Chapter Thirteen

Bunny and Wolf

"Sungm- Lee Sungmin get your up this instant!" Wha...? Why's Hyukkie screaming at this time in the morning, the sun isn't even up yet. I heard a loud growl, rather feral and animalistic, and felt the vibration next to me from whoever it was who was obviously angered.

"Eunhyuk." I heard Kyuhyun's voice say with sheer hatred next to me. Oh, he was the one who growled. Why was he so angry?

"What are you doing here, Kyuhyun?" Hyukkie asked, sounding really mad. I heard Kyuhyun 'hn', and someone snarled. Probably Hyukkie, because I couldn't feel it coming from Kyuhyun. While they glared at each other, I was trying to find the willpower to sit up. I had a perfect warm spot right here, and I could tell it was cold outside the blanket, since my cheeks were freezing. I groaned, in attempt to tell them to shut up and stop fighting. They both fell silent as I finally sat up, finding myself with Kyuhyun's arm around me, sort of hugging me as I slept.

"Lee Eunhyuk, why the hell are you waking me up af this time? Is the freaking house is burning down?" I asked when I saw Hyukkie's sheepish expression as he realized he woke me up this early in the morning. We had all gone to sleep at around three this morning. The sun wasn't up yet, so it was really early, judging by the faint sound of birds that had just woken up.

"I know it's early, Sungminnie,  but-" 

"Nope. I dun wanna. Whatever it is, it can wait." I said, looking at the watch on Kyuhyun's hand. It said 5:34. I had slept for two and half hours. I narrowed my eyes accusingly at the monkey at the door and slumped back down on the bed, curling up into a ball under the blanket.

"He hasn't slept much, Eunhyuk. Leave." Kyuhyun growled out. And Hyukkie sighed.

"Why are you here?" He asked again. This was, after all, my room.

"Kyu gets nightmares about his clan, so he comes over sometimes." I explained with a small yawn, and he was silent for a little while.

"Whatever. There's someone downstairs to see you. I'll tell him you're sleeping. He'll probably stay until you wake up, since he hasn't been here for a while." He said,and I nodded, not really comprehending anything he said. I heard his hesitant footsteps leave the room, and Kyuhyun sighed.

"Something wrong?" I mumbled, opening one eye, and he shook his head with a small smile.

"No, it's nothing, you should sleep." He replied, not looking at me, and I groaned.

"Kyu, we both know I won't be able to fall asleep even if I wanted to if you don't tell me." I said, opening both eyes and moving to lie on my stomach as I looked up at him. He bit his lip, looking thoughtful before he sighed and turned to me with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"You...when you said I was a part you you guys... Did you mean it?" He asked, and I nodded immediately. 

"...oh." He sounded out, and I frowned; that definitely wasn't all that was bothering him.

"And...?" I trailed off, pushing him to continue. 

"I'm... Flattered that you think so highly of me, but-" uh oh. I cut him off, covering his mouth with my hand. 

"Kyuhyun," I started, and he looked down at me with wide eyes and a confused but surprised look.

"While I do realize your clan's murder has been hard for you and it probably isn't very nice of me saying it so bluntly -sorry- you are a part of us now, whether you acknowledge it or not." I said, and he blinked at me, before taking my hand from his mouth, keeping his hold on one of them, playing with the fingers of the other one.

"But they don't even like me." He muttered dejectedly, and I smiled lightly at how much like a child he sounded.

"Well, you did try to kill me." I said, and he flinched, making me roll my eyes. "And I'm okay with that," his eyes widened. "But they aren't. You said you didn't want to kill me anymore, and I trust you. They don't like you because they think you're plotting something, you aren't, though." I said, and then blinked.

"Um... Are you?" I asked, and he laughed lightly, shaking his head.

"What would you do if I was?" he asked, and I 'hmm'ed.

"I'd probably have to kill you." I replied, and he chuckled. The sound of his soft chuckles of rare laughs always made me smile. I grinned.

"Kyu, promise me something?" I asked.

"Anything" His response was instant, making me somewhat surprised. "I mean, yeah. Whatever you'd like." He mumbled afterwards, staring at my hand he was holding as he continued fiddling my fingers on the other hand with his free hand.

"Promise me you'll try to smile more?" I asked in a low voice, and his fingers on mine stilled, the grip on my hand tightened ever so slightly for just a second,  then he continued like nothing happened.

"...I will...try." He said, and I smiled happily.

"Great, you look so much cuter when you smile." I said, and he looked straight at me, a light red colour coming over his face for some reason or the other. I guess he was just embarrassed a guy called him cute.

"Y-Yeah... You too." He said, turning a darker shade of red. "Cuter...when you smile." He finished, and I couldn't help but do it; I smiled at him, no doubt turning a little pink as well; the only one who ever called me cute was Hyukkie and Sunny, so it was weird for another person to do it. 

"Tha you, Kyu." I said, and he noddedd, then looked at his watch.

"It's 5:53. The morning, Sungmin. Go to sleep." He ordered, pulling me against him for a hug, but didn't let me go. I returned it, then blinked. Since yesterday he hadn't done it, and the only reason he did it was to make me shut up, I'm sure. But this time, it was of his own accord, and made me happy. He just called me by my name.


"Sungminnie, darling!" Hmm..?

"Shut the up, he's sleeping!" Kyuhyun? Why're you whispering...? Oh, right, I'm supposed to be asleep.

"Chul, shut the hell up. Do you want him to kill you?" Hyukkie's here too.

"I won't kill anyone. Not yet, anyway. I will if you guys don't keep it down though." I mumbled into something that smelled rather nice. I felt fingers going through my hair, and snuggled closer to it. I then realized I was hugging something. Probably Minnie. I snuggled into Minnie, hugging him tighter. Hold up. Minnie's grown. A lot. I sleepily blinked my eyes open, and looked to see I wasn't hugging Minnie at all. It was Kyuhyun. Oops, I hope I haven't killed him or anything, Hyukkie says I strangle people in their sleep. Though, he's already dead, so that would be hard to do. Killing him, that is. I let go of him and sat up. Woah, head rush. I felt his hand fall from my hair and both moved to my waist, to steady me as I swayed.

"Thanks, Kyu." I said with a yawn, and he 'hn'ed in response, keeping a hand on my waist as I looked around the room.

"Sungminnie... What are you doing?" A familiar voice asked. I frowned. Was it one of the coven members? Nope. Um... His name starts with an 'H'...

"Aish... I can't remember your name... What was it?" I mumbled, and heard a snicker from Hyukkie. The person's eyes went wide, and soon he was in my face. I blinked recognizing who it was now, and brightened up, smiling at him just as he was about to say so thing.

"Chullie!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around his neck in a rather awkward hug from where I was, half slumped against Kyuhyun. I was rewarded with a short chuckle and a bear hug from him. When I finally let him to,  I looked at him expectantly, and he raised an eyebrow."

"What?" He asked, sounding somewhat cautios. I pouted slightly.

"You were supposed to get Kyu's stuff?" I reminded, and he snapped his fingers, something I noticed he had picked up from watching American TV shows.

"Oh yeah." He muttered, and my eyes widened. He forgot?!

"Chullie... You forgot, didn't you?" I mumbled, and his eyes widened as the pout I was trying to suppress broke through with practiced ease.

"N-No, Sungminnie, I didn't." He said quickly, and I looked hopeful. Thank goodness, I thought he had forgotten it!

"Um... Hangeng has it." He said, and I tilted my head to the side, a signal for him to elaborate.

"He said he would meet me here, and he's running a little late, y'know." He said, and I 'oh'ed, nodding. I then looked to Kyuhyun with a smile.

