They Make It a Drag

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

“Up next is… Hyukjae!” Professor Kim called out and Hyukjae, or known as Eunhyuk sauntered up to the stage.

“Yeah Hyukjae!” A girl screamed and he nodded curtly to the source. Donghae was near the back with Taemin and he watched the blonde climb up the steps and onto the center stage.

“Do you really need to try out for dancing Mr. Lee?” Professor Kim’s daughter, Taeyeon said, shuffling the papers.

“I think we can pass that, Tae.”

“Then singing it is, Sir.” Lee Hyukjae smiled and opened his mouth to sing. A few moments after, Donghae and Taemin were staring at each other, dumbstruck.

Who knew that guy could sing so well?

“Very nice Mr. Lee. Now… who… is next? Donghae? Lee Donghae?” The music teacher called out and Taemin clapped loudly, encouraging Donghae.

“YEAH. FISHIE.” Donghae blushed and walked by Hyukjae who has resumed his spot leaning on the wall.

“Hey.” He held Donghae back and gave him a breathtaking smile.

“Good luck.” Donghae stuttered out a word, but Hyukjae pushed him forward.

“Go on!” He whispered and the fishie nodded. He touched me, he really did… Taeyeon waggled her eyebrows at Donghae.

“Ready, Hae?” Donghae swiveled his hips and shot finger guns at the teacher’s daughter.

“Taeyeon, I was born ready.” She leaned back. “Let’s hear and see it then.”

 

- -

 

As soon as Donghae had finished auditioning, he excused himself to leave for soccer practice. Donghae sighed as he scaled the hill heading toward the boy’s locker room. It wasn’t that Donghae hated soccer, in fact he loved soccer.

It was the fact that Kim Jonghyun’s ring of friends was all in the soccer team.

Kim Heechul and Choi Minho. They were both good, but everyone knew Donghae was the best, the star player. Donghae beamed at the thought of that and hurried in to change. He unlocked his locker and threw on a shirt, shorts and slapped on his shin guards. He sat down loudly on the bench to slip on his knee socks, and then tie on his cleats. Donghae checked the clock: four fifteen. He had until six thirty. Donghae hurried out onto the field where the team was dribbling the balls back and forth the field.

“Sorry Coach.” Junhyung, the school soccer coach for girls and boys nodded.

“Alright Donghae. Come on, go join the boys.” Donghae jogged around the track as a warm up, loving the feeling of the wind in his hair.

“Hey Donghae, here!” Yoseob, a mere freshman waved him over. Donghae nodded and hurried over and quickly joined the group in dribbling. Yoseob had pinned his hair back with a couple of bobby pins and Donghae laughed.

“Who did that to you, Yoona?” Yoseob nodded. Yoona was Yoseob’s ‘hairstyler’; since Yoseob’s hair was long.

“No gossiping, girls!” Coach shouted to their circle and the guys laughed.

“Talking about gossiping…” Yoseob turned to Donghae.

“Did you see the new guy with Jonghyun? Yuck.” He squeezed his face together, trying to make a disgusted expression. Donghae noted Yoseob was simply too adorable to do that.

“Yeah.” Donghae shook his head warily as he kicked the ball to another player.

“I don’t even know if that poor kid knows what’s going to happen when Jonghyun get’s tired of him.”  Yoseob nodded solemnly and a ball soared passed his head, almost hitting him.

“Sorry… I think.” Kim Heechul sprinted over to the group and gave them a brilliant smirk.

“I hope I didn’t hurt you too much Yoseobby.” His voice dripped with fake sweetness and Donghae glared at him.

“Go back to your posse, Heenim.” Heechul swiftly saluted the boy and went back to his friends. Donghae could hear Minho laughing loudly as he turned to back to the other group.

“Jerks… you okay Seobby?” Yoseob nodded just when Coach blew his whistle to start scrimmaging.

“Okay, I want Donghae on one side and Minho on the other. Come on!” The two boys stood directly opposite of each other, avoiding eye contact.

“Yang, Yoseob! Minho’s team.” Yoseob seemed to shrink back a bit and staggered over to the huge senior’s side. Donghae felt pity for the freshman but that feeling quickly transferred to himself when Heechul sauntered to him.

“Looks like we’re on the same team, doesn’t it fishie?” Heechul said, stretching and revealing his rather feminine legs. Donghae groaned slightly from frustration.

“Let’s play. Captains, shake hands!” Donghae held out his hand limply and Minho gripped it tightly, crushing the bones.

“Good luck, fishie. Really. I hope you don’t cry when you see the score is ten to zap.” Donghae smirked.

“We’ll just see Choi.” 

They make socccer such a drag...