When the Truth Comes Out

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

Sungmin glanced at Jonghyun nervously. He had worked himself up to ask his boyfriend about his social status. Jonghyun however did not notice his boyfriend’s discomfort as he kept talking about his classes. Sungmin had to smile. Jonghyun really did try in school even though his classes and grades were low. Minho coughed and Jonghyun turned, looking at him with venomous eyes. 

 

“What?” Minho shifted his eyes to Sungmin and the boy looked down, not meeting any of their eyes. Jonghyun stopped. 

 

“Oh.” He reached out to touch Sungmin’s hands. “Min, are you okay?” Sungmin was quiet then everything flowed out.

 

“Jonggie, I… what… what’s my social status here at this school?” Jonghyun was stunned but he recovered.

 

“My boyfriend. What else would you be?” Sungmin shrugged. 

 

“I don’t know. I’ve heard things…”


“Min, you’re something we- the school calls ‘Untouchable’. Because currently you’re Jonghyun’s. And Jonghyun is someone no one messes with at this school.” At this statement Jonghyun puffed his chest out proudly but he quickly deflated as Minho shot him a look. 

 

“And what’s an Unwanted?” Sungmin asked. He was finally getting to know the answers. 

 

“That’s your future status at this school.” Jonghyun answered, a look of shame passing his proud face. 

 

 

“You mean…” Sungmin’s eyes widened. 

 

“Yeah. No one will want you. I’ve talked to other guys and girls and they said they wouldn’t touch anything that once belonged to Kim Jonghyun.”

 

“So my life at this school after you’re bored with me will be… deserted?”

 

The two guys’ silence answered for him and Sungmin got up, walking out of the library door. He could hear Minho’s voice calling for him but was instantly quieted down by the librarian. Sungmin grabbed his bike and began to bike down the road. Ten minutes later he found himself in front of Kyuhyun’s door, tears starting to leak out of his eyes. Kyuhyun opened the door with a wide smile on his face. 

 

“Hello! What’s-“ He stopped suddenly. 

 

“Min? What’s wrong?” Sungmin didn’t answer but tears kept rolling down his face. Kyuhyun took him in and had him sit on the small table they had in the kitchen while he made hot chocolate. Sungmin thanked him and Kyuhyun smiled back. He took a chair and sat by Sungmin, gently rubbing his knees reassuringly. 

 

“What’s wrong Min?” Sungmin told him about Jonghyun and the way he had hidden everything from him. He told Kyuhyun about Jessica and the way people at school treated her and how that was going to be his destiny at this school. Kyuhyun was quiet the entire time and when Sungmin finished, the only sound in the house was Sungmin quietly sniffling and sipping his coco. 

 

“I promise your senior year will be bad. That’s a promise.” Kyuhyun whispered as he stood up.

 

“How? Minho said that… that no one messes with Jonghyun.” Sungmin hiccupped loudly. 

 

“I would.” Kyuhyun whispered and gently kissed the crying boy on his lips. Sungmin stopped sniffling at once, his eyes wide. Kyuhyun grinned as Sungmin put his cup down and hugged him tightly. 

_____

 

omg. you guys. I UPDATED! I took the Macbook out to do some music recordings and Garage Band, those goodies and I was like, well might as well write some more... so tada! And it's not that bad, isn't it? ^___^ Sorry I took forever you guys.