Projects... one way to flirt

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

Sungmin giggled and playfully pushed Jonghyun away.

“Oppa, stop. We’ve got to get ready for classes.” Jonghyun smirked.

“Why go to these boring classes if I can spend the whole day with you?” Sungmin yelped as Jonghyun attacked his neck again.

“Jonggie…” The smaller boy whimpered, feeling the school walls press onto his back. The bell rang and Jonghyun pulled back, annoyed.

“, the students are going to be coming out soon… want me to walk you to class Min?” Sungmin shook his head.

“You’re going to be late again. Go ahead. My class is right there.” Jonghyun frowned but the determined Sungmin made up his mind.

“I’ll see you later.” Jonghyun pecked Sungmin’s cheek and left, dodging the admiring students.

“You know Jonghyun, some people don’t enjoy your little public scenes.”

“And not everyone is impressed with your soccer skills, Lee.” Jonghyun snapped back, knowing it was a weak remark. Donghae seemed to sense this too and grinned in triumph.

“Oh Jonghyun, then why do all the girls scream my name, instead of yours? I do suppose they get tired of screaming your name…” Jonghyun smirked, knowing Donghae was talking about his habit of sleeping with different people.

“Damn straight, Lee.”

“I hope the only name you’re yelling is Sungmin’s.”

“Of course.” Jonghyun answered indignantly and Donghae laughed.

“Seem a bit uptight there Jonggie. Why, Min isn’t that good in bed?” The popular one shot Donghae a nasty glance.

“Get lost Lee, before I make sure you won’t be able to dance or play soccer for one hell of a long time.” Donghae walked away, still chortling.

“Idiot.” The warning bell rang and Jonghyun sprinted to his class, hoping the teacher wouldn’t notice him coming in.

 

Kyuhyun watched Sungmin enter the class quietly, slipping into his seat. Everyone around glanced at the current Untouchable and Kyuhyun could see many students had rolled their eyes. Sungmin really didn’t have friends, Kyuhyun observed. Maybe I could ask him to be my partner for the project….

“Settle down, settle down.” Mr. Lee hurried in, his long trench coat tails flying in every direction. The students quickly fell silent.

“Good morning. I hope you all had a nice weekend. I am almost done correcting your tests and some of the scores were amazing, and the other’s were downright horrible.” He eyed several students, who shrunk back.

“As you know we are going to be starting our literature project on the English novel, The Odyssey.” Someone poked Kyuhyun and he turned, seeing Shindong, an old friend nod at him. Kyuhyun was about to nod back but the teacher’s words stopped him.

“Partners have already been chosen!” A collective groan was heard through out the classroom and the teacher nodded firmly.

“The names were chosen on a computer program, so don’t think I paired you up in pure haste.” He began calling out names. Shindong was paired with Sooyoung, a very pretty girl who was the current captain of the cheerleading squad.

“Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Jaejoong!”

“What? But Mr. Kim…”
“The two smartest kids are paired up!” The red haired teenager turned to Kyuhyun and smiled.

“Looks like this project is going to be easy for us, won’t it?” Kyuhyun knew it was a true factor and nodded.

“So the project, you can present this in anyway. Do whatever. But the point of this is to show not only me, but also the whole class you understood what happens in the story. I want you to be creative, since your grade is mostly based on creativity.” He checked the clock above his head.

“And the rest of the period is yours.” Kids scrambled around to find different seats next to their partners and Kyuhyun saw Sungmin sitting next to a girl in Sunny’s group of friends- Tiffany.

“So Cho, what are you thinking about for the project?” Jaejoong relaxed back in his chair.

“A song.”

“Seriously? A song?” Kyuhyun nodded and Jaejoong seemed okay with that idea.

“Sure, I think I have a nice voice. And everyone knows you do to, Kyu.” He and took out a sheet of blank music bars.

“Let’s start then.” They began pulling notes from thin air and harmonized them together, deciding if the notes sounded good or not. But Kyuhyun’s eyes kept trailing over to Jonghyun’s latest interest.

“Dude, can you pay attention to the music, not whoever you’re staring at?” Jaejoong sighed impatiently and Kyuhyun looked back.

“Sorry.” He turned all the way around and grabbed the sheet of music.

“I hope you’re not staring at Sungmin. You know he’s the Untouchable.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“So?”

“Kyuhyun…” Jaejoong warned. “This is your senior year. You know, I don’t want you to get beat up or anything.”

“Jonghyun perfectly knows that if he lays a finger on me, he’ll get expelled in a second.” Kyuhyun said calmly.

“But when did squirming his way out of everything stop? Jonghyun has been getting out of trouble ever since he was a little kid. Kyu, just pay attention to school, okay?” Kyuhyun nodded. True to what Jaejoong just said- Jonghyun was a troublemaker but the teachers never acknowledged him as one. He always blamed the trouble on someone else and he was a master at getting out of tight situations. But Kyuhyun was determined that Jonghyun was not going to get his way this time…