in the stream might not be bad." he said, "Maybe you can join us sometime." he said, a grin full of teeth, and Sungmin flushed a pretty red, looking at me, then squeaking and looking away.

"I'm still going to kill you." he muttered, and Eunhyuk snickered.

"You'd thank me if you were brave enough." he taunted. Sungmin narrowed his eyes at the other, and I smiled at them bickering. I still didn't like the monkey coven leader, but he made Sungmin happy. Who was I to hate them being around each other?

"I'm just trying to help your non-existent love life." Eunhyuk said nonchalantly, and Sungmin kicked him in the shin. Eunhyuk swore under his breath.

"My love life has been perfectly fine being non-existent until now, and I'm sure it'll continue being fine." the smaller retorted. I leaned slightly to the left to get a better look at his pouting side profile. 

The boy really was perfect, actually.

"...Kyu? Something wrong?" he asked uddenly, and I blinked, realizing I was still leaning, and was now frozen at an odd position. I cleared my throat, straightening up, and ignoring Eunhyuk's knowing smirk.

"You two are going to make me go insane, really." he muttered. Both Sungmin and I turned to look at him, confused. He laughed before shaking his head.

"It's gonna take a while to set things straight, but it'll happen." he said, then ruffled his own hair, "Heh. Straight." he then gestured for us to leave with him. We did, finding the others doing whatever around the house.

"Hyuk!" we heard Donghae call, and Eunhyuk was gone in an instant. Sungmin calmly walked to their room, knocking on the door.

"Are you two clothed? Kyu and I wanna come in. Without being scarred." he called with a straight face. I looked away to hide my smirk.

Eunhyuk opened the door with an annoyed look.

"Sungminnie!" Donghae waved.

"Hae!" Sungmin greeted with a smile. "What are you doing?" he asked, going inside. I followed, closing the door behind me.

"Ah...Sungminnie, you really shouldn't come in, there was a-" Eunhyuk was cut off by a spider running across the floor. Sungmin froze, and the room suddenly got several degrees colder. How he did this while being half human, I don't know. He whimpered, staying rooted to the spot. I cocked my head to the side slightly and circled him.

"You okay?" I asked. He looked up at me, eyes slightly watering. My own eyes widened as he suddenly jumped at me, wrapping his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist. Oh God. 

"Is it gone? Tell me it's gone. Oh my God, will someone just say it's gone?" He rambled, face pressed against my neck. I felt it when he spoke, and suddenly the room was a few hundred degrees hotter. Again, how he does this while being half human, I don't know.

"Uh..." I cleared my throat. "So...is it gone?" I asked, ignoring Eunhyuk almost passed out on the floor from laughing too much, focusing on Donghae. He nodded with a smile, and I smiled at him, as acknowledgement, and an apology for being an to him before. He returned it, telling me it was okay. I sat on the bed, since Sungmin didn't seem like he was getting down any time soon. I tapped his shoulder and leaned against the headboard. He peeked up at me and I looked at him, amused.

"It's gone." I said, and he looked around, making sure, before slumping back onto me, breathing a sigh of relief. Eunhyuk snorted in his corner, and Sungmin called out a ' you, Hyuk' without looking up from my shirt. He leaned back, breathing regularly now, and smiled at me sheepishly.

"I hope I didn't cry on your shirt." he said in an apologetic tone. I smiled.

"You didn't." Even if you did, it would be okay. "Do you always attack people when there are bugs around?" I asked, and he turned red.

"Shut up." he muttered, looking away.

"You do?" I laughed. "Cute." I muttered, without thinking. He blinked up at me with wide eyes, and I instantly berated myself for letting the word slip so easily. I looked away.

"It's not cute, it's embarassing!" he said, and I looked back at him to see him pouting at me. 

"Pouting doesn't make us think you're less cute, Sungminnie." Donghae said. Sungmin stopped, then flopped on the bed on his side with an annoyed sigh.

"It's not fair. I don't know when I do it, so I can't not do it." he mumbled into the bed. Donghae moved to hold a hand out to Eunhyuk, who took it. He was pulled up with more strength than I thought the brunette capable of, then pulled into a kiss that made me look away in disgust. Sungmin sighed.

"Mom, Dad, stop. There are children in the room, and we can hear you. Oh God, ew." he whined. The two broke apart with smiles at Sungmin's words, but continued staring at each other until they got to the bed, where Donghae jumped on Sungmin and Eunhyuk sat at the foot of the bed, watching them.

"I'm offended. I know which one of us you're thinking is the mother." he said, and Sungmin laughed.

"You two should get married. You'll se, Hyukkie'll be waiting for Kyu to walk Hae down the aisle." he said, and Donghae poked him.

"Why am I the girl?" he whined.

"You'd look better in a dress." came the response, and I snorted, almost choking as I laughed into my hand.

I couldn't help it, but imagining Eunhyuk in a wedding dress was mind blowing.

The three turned to me as I laughed, and Sungmin snickered, most likely imagining the same thing. Eunhyuk thwacked him over the head, earning a playful hit from Donghae. I buried my face into the pillow I was holding, making sure to breathe to calm down. 

"Oh my God. Kyu, I think I have pictures of Hyukkie like three years ago. He wore a dress for our school festival, and-" he was cut off by Eunhyuk covering his mouth.

"Shut up. Shut up, shut up, shut up." Eunhyuk said, and when Sungmin his hand, he pulled away.

"Ew." he said, wiping his hand on Donghae's shirt.

"Yah!" Donghae scolded, earning a sheepish expression. Eunhyuk leaned up to kiss him again, but Sungmin stuck his hand in between.

"No! Not when Kyuhyun's in the room, please!" he said. We all stared at him.

"So you wouldn't mind us face with you in the room?" Eunhyuk asked bluntly, and Sungmin rolled his eyes.

"You're my best friend," he said, pointing to Eunhyuk, "And you're hot." he pointed to Donghae, then shrugged. "It's adorable when you two kiss." he said, and Eunhyuk facepalmed, while Donghae blushed from the praise. I blinked. He found Donghae hot? The man was attractive, definitely, but...

"Unless Kyuhyun just happens to be a closet e -which I doubt- then no lovey stuff with him in the room." Sungmin said, and I looked at him.

"No offence to those mentioned, but you have horrible taste in terms of attraction." I said, the words flowing easily, even though I was inadvertently dissing someone.

Eunhyuk burst out laughing, hiccupping as he did, and even Donghae hid his face in his hands as he laughed uncontrollably, almost falling off the bed. Sungmin was hiding his face too, laughing. I was confused.

"If only you knew." Eunhyuk said when he calmed down. Sungmin shifted to lie on his back, staring at the cieling with a smile, resting his head on Donghae's lap.

"Not a word from either of you." Sungmin said, chuckling lightly.

"I have bad taste in guys. But it's not my fault, I didn't know I liked them before y- uh... like a month ago." Sungmin said, and Eunhyuk and Donghae exchanged a look as he changed whatever he was about to say. He then looked at me, a small smile on his face.

"But yeah. I really, really, really have bad taste. I don't know why I even like him." he said, and I suddenly felt miserable.

"He's an to everyone, except for me, for whatever reason he has; he's unbelievably antisocial; he hates my best friend; he doesn't get along very well with his family; and he leaves home in the middle of the nights to go do whatever." Sungmin said, and I frowned. 

"Sounds like a bad guy." I said, looking out the window to my far right. Sungmin laughed.

"He is. But he's not really. He's a good guy. A really good guy." he said, and I could actually see how much he liked this guy. It made me feel sick.

"Would you be happy with him?" I couldn't help but ask, still not looking at anyone. He 'hmm'ed for a moment, then broke out into the most gorgeous smile I've seen on him.

"Yeah. I think I would."

And then I felt everything shatter.


...Don't hate me. Please? Please don't eat me.

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna