Chapter One

Bunny and Wolf

 Hi there, my name is Lee Sungmin, and I fell in love with a vampire. It wasn't how I expected it to be, not that I had ever imagined myself meeting one... Of course not, no way... Ahem. It was, in it's own way, romantic, considering I would be spending the rest of my life with this guy. Sadly, to everyone but me, he's a bastard. A total bastard.

How did it happen? C'mon, I'll tell you everything.


I was at my favourite candy shop with Minnie, my pink bunny plushie sitting near to me on the counter. We were waiting for my best friend Hyukjae. Beginning to get bored, I spun in circles on the swirly red stool thing in front of the counter. I stopped soon after, having given myself a small headache. Sighing, I asked for an ice cream sundae with rainbow sprinkles and caramel drizzled on it. After a minute or so, the guy behind the counter gave it to me with a grin and a phone number written on a napkin. Why was he giving me this...? 

"Sungminne!" Hyukjae's voice made me look up, and I grinned upon seeing his own gummy smile as he strutted towards me. He pulled me into a hug, making me almost fall off of my stool.

"Hyukkie!" I greeted as we pulled away from each other. He eyed me up and down as he hopped onto the stool next to me, something he always did when we met up, especially if we hadn't seen each other in a while.

"Minnie, I've missed you too." He said, gently touching Minnie's nose. He then turned to me, about to say something, but stopped, as I could tell from the way his whole demeanor changed; he seemed to get slightly more... Scary? Is that the right word? But Hyukkie wasn't scary at all, he was just... Hyukkie; the big softie I had always known.

"Uh... Whassat?" He asked, looking at the napkin I still had in my hand, and I shrugged, giving it to him.

"I dunno, the guy who served me gave it with my sundae." I replied, my eyes widening and attention diverted as I remembered the ice cream currently sitting in front of me. I offered Minnie, who politely declined as he always does, and attacked it with my spoon. It. Was. Awesome. I was too busy scarfing the ice cream down to hear Hyukjae order. Something with strawberries, most likely.

I was a blind idiot for not noticing the napkin was now burnt and on the floor in a heap of ashes.

"Is it good?" He asked as I devoured my sundae. I nodded with a grin and held out my ice cream filled spoon to him. He took it into his mouth, eyes lighting up.

"It really is good, I should get it sometime." He said, and I laughed as I restarted ravishing my bowl.

"You're just saying that! Next time we come here, you're just gonna have the same strawberry thing again!" I ranted.

"Ah, you figured me out?" He chucked as I gave him a playful shove. We ate in silence, as we sometimes did when we were just satisfied with the other's presence. I was having a silent conversation with Minnie about the taste of Pringles mixed with chocolate, (I think it's good, but Minnie doesn't like it) when Hyukjae's phone then beeped, and he sighed, putting his spoon down to fish it out of his pocket. I was somewhat surprised to see an embarrassed, goofy grin on his face as he looked at the screen. I couldn't help but smirk lightly as he typed something quickly and rested the device on the counter next to his bowl. Minnie had his own suspicions as well.

"What're you giving that look for?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at us suspiciously. I giggled.

"Nothing~" I sang, refusing to answer anything else as I stuck another spoonful of ice cream in my mouth.

"Hn. It's fine. I mean, Sungminnie has to grow up and keep secrets from me, right? It was gonna happen eventually, and you knew it, Eunhyuk." He said to himself, though clearly intending for me to hear. 'Eunhyuk' was his 'alias', though I wasn't entirely sure what he needed one for. When we were both young, I agreed to never let people know of his real name, only because I was excited at the time to have a very first secret to keep. I grinned at his words.

"You're one to talk; who's the lucky person?" I asked. He immediately put on his poker face, though from being with him so long, even if others couldn't, I could -and was quite proud of it too- see straight through it. 

"Yah, Eunhyukkie!" I pouted, mildly annoyed though very curious as he peeked at me from the corner of his eye, then sighed, slumping on his stool.

"His name's-"

"Oh, so it's a guy, then. Minnie knew it someho- sorry." I cut myself off as I saw he was already embarrassed when he started; me interrupting was probably not making it any better for him.

"Yeah; his name's Lee Donghae, and we met at a clan meet-" he suddenly fell silent, and gave me a grin.

"You know how we otakus are." He said, and I sighed, shaking my head in amusement.

"I've got a feeling that Hyukkie isn't telling me everything, but I won't ask him since he doesn't want to tell me, Minnie." I said to the pink bunny next to me. Hyukjae sighed and turned my stool so I could face him, nearly making me drop my spoon.

"It's not that I don't want to; I can't." He said seriously, and I blinked, then put my hand on his shoulder, smiling at him.

"Are you doing anything illegal?"

"Pfft. No."

"Anything that your 'guardian' or whatever doesn't know about?"

"No."

"Hyukkie, it's fine, then. I don't mind; really I don't. Just... Let me know if it's anything important, kay?" He nodded, sending me a horrible excuse for a grin. It saddened me to think that he didn't want to tell me about it, but if he really didn't want me to know, then I couldn't just pry. I pretended not to notice how guilty and sad he looked, and grinned at him. I felt a little better knowing he was feeling at least a little bad for lying to me.

"So, how's your ice cream flavored strawberry taste?" I teased, and his usual happy smile was back, making my own grin widen as well.

"Yah! I just happen to like strawberries, Sungminnie!"he defended, and I held my hands up in mock surrender.

"Minnie, wanna try some?" Hyukkie asked slyly, and my eyes widened as I glared darkly at him, snatching Minnie up from the counter. Where his spoon was a sinful three cm away from his beautiful fluff. Hyukkie blinked once and let out a whooshing breath, highly amused by the looks of it.

"I'll never understand how you turn from being cute and cuddly into some demon." He said nonchalantly, and I made Minnie's right hand swat his arm.

"Minnie says I don't turn into a demon." I said, and Hyukjae rolled his eyes.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. That bunny's probably just possessing you from time to time." He muttered, making me laugh as we both turned back to our -now melted to milkshakes- ice cream. I took two straws from the... Straw holder thingy and handed one to Hyukjae. We toasted with our bowls and slurped our milkshakes.

When we had finished (better described as 'three bowls later'), Hyukjae drove us (Minnie and I) home. I thanked him as we pulled up in front of my house, slightly deflating as I saw the lights off, just as I left them. He seemed to notice and ruffled my hair.

"I still don't know why you're waiting." He said in a tense but teasing manner. I grinned, happy he was here, and pushed his hand away from my head.

"Meh. Night, Hyukkie." I said. I had Minnie give him a small hug around the neck before I did the same, and got out of the car, heading towards my porch. I flipped on the light, bathing the front yard in an unnatural yellow beam. I always sort of disliked light bulbs; they seemed to be trying to match up to the sun. At least, that's what Minnie said, and I've been thinking about it ever since then. Hyukkie says both Minnie and I are crazy. Hmph.

"Yah, Lee Sungmin! Stop thinking about the lightbulbs and the sun and just go inside already!" Hyukjae's shout made me whirl around to see him staring at me from the driver's seat of his car, and I pouted.

"How'd you even know that?" I called as I found the right key, sticking it into the lock.

"What else would you be thinking of when you turn lights on?" He shot back, and I simply waved him off, and stuck my tongue out at him as I went inside. He made sure to watch as I shut the door, and turned the kitchen lights on before driving away. Odd, but he says it's 'to make sure there aren't any weirdos lurking around in my house'. I stretched and set Minnie down on the sofa before shrugging out of my jacket, throwing it somewhere off to my left. Making a bowl of ramen for myself, I slurped it all up. Minnie declined again. I've always wondered how he stays alive if he doesn't eat. Maybe it's just a bunny thing...? After I ate, I washed my bowl and turned the light off. Picking Minnie back up, I turned the light off and went upstairs to my bedroom and put him on the bed, on the lookout for the monsters that might try to get out from under it. You never know when some three eyed goat is gonna come out and eat you in your sleep.

I went into the bathroom and filled the tub with warm water. I loved the chills I got after I came out of Hyukkie's air conditioned car, then into warm water. Especially since we just had ice cream too. Since I didn't feel like sleeping, I decided to take a longer than usual bath, with all the bubbly body wash, and the new watermelon shampoo I bought yesterday. After my bath, I dried myself and noticed after I towelled off that my hair was sticking up in all directions. I knew I would regret not brushing it, but the sweet smells from my bath got me sleepy, so I flopped down on my bed and fell asleep.


Hello there, AFF readers and writers :3 uh... This is my first time doing something like this (not following a plot/storyline), so please judge my work. Crisisizm is appreciated, though I hope you guys won't make me cry or something xD

\(^.^)/

~Anna