Chapter Twenty Five

Bunny and Wolf

"JINGYEOKHAE BANG! (BANG!) TAN! (TAN!) SONYEONDANCHEOREOM! JINGYEOKHAE BANG! (BANG!) TAN! (TAN!) SONYEONDANCHEOREOM! JINGY-" 

"WHO TURNED BTS OFF? SUNGMINNIE'S GONNA KILL THEM!"

"OH , HIDE!"

"THAT WAS HIS FAVOURITE ALARM!"

"SO? JUST RESTART IT!"

"HE'LL NOTICE!"

"HE'S ASLEEP!"

"HE'LL STILL NOTICE, JUST... AISH, WHO WAS IT?!"

...Why's everyone so loud this morning? And what happened to my alarm?

"Kyu... everyone'se shouting..."

"Sorry, that was my fault. I turned your alarm off 'cause you needed the sleep. Guess that backfired, they're screaming like they're dying." came the deep voice beside me.

...Wait...so that's where my alarm went, then.

"S'fine. Hyukkie's probably gonna come in here soon. Unlock the door, would you?" I asked. He ran a hand through my hair and I moved closer to his warmth as the door lock 'click'ed open, he most likely used his unfair -but sometimes useful- vampire powers. Soon, Hyukkie came in with Yesung behind him. I uncurled from the ball I was in, and sat up, looking at them.

"Mornin' shorty. We don't have school today, it's been called off 'cause of some murder that happened. Apparently it was in the gym." he said, grimacing as I pointed to my dresser, where he huffed as he set down a few crumpled bills and a coin. I smirked at his annoyed face, then smiled at Kyuhyun's confused one.

"In eighth grade, we made a bet; if there was ever a murder at the school we went to, it'd be either the gym of the locker room. I was for it, he was against." I said, smiling triumphantly as Hyukkie huffed out a 'whatever'.

"Well, we're going to see if it was anything or anyone we know about." he said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Now?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Why?"

"...Why not now?" he asked, and I sighed, facepalming.

"It's..." I looked at the clock next to the bed. "8:05 in the morning. They won't let you in the school, especially since there was a murder; you couls always just watch on TV, they're bound to say who it was, and last but not least, I want breakfast."

"So why does that last one stop us from going?"

"You're making it."

"One of those days, huh? Fine, we'll just watch it on TV then. Yesung, get Ryeowook for m-"

"Nope. Hyukkie's gonna be in the kitchen alone. No one helps." I said, making an X with my hands, and Yesung gave me an odd look.

"Won't it be the same, just faster if Ryeowook helps?" he asked, and I shook my head with a smile.

"No. It won't be the same." I said, then sprung up and headed for the bathroom.

"Yeye, could you ask Taemin to get us two bathrooms for my room? It Kyu and I have to wait on each other." I said, and he made a noise of acknowledgement before going downstairs, Hyukkie following.

"Just take one together!" we Hyukkie shout, and I froze, my hand on the door handle. I could tell I was red, and I cussed Hyukkie in my mind.

"Eunhyuk, I am going to kill you, slowly and painfully." I muttered, and a crash was heard right after. Kyuhyun looked at me, and I felt myself getting hotter, and looked away.

"Uhm... d'you wanna go first, or...?" I began, but then just shook my head.

"Y'know what, I'll just use Hyukkie's. Yup. Just gonna... yeah." I inched towards the door, then sort of dashed out when I was close enough. I slammed Hyukkie's bedroom door, locking it, then just stared at it... until my legs gave out and I slumped to the floor.

"Yah... Lee Hyukjae, I'm going to kill you."
 


 

 When I got to the kitchen downstairs, Kyuhyun was there, staring at me as I decended the stairs. I avoided eye contact for as long as possible, glaring holes into the back of Hyukkie's head. Said monkey visibly shuddered, and I narrowed my eyes at him as he turned to rest my plate on the table between us. He gulped nervously, and I decided he was just speaking what was on his mind, without thinking. Not his fault, right? Right.

"Thank you." I mumbled before I shovelled eggs in my mouth. Hyukkie blinked at me, then looked away, no doubt trying to hide the smirk I knew he was wearing. Kyuhyun was then poked by Donghae, who stage whispered to him.

"Don't just stare, idiot! Go do something!" he said, and Kyuhyun glared at him, the same dark glare he used to give Kyuhyun. Donghae blinked and backed away. i scowled.

"Kyu, don't be mean. Donghae's nice." I said, and he scoffed, making me give him a look. He flinched lightly, and bowed his head, muttering a 'sorry', not sounding very apologetic. I sighed and put my fork down with a loud 'clink', and Hyukkie's eyes widened, and he groaned out an 'oh, you've done it now' as the tension in the room suddenly grew thicker.

"Kyuhyun," I began, and every vampire in the room -or house, who could hear me- held their breath upon hearing me use his name.

"Have we not already established that you can leave if you want?" I asked, and he swallowed before nodding.

"And why haven't you?" he didn't answer, just gave me the most wide eyed look I'd ever seen.

"Sungm-"

"The question, Kyuhyun."

"I don't want to leave." He said, and I nodded.

"Why do you not want to leave?"

"I...I've grown attached."

"Clearly not, if this is your treatment towards your coven members."

"They're not-"

"Not your coven? We both know you don't really think that." I said, and he stayed silent, his eyes pitch black. I stared him down until he broke eye contact, the colour fading to its usual brown.

"Kyuhyun. Everyone in this house is a member of the coven you are a part of," I said, and stood from my seat, and carried my plate to the sink. "And you need to realize it, and fix yourself." I finished. I realized right away that I may have been way too harsh, but at the time it was the only way I could have thought to put it.

---

Three days later, we weren't as awkward, but Donghae still treaded lightly around Kyuhyun. It irritated me to no end.

We were in the living room, and everyone had either gone hunting, shopping or to see Heechul, since Hangeng was down with the flu. I was feeling sort of under the weather myself, so I stayed, Kyuhyun being nice enough to volunteer to stay with me.

"...If..." he began suddenly, and I 'hmm?'ed.

"If I do...fix myself," he hestitated, but then continued, "Will you do something for me?"  he asked, and I raised an eyebrow. It was, after all, the coven that killed his father, so I nodded.

"What do you want?" I asked, and he looked at me full on, eyes boring into mine.

"...You." 


 

Do you guys hate me for taking so long, or do you love me for making this happen?

I have a suspicion that it's both :3

So.

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna