No Fighting, Girls!

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

Taemin exited his pre calc class, Onew, or Lee Jinki, trailing in his wake.

“Taemin! Congrats on making the musical!” Onew was always happy and energetic, something Taemin found quite unnerving sometimes.

“Thanks Taemin.”

“Before you know it, you’ll be acting and you’ll be famous!” Taemin nodded along, twisting around a rather large senior and found that Jinki had ended up on the other side of the hall. Taking this chance, Taemin hurried to find Kyuhyun.

“Kyu!” Kyuhyun turned, talking to Key.

“Oh, hi Taemin!”

“Taeminnie…” Key cooed.

“Hi!”

“Congrats on making the school musical! I’ll be going to every performance!” Key gushed, taking a bite out of an apple.

“Why didn’t you try out Kyuhyun?” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“School work.”

“Oh please. That didn’t stop you from running cross country.”

“That’s different, Kibum.” Kyuhyun handed Taemin his books.

“You left these in my house the other day. I hope you didn’t need these the past few days.” Taemin gratefully shook his head.

“Thanks Kyu!” Kyuhyun’s eyes were glued somewhere else and Key followed his view. Jonghyun was walking with Sungmin clung to his side.

“You’ll be thanking me, Kyuhyun.” Key said quietly and stepped a few feet away from the area where the three stood. He pretended to be looking at his clock and when Sungmin and Jonghyun walked by stuck his foot out casually. With a cry, Sungmin stumbled forward, taking Jonghyun with him. Everyone stopped and stared the three.

“Oh no! Jonghyun, Sungmin are you all right? Kyuhyun! Come help!” Key shot Kyuhyun a look and he trudged to help Sungmin up.

“Are you okay?” He asked, picking up Sungmin’s books.

“Yeah.” Sungmin laughed shakily.

“Omo, Jonggie! You didn’t break any bones did you?”

“You didn’t break a nail, helping me up, right?” Jonghyun snapped, pushing the diva away.

“I’m fine.” Kyuhyun picked up the last piece of paper and noticed it was the paper for their English project.

“You’re going to act out a segment?” Kyuhyun asked, reading the draft. Sungmin took it away shyly.

“Yeah. Tiffany loves to act and said it wouldn’t be that bad.”

“Kyuhyun can help you.” Taemin’s head popped up at the side.

“What?”

“Yeah! Kyuhyun used to act, you know?” Kyuhyun gave Taemin a look, but quickly turned back when a beaming Sungmin said, “Really? Kyu, can you help me?”

Kyu? Kyuhyun was bewildered, but Jonghyun yanked Sungmin away.

“No. That’s bull. All Cho cares about are his stupid videogames.” Taemin looked enraged and opened his mouth to say something.

“But Jonggie, I want him to help!”

“No!”

“This is my grade! I at acting!” Jonghyun’s grip tightened on Sungmin’s arm and he flinched.

“Let’s go.” Kyuhyun held out his arm, hitting Jonghyun’s chest.

“Let him go.” Jonghyun sneered and let go of Sungmin, just to shove Kyuhyun away.

“Shove off Cho, and I’ll make sure you leave high school safe.” He and Sungmin went away. Sungmin turned, his face screwed with worry. He held up a hand, fingers bent into a cell phone. He held it to his face and mouthed, “Call me later.” Sungmin pointed to Key and the crowds swallowed them up.

“You have his number?” Key nodded and handed Kyuhyun a slip of paper.

“Here.” The bell rang and everyone shuffled to his or her classes.

“I’ll see you later.” Taemin waved at the two seniors and entered junior hall. Key echoed Taemin’s words and left. Kyuhyun waved at his retreating form and he himself walked to his economics class.

Only later did Kyuhyun realize that half of the school had been tuning in to his and Jonghyun’s argument.