"Kyu, you're getting closer to becoming a student! How excited are you right now?" I asked, admittedly squeaking a little at the end. He smiled at me, but it didn't reach his eyes like it usually would; even if he never really gave proper smiles, his eyes always showed whether he was happy or not. But now, they didn't tell me anything. Moreover, they were blood red, and staring straight at me. I practically felt the panic rising in Hyukkie and Chullie as Kyuhyun stared at me, his eyes turning redder by the second. I 'hmm'ed lightly.

"Kyu, I thought you said you were good for at least another few days?" I muttered, and his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips, and back up as I spoke. "You should go." I finished, and he blinked at me before nodding once and gently releasing me and getting off the bed, ruffling my hair lightly, then he disappeared. My guess was he was half way to the forest behind the mansion by now. I flopped back down on the bed in Kyuhyun's former spot and yawned. I was still sleepy, and Kyuhyun's smell all over my bed helped me sleep, we had figured it out when I fell asleep faster with him than Hyukkie. Kyuhyun smelt like  coffee and milk. Mostly milk, for some odd reason.

"Sungminnie...?" Heechul began, and I looked over at him, sitting up. He was my hyung, after all; I should respect him.

"That was Kyuhyun?" He asked, though it sounded more like he was asking himself than me. I nodded anyway, and even Hyukkie seemed to be in a sort of stupor. I simply shrugged it off and moved past them into my bathroom, where I did the usual routine. Since I didn't have anyone waiting for me, I took longer than usual, just enjoying the warm water. Soon I was getting all wrinkly, and got out. I stepped out of the bathroom with the towel around my neck. I hated it when my hair dripped water onto my shirt, it made me feel cold. I blinked as I noticed Hyukkie and Heechul gone, and Kyuhyun on my bed, in different clothes with a smile on his face as he saw my surprised expression. How long did I actually take?

"Kyu! I'm sorry, you didn't wait very long for me, did you?" I asked, slightly panicking. He shook his head with a smile, and beckoned for me to go towards him. I did, and he sat me down between his legs and proceeded to finger my hair, something I had noticed he liked doing. In fact, he loved playing with my hair, especially when it was wet; he would make it stick up in odd directions, then flatten it, then try to plait the short locks before finally drying it properly. Then either he or I would brush it.

"I didn't wait vey long, I just came back." He assured me as he twirled a particularly long lock of blonde hair in his fingers. I 'oh'ed, and waited for him to finish. When he did, I thanked him and we went down for breakfast, he didn't have to eat, but I think he still did it to be polite to me and the half blooded vampires in the mansion. As we went down, we found Heechul, Hangeng, Hyukkie, Ryeowook, Yesung, Kangin and Leeteuk at the dining table. I smiled and jumped on Heechul's back, making him chuckle as he swung me around to face him.

"Morning, Sungminnie. How've you been?" He asked, and I smiled.

"I'm fine. What about you and Hangeng?" I asked, and the other reached over to ruffle my hair.

"We're doing fine, Sungmin," Hangeng said in his calm voice. "I thought you said you'd get rid of this blonde colour." He reminded,and I stuck my tongue out at him as I sat across fom them, motioning for a hesitant Kyuhyun to come over. Hangeng returned the gesture as Kyuhyun sat next to me, and I sighed as he and Hyukkie began their daily staring contest. I cleared my throat, successfully getting their attention.

"You two..." I sighed. "Okay, new rule;" I started, and they gave me curious looks. "Instead of it being limited to only certain places, you two are, from now on, only allowed to murder each other in your minds when I'm not in the room. Or anywhere that I can see you two fighting." I said, and their eyes widened as Wookie set down waffles infront of me, and I gave him a grin as Yesung lid the syrup across the table. Leeteuk looked curious, so I fed him some, he smiled and eventually fed Kangin some as well. I really don't know why Hyukkie says those two don't like each other; they look like best friends! 

"Ah, Chullie, now do you have it?" I asked, and he blinked at me, seemingly to have been staring at me for a while before I had spoken to him, and nodded absentmindedly before reaching into Hangeng's shirt pocket and handing me a folder. I trusted him enough to not have to look inside, but instead smiled at him and shushed Hyukkie every time he asked about it.

