You've Got to Learn Things on Your Own

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

The class groaned

“Two pages, no double spacing!” The bell rang and the students filed out, throwing the teacher evil looks. Kyuhyun was the last to leave and he hurried out, remembering he had told Ryeowook and Donghae he would meet them at the front gate.

“Kyu!” Sunny, a bright preppy sophomore in his Calculus BC class hurried to him. Kyuhyun was secretly jealous of the girl… such an advanced math for a sophomore! But nonetheless, Sunny was a sweet teenager, unlike most girls at this school. Her and her ring of eight other friends were rather nice.

“Hi Sunny!” He greeted her back and she instantly gave her Kyuhyun those puppy eye looks.

“Can I pretty please look at homework?”

“Sunny-ah I told you, you don’t learn by copying other people’s homework!” But Sunny said nothing, keeping her big eyes on Kyuhyun. After an intense moment of staring, he gave in and handed her two sheet of paper.

“Here Sunny. Sheesh.” She instantly perked up and kissed Kyuhyun on the cheek.

“Thanks oppa!” One of her friends, a girl who constantly wore her hair in pigtails- Yoona- waved at Kyuhyun before sweeping Sunny into a hug. Kyuhyun smiled and walked against the wave of students. He wanted to put a huge distance between him and Sunny before she realized that the papers were his old homework corrections.

“Wook!” Kyuhyun shouted and his petite friends turned, looking worried.

“What’s going on?” Kyuhyun asked and Donghae wordlessly pointed to a boy with blonde highlights. He had his arm wrapped around a girl and as they walked closer, Donghae rolled his eyes.

“What is that girl thinking? She only moved here last week and now Jonghyun’s after her? Does she know what’s going to happen?” Ryeowook frowned but shook his head.

“It’s not our business. All we need to know is that, whoever the girl is, she’s going to become a nobody. It’s pretty disgusting how Kim Jonghyun goes after the new kids…” he shuddered and Donghae patted his head.

“Don’t worry, your fishie will protect you, Wook.”

Kyuhyun stared at the couple that was getting closer with every step.

“Guys, that’s a boy.” Ryeowook and Donghae, who had turned to the subject of the school musical looked up.

“No. That’s a girl and Kim Jonghyun.” Donghae argued, but Kyuhyun pointed to the pair.

“Oh. That’s one pretty boy.” Donghae whispered. Ryeowook giggled.

“But I’m prettier right?”

“Really.” Jonghyun strutted by and shot the three friends a nasty look.

“Look, it’s Mr. No Life Gamer. Did you reach maximum level in Starcraft ten times yet?” Kyuhyun gritted his teeth.

“Yeah. I did. Did you every girl in this school three times yet?” Jonghyun muttered an offensive word and the other boy hit his side gently.

“Jonghyun, that wasn’t very nice!”

“They deserved it babe.” Jonghyun kissed the boy’s forehead and behind them, Donghae made gagging noises.

“Come on, no need to hang around these freaks.” He muttered and they went through the gates and into MS High School.

“Idiot.” Kyuhyun said, satisfied that he had angered Jonghyun quite a bit.

“You know, Kyu, I’m surprised you don’t get jumped for being such a to Jonghyun and his crew.” Ryeowook mused, taking out his sandwich and taking a huge bite from a corner.

“What? They know that if words goes to the headmaster, they’ll be out in less than an hour.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“True that.” Donghae waved to Taemin, a bouncy Junior who happened to be Jonghyun’s cousin. They were complete opposites. Taemin was very nice and helped everyone around him. He had never touched somebody in a vulgar way. Taemin was a heartthrob, just like his dear cousin Kim ing Jonghyun. Can you add names to someone? Because ing would be an amazing middle name for Jonghyun… Kyuhyun snickered to himself.

“Hi Taemin!” Ryeowook greeted him happily. Taemin waved back just as energetically.

“Are you guys trying out for the school musical?” He asked, plopping himself down next to Kyuhyun. Donghae raised his hand.

“Me!” Ryeowook smirked.

“Only because Hyukjae is trying out…” Donghae blushed red and murmured something. The others smiled, knowing Donghae’s secret love for Lee Hyukjae, the school’s dancing machine. He was the president of Dance Junkies, a dance club at school and anytime there were contests during breaks and lunches, he had won every one of them he participated in.

“Shh! Don’t tell everyone Wookie!” Donghae tossed Taemin a carton of banana milk and Taemin thanked him.

“Well I am! I can’t wait!” Taemin grinned.

“What do you have to do to try out?”

“Uhm…” Taemin’s face scrunched up as he strained to remember the rules.

“You have to sing and dance. Kyu, you should try out with us!” He suggested and Kyuhyun laughed.

“No, I think my realm is in the world of academics, Taemin. You should definitely try out though. I’ll be watching every single one of your shows.” Kyuhyun said, earning a bright smile from the Junior.

“Taemin! Hey!” Onew, or Lee Jinki called his classmate over.

“Bye guys! See you later!” Taemin hopped up and hurried away to his friend.

“Taemin is cool.” Ryeowook commented, watching the boy’s red hair flip in the wind.

“Too bad it doesn’t go to certain members of the family.” Kyuhyun mused out loud and Donghae snickered.