Chapter Twenty Seven

Bunny and Wolf

"Sungm-"

"Nope."

"...I didn't even say anything yet!" 

"But you were going to."

"But I didn't!"

"That means nothing when your thoughts are all over your face, Hyukkie."

"...Whatever. I still think you should-"

"No, Hyukjae." I said. He stared at me, longer than necessary, before sighing and coming over next to me. 

"Look, you can't avoid this forever, Sungmin." he said, and I nodded.

"I know." I said. Did he really think I didn't know?

"Then why-"

"Because, unlike everything else in my life; y'know, the things that actually go well, I'm a little reluctant about this." I said. He pulled me into a hug, my hair,

"You're strong, Sungmin. You can do this." he said, kissing my cheek. I took a breath and nodded. He was right; I was strong enough to do this. But, the problem was afterwards. After I told Kyuhyun my feelings. Then what? He doesn't feel the same way, and I won't be strong enough for him to tell me that he doesn't. I won't. Nevertheless, I smiled at him.

"Sure, Hyukkie." I said, then bounced out of the room, a spring in my step. When I was enough from him, I slowed my steps, and the grin fell. I leaned against the wall and calmed my heartrate. I went around the house, looking for Kyuhyun. As I found him, in the kitchen talking to Yesung, they both turned aroundand smiled at me. I returned it, and waited for Yesung to leave after their conversation. I didn't pay any attention to what was being said, just stood there, working out what I would say until I noticed Yesung close the door behind him.I went up to Kyuhyun, who was looking at me with a confused expression.

"Kyu...I've got something I wanna tell you." I said, and he nodded, looking at me expectantly.

"I...um... I think I lo-" I was cut off by a loud scream. A woman's scream. Ahra. Without finishing my sentence, Kyuhyun and I dashed downstairs to the dungeons to find Ahra curled up in a ball. She was trembling, whimpering Kyuhyun's name ever so often. He looked to me with wide eyes, and I pushed him towards her. He scrambled back, shaking his head. I rolled my eyes and practically shoved him next to her. He gave me a pleading look, which I ignored and motioned for him to ask her what was wrong.

"...Ahra?" 

No response.

"Noona, what-"

"Don't you ing 'noona' me, you traitor! What did you do? What happened? Our connection's been severed, Kyuhyun!" she shreiked at him, and he jumped back a few paces. I blinked. THeir connection...? Oh, Heechul did say that vampires from the same coven have a bond. Even if one leaves, there will still be a bond, unless the vampire that left has either died, found a mate, or willingly severed the link. 

We asked Kyuhyun about it, but he said he hadn't been aware of any connection from the start, so Heechul thought he had severed it without knowing even before he knew what it was. But if it was severed now, then does that mean... Kyuhyun has met his mate?

I stood, eyes wide, and stared at Kyuhyun. He was looking at me in confusion.

"...Your bond's severed?" I repeated. Kyuhyun left his sister to come over to me. I shook my head as he came close. We went back upstairs, as Ahra had fallen unconscious. Then I let out a hollow laugh.

"Of course," I muttered, then a few others came into the room as well.

Kyuhyun has found his mate. Since the bond's only being severed now, I suppose that means that the feeling is mutual; that they met before but now either of them is realizing their feelings for the other. Of course.

I looked at Kyuhyun, then at Hyukkie.

"Their sibling bond's been broken." I said. Hyukkie's eyes widened, and I saw the emotions cross his face as they most likely had on mine. Then his wide eyes landed on Kyuhyun. Then on me. He took a steo forward, but I shook my head, a hand out to keep him away.

Through the sadness, I smiled at him, "I'm fine," and felt anger I never knew before.

"Guys?" I called in a shaky voice. Choruses of 'we're all here' came from around the house. I counted the voices, making sure they matched with the number of vampires I knew were home at the time, and nodded.

"All of you... I need you to leave for a day." I said. Suddenly everyone was in front of me. I was, at the moment, slouched at the foot of the stairs, leaning on it. I looked up at them, and they flinched for some reason. Hyukkie's eyes saddened.

"Sungminnie...are you sure you wanna do this?" he asked. I shifted my gaze to him, and he looked away.

"I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have a choice, Hyukkie." I said, and he nodded. All of a sudden, Namjoon came through the front door to my far left, eyes red as he glared at me.

"We just got home." he said, most likely referring to the group of seven. I sighed softly.

"I know. I'm sorry. But it's not my choice-" I was cut off.

