How Could I Have Been So Stupid?

The Untouchable and Unwanteds

 

Sungmin didn’t know why he suddenly thought of Kyuhyun a lot. Maybe it was the fact that Kyuhyun was there constantly to help him. They told jokes and everyday, did homework together in the library. When Sungmin wasn’t looking for Jonghyun, he was running around the school, searching for Kyuhyun. Sungmin was startled out of his thoughts as Tiffany slammed a piece of cloth onto Sungmin’s desk.

“Min! Get dressed! Today is our presentation!” She fluttered around him and he groaned, picking up the piece of cloth and excusing himself into the restroom. A few moments after locking himself in the restroom stall, Sungmin realized how stupid he had been to go and change in the restrooms. He would have to walk back to the classroom. Through the halls. His face burned ahead of time, knowing the embarrassment he would feel. Peeking outside the restroom Sungmin sprinted back to class, sharply turning the corner and happened to run into Kim Jaejoong.

“Well Sungmin, you definitely look… charming.” He said, eyeing Sungmin’s toga with amusement.

“Thank you Jaejoong.” Sungmin bowed awkwardly and hurried back into class before he ran into someone. Tiffany was at her seat, dressed in long robes. She would be playing Calypso, the daughter of Atlas. Sungmin scowled darkly her way and turned back to sit in his seat. Kyuhyun was talking to a friend, laughing loudly. He was holding a guitar. Was he going to sing for the presentation?

“Attention… we’ll be starting the presentations shortly. As soon as Mr. Kim comes back and…. Well, there he is.” Jaejoong sat in his seat and turned to wink at Sungmin. First people up were two people who obviously prepared last minute.

“Any other volunteers?”

“We’ll do it Professor.” Jaejoong called out, hand waving. Kyuhyun hit his side.

“Shut up Jae!”

“Well, then go on.” He looked at the boys and they went up to the front of the class, pulling chairs out from empty desks. Jaejoong strummed a few chords and Kyuhyun began humming the starting notes. And they both began to sing. Something struck Sungmin inside; something familiar. As he sat there, not paying attention to the lyrics, the story it was telling, but the voices. He didn’t know they had finished and Tiffany had volunteered next. When Sungmin came back to reality, he groaned slightly and as he walked up the aisles, he pulled his toga down.

“Yeah! Sungmin!” Someone shouted and catcalls were heard. Sungmin blushed madly and took his place at the other side of the classroom, just as they rehearsed. Tiffany cleared her voice and began the skit.

 

Sungmin sat down by his favorite chair in the library and everything clicked into place. The gifts he had been receiving the past few weeks… it all made sense now. Cho Kyuhyun. Sungmin was secretly elated. Kyuhyun liked him… more than a friend. How could he have been so stupid and not have figured this out before? Sungmin remembered the letter the disc had come with… But if you need anything, need someone to talk to; I know you’ll come straight to me.

Sungmin mentally slapped himself. Now what could he do? He was in a relationship with Jonghyun, but now there was Kyuhyun… Sungmin sighed. He thought this sort of drama was only meant for girls, not guys. He paused as footsteps were heard around the shelves.

“Sungmin? Minnie-ah? Hyung?” Kyuhyun’s melodic voice that Sungmin loved was heard over the books. Ducking into the medical alcove, he ducked out of Kyuhyun’s sight. His voice faded into the distance and Sungmin sighed in relief. Things were too complicated for him and seeing Kyuhyun would not help. At all. 

________

DUN DUN DUNNNN. Looks like our bunny is in some deep trouble. But no worries! More is on the way for one of our favorite couples... I haven't forgotten 2min or Jongkey, either. They're not the biggest OTP in this fanfic; Kyumin is but as an addition I added some SHINee OTPs... poor Onew has no one. I love his voice though :)