"Yah! Lee Eunhyuk, have a little faith, stop worrying!" I exclaimed, and he pouted but nodded anyway. I rolled my eyes as he continued sulking.

"Do I need to get Hae to cheer you up now?" I asked, and his pout turned into the usual smile I had known and loved as he nodded. I simply stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hae's gone shopping, remember? Shoulda gone with him, Hyukkie." I teased, and his eyes widened as the others snickered. He flushed lightly but pinched my nose.

"Shut up, idiot. Else that demon rabbits gonna get it." He threatened.

"Demon rabbit?" My eyes widened and I threw my fork at him. He ducked just in time for it to go over his head and stick itself into the wall behind him. 

"Not my Minnie, Hyukkie." I threatened and he nodded vigorously.

"Y-Yeah. Sorry" he muttered, and I smiled, my eyes lighting up even more at the folder in front of me. Kyuhyun's gonna be a student too! I was so excited I totally forgot everyone was depending on me to start a conversation. Thus, the table was silent.


 "I don't want to go." He almost pouted, making me smile as Hyukkie and everyone else in the living room dropped their teeth to the floor, their eyes rolling around somewhere near their jaws.

"Kyuhyun, you're gonna love it at school. I already told you about it, and you seemed excited to go." I said, and he looked away childishly, shaking his head.

"Kyu, please?" I pleaded, hoping to goodness he would have a sudden change of heart. His gaze flickered to me for a second before he sighed and ruffled my hair, and he nodded, making my eyes widen and I smiled.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, hugging him. He froze, and I let go of him quickly, knowing he wasn't exactly use to coming into contact with other people. I grinned at Hyukkie, giving his shocked expression an 'I told you so' look.

"See? Kyu isn't really a bad person, Hyukkie." I said, proud of Kyuhyun for some reason. Said vampire gave me a questioning look as he hitched his backpack onto his shoulders.

"Hyukkie said I could never get you to set foot anywhere near the school because of something that happened a long time ago," I stared, and he raised an eyebrow.

"So why did you bother trying?" He asked.

"Because I want to go to school with you." I replied, and he blinked, then averted his gaze to the floor as he nodded and opened the front door. He took a small breath before pushing the door open wider and gesturing for me to go out.

"C'mon then, we'll be late." He murmured, and I nodded with wide eyes, realizing we had less than ten minutes before first period would begin.

"Got your enrollment form?" I asked as I went past him and out into the driveway, and he nodded. I quickly did a run through in my head about what he should be ready for at school, and smiled to myself as I recalled going through each one with him already. I went over to Hyukkie's car, and blinked. 

"Hyukkie, can Kyu dr-"

" no. I love you, Sungmin, but not as much as to let that bastard drive my baby." He responded immediately, and I pouted before thinking of something else.

"Oh, okay then, I know what I'll do!" I exclaimed, and ushered Kyuhyun into the back seat and buckled Minnie into the passenger seat next to Hyukkie, then got into the back with Kyuhyun. Hyukkie gave me a 'you can't be serious' look, and I smiled.

"I wanna sit next to Kyu, because it feel like I'm his mother sending him to the first day of school." I practically whined, and he rolled his eyes before staring the car. I cleared my throat as he made to drive out.

"Seatbelt, Hyukkie." 

"It's a straight road, we won't be taking any turns-"

"Would you just put it on? Ah, you too, Kyu." I said, my own seatbelt already buckled up as I smiled at them both. Kyuhyun did his without any complaint, but Hyukkie grumbled as he did his. I grinned and rolled my window down as he backed out of the driveway, and gave Kyu a mischevious look.

"Remember when I said Hyukkie was a slow driver?" I aske, and he nodded. I smirked.

"I lied."


Liked it? I hope so :3

Tell me watcha think?

~Anna