"Not your choice? Of course it isnt! So why the are you-" I was supressing my anger, as I had no idea where it came from, but the fuming vampire in front of me seemed to make me even worse. I sighed, not bothering hiding how pissed I was, and stood slowly, then made my wayto Namjoon. Putting a hand on his shoulder, I smiled pleasantly.

"It's 'not my choice', in that if you don't get out, I'll kill you without knowing until I'm done." I said, and he stared at me with wide eyes, before awkwardly taking my hand off his shoulder, patting it twice, then turning around and strolling out the house.

"Until you've calmed your crazy down, we'll be somehwere else, then." he said. I turned to the others behind me.

"Well?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and gesturing to the door with my head,. "Out."

***

A day later, everyone came back to the mansion, to find it in shambles. Eunhyuk sighed as he walked up to it.

"Uh...Where's Sungminnie?" Yesung asked. Eunhyuk shook his head.

"He'll be back. I'm just glad I moved Ahra and Ryeowook as well." he replied. The others looked at each other in confusion, but decided now wasn't the best time to question their leader. They simply nodded, and focused their individual abilities into rebuilding. It didn't take long, but by now Kyuhyun was definitely fuming that no one had said anything.

"Eunhyuk." he finally called once the house was done. Said coven leader stopped what he was doing and looked at the other. He looked tired.

"Later, Kyuhyun." he said, looking haunted. For a moment, all present wondered what could possibly have their leader acting like this, and suddenly, Kyuhyun didn't want an answer anymore.

 


 

Weeks passed, and Sungmin was nowhere to be seen. Everyone was worried, but when they asked their leader, he would shake his head.

"Sungmin knows how to take care of himself. He'll be fine, just wait for him." he said. Eventually, they all got sick of hearing the same thing. Upon voicing their thoughts, Eunhyuk exploded on them.

"You ers think I'm not worried too? I was with him since he was a ing two year old learning to take his own bath, for God's sake. Don't you ing dare think I'm not worried about him. I was his family member before he knew what the word 'family' meant. None of you have the right to tell me you're sick of waiting."

There was silence, until...

"Sick of waiting? Coming from the one who left me to go slaughter a plane?" came a teasing but familiar voice. Everyone turned to see Sungmin, leaning against the front door, car keys in hand and a smirk on his lips.

"I thought we were past that." Eunhyuk said, and Sungmin laughed, grinning brightly.

"We are, but I'm just saying it so you don't forget who the patient ones are." came the reply. Eunhyuk nodded, saluting playfully, before Sungmin threw the car keys to his left, sucessfully getting them into the ash tray they belonged in, before leaning off the door and walking towards Eunhyuk with a smile.

"Hello." he greeted. Eunhyuk smiled.

"Hello there, shorty." he replied. Sungmin pouted.

"I'm not short. You guys all know the right term, don't you?" he addressed the whole room.

"Vertically challenged." Kyuhyun voiced from his corner, not done staring. Sungmin smiled softly at him.

"Hey Kyu. Sorry I disappeared on you. I needed some time to think about stuff." 

"And you couldn't tell us before you left?"

"If I had time to, I probably would have. Didn't Hyukkie tell you everything?" he asked. Everyone turned to Eunhyuk, who raised an eyebrow.

"'Tell them everything?' Uh... stop putting me in trouble, Sungminnie. What's 'everything'?" he asked. Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk like he was mad.

"Eunhyukkie. I love you. You know I love you. But you're actually an idiot, aren't you?"

"I object to that remark."

"All the more reason for me to back it up. Anyway, I was out sorting things out. Things like my identity crisis, first of all. Secondly was my practically non existant love life. Thirdly was...what was it? Oh yeah. The house. Nice job getting it back the way it was. Sorry about breaking it down in the first place, though." he mumbled, then looked back up at the others.

"Wait, wait, wait. What the hell." Kangin was clearly confused. Sungmin smiled at him.

"I'm sorry. To all of you, for worrying you. It was rather selfish of me, but in all honesty, if I didn't just kick you out, then you'd have died. I'm not one for killing my friends, and I don't plan to be." Sungmin bowed loow, a perfect ninety degrees. Then he looked at the coven leader.

"So, Eunhyuk. I have a question for you." he said, and waited for a sign to continue. When Eunhyuk nodded, he continued.

"How much do you trust your coven?"

Silence~

"With my life."

"And your name?"

"...yes."

"Ooh, how nice. Well then," Sungmin clapped childishly, then glared at the vampire before him. "Lee Hyukjae you motherer."


Pretty short, and I apologize for that. You learned like, literally nothing new xD

But, even so...